It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are people jealous of the rich, intelligent, and powerful "Elite"?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I always here people complaining about the "Elite" controlling the world and holding us all back. That is just ridiculous. We live in a country that is full of opportunity. Why is it that a person can come here from a foreign country and become successful, if there is some group of people that are holding everyone back? Why is it that a kid could leave high school or college and start a business and become wildly successful, if we are held down by the Powers that Be?

I think it is just a matter of being jealous of people who have developed the skills to be successful, while some people are incapable or unwilling to do what it takes to succeed.

So tell me why is there so much hate of people who succeed, and why do you consider them a threat to you. Why do you call them the elite, when they are no different from you other than the fact that they have greater accomplishments?

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
because they arent one of them? (assuming what you say is true and its solely based on jealousy, which i disagree with)

[edit on 29-6-2009 by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest]

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft

I think it is just a matter of being jealous of people who have developed the skills to be successful, while some people are incapable or unwilling to do what it takes to succeed.

I'm not going to offer my opinion about jealousy, but I think this comment is a bit unfair, I think a lot of successful people are only there because of sheer luck or good family/ friend connections or of course good money starting point.

Some of the most intelligent people in the world can experience bad luck all their life, that they never get that starting point to succeed properly.

[edit on 29-6-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I'm not jealous of them, I'm scared of them.

I do not want to get caught up in their class war, nor do I want them turning America into Nazi Germany.

The sad thing is, I think they could do it if they really wanted to.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

I am of the belief that we all suffer bad luck from time to time, but that people who succeed use it as a way to improve themselves whereas people that fail use it as an excuse as to why they have failed.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

I am of the belief that we all suffer bad luck from time to time, but that people who succeed use it as a way to improve themselves whereas people that fail use it as an excuse as to why they have failed.

Yes well of course that's how it works for a lot of people, but I would say not for everyone, my point is not every successful person is there because they have worked for it more than others.

It has a lot to do with that extra bit of luck.

e.g alright singer gets super famous, but an amazing singer who sings writes and plays her own music doesnt get so far because she's not as attractive or doesn't have that right look they are looking for.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I do not dislike any of those who have earned their wealth. I have a problem with the ones who are born into money.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
only people with weak minds think your accomplishments are about how much money you make.

not everyone wants to be involved in the huge penis wagging competition where you hoard money. if you came to this country to make money and you did that's great. but it means very little to lots of people. you simply feel good about yourself because big papa is rewarding you. wait until he starts slapping your face then we'll see which tune you play.

link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

Am I jealous no. Am I afraid yes.

Anyway, success is not earned (except on rare occassions). It is given, it depends on the people who give it to you, but most of the time success is given by: Money, Connections and more money.

Bad luck has nothing to do with success, or the strive to succeed. My friend had his hand chopped off because he was sawing a piece of wood and whoosh it was gone. Does that mean this bad luck will relate to my friend not being successful because he wasn't trying? No, he tried, but because no one would give him a chance to work, ONLY because he had one hand. That means according to your theory above, that he didn't try hard enough.

Success is given and very rarely earned.

[edit on Jun 29th 2009 by TheMythLives]

link   

I always here people complaining about the "Elite" controlling the world and holding us all back. That is just ridiculous. We live in a country that is full of opportunity. Why is it that a person can come here from a foreign country and become successful, if there is some group of people that are holding everyone back? Why is it that a kid could leave high school or college and start a business and become wildly successful, if we are held down by the Powers that Be?

So tell me why is there so much hate of people who succeed, and why do you consider them a threat to you. Why do you call them the elite, when they are no different from you other than the fact that they have greater accomplishments?

'Opprotunity' is made by the elite, and for those who have been chosen to become the elite. It is no secret that the rich elite have control over everything, *cough* David Rockefeller *cough* Rupert Murdock *cough*
These men are just examples, and are just a small part of this. These powerful men are the personification of evil, greed, and corruption. And they must die or be imprisioned and stripped of their power and wealth.
then the world might know peace.

link   

Very good point about the singer. I was just having this discussion with my girlfriend the other night. She is like 15 years younger and so she grew up watching boy bands. I on the other hand grew up watching Steven Tyler so strung out he could only stand by holding on to his mic stand. Oh the good old days

Anyway, I was telling her how alll the greatest bands would never make it today because people like Mic Jagger and Steven Tyler didnt have the perfect look.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by The Killah29

David Rocefeller and Ruppert Murdoch are not stopping you from succeeding. Did you go to start a business or go to college and they came there and said dont let Killah succeed?

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

e.g alright singer gets super famous, but an amazing singer who sings writes and plays her own music doesnt get so far because she's not as attractive or doesn't have that right look they are looking for.

Wrong! Because people are not just jealous of the superficial. A lot of people envy the inner beauty, inner richness too.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I don't think it is so much jealousy as it is a sense of injustice. I'm all for successful people. But most of the super rich cross the line from successful to criminal. How many times in the recent news have we seen corruption in so called rich people. Banker bailout, corruption, Madoff, Wall Street, GM, AIG Execs.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

Yea grapes, this is the land of opportunity, and there is nothing wrong with attaining success, becoming rich, and reaching the pinnacle of society. There is CERTAINLY nothing wrong with being intellectually gifted.

There IS something wrong when these elite rob the American People regularly (Bailout, Federal Reserve) and want to destroy national sovereignty in order to establish a one-world dictatorship. That's where the problem is.

David Rockefeller (one of the global elite), in his own writings, said this;

Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as 'internationalists' and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure - one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and am proud of it.

So again, there is nothing wrong with being a so-called 'elite,' there is something wrong when you want to use your power to carry out eugenics (1), enslave people (2), rob taxpayers (3), and destroy civil liberties (4).

[edit on 29-6-2009 by JipStix]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
If they were rich and helping the people in need and only doing good and not bad then I would be glad that they are rich.

But right now most rich people (from what I know) are only trying to take control.

I also don't believe that 99% of the wealth in the world should be owned by 1% of the population. (I don't know if the percentages are right but I think people get my point)

I'm also not thinking about about myself, I'm thinking about the innocent children that are dying of hunger.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by danielsil18

Well look at Bill Gates and Warren Buffet. They are two of the richest men in the world and they are giving over 99% of their wealth to help the poor in the world. We can all contribute to the hungry, as it doesnt cost that much. The problem is in the governments of these people and the fact that many of them steal what is given to the people.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
*SNIP*

Nobody is jealous of the rich and powerful when they talk about the "elite" and the NWO. These people i.e. some of the richest families in the world control A LOT. I mean do you even f'ing realize just how wealthy and powerful the top 1% of Americans are? You obviously have no clue. They control a HUGE part of the American economy. And it's not about money either. They control land, resources etc. These people live like you can't even imagine. Not only do they directly control certain aspects of the economy they have a HUGE amount of influence in politics. Just take the economy for example. The Federal Reserve is run by private banks of which Citigroup and JPMorgan are two of the biggest. Who the hell do you think owns a majority of stake in these two banks? The Rockefeller family. The Rockefeller family's influence is so far reaching it's ridiculous. And there are hundreds of families in the US that exert as much influence as them.

Wanna know how Rockefeller originally made all his money? He bought discount rifles from a US government warehouse in which he had a contact and then turned around and sold these same rifles to the US Army during the civil war at a huge profit.

Most of these families are full of corruption when it comes to how they made their money.

Mod Edit: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Courtesy Is Mandatory – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 29/6/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

Is that really corruption or is that brilliance? Isnt the aim to buy low and sell high? What is wrong with making use of contacts you have made, that is what any good business person does.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by tamusan
I do not dislike any of those who have earned their wealth. I have a problem with the ones who are born into money.

lol, so you just don't like their kids? haha what a joke.

They control a HUGE part of the American economy. And it's not about money either. They control land, resources etc. These people live like you can't even imagine. Not only do they directly control certain aspects of the economy they have a HUGE amount of influence in politics. Just take the economy for example. The Federal Reserve is run by private banks of which Citigroup and JPMorgan are two of the biggest. Who the hell do you think owns a majority of stake in these two banks? The Rockefeller family. The Rockefeller family's influence is so far reaching it's ridiculous. And there are hundreds of families in the US that exert as much influence as them.

Welcome to capitalism!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join