It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anyone else sick of hearing about Michael Jackson?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Of all the things news worthy this weekend, I found myself quickly growing tired of the Michael Jackson frenzy. Every news channel, every video channel, every commentary, opinion, and movie star... all emotional and claiming personall connection with the man. You would think he knew everyone on earth personally from the comments coming from the media. Don't get me wrong, I feel bad for the family and their loss, I realy feel bad for his kids, but I dont think they ever knew what a real dad was supposed to be like. I mean, wasnt this guy a child molester? I know he was never convicted, but he was accused several times, and each time didn't he pay off the family so they would go away. I watched in disbelief in his interviews talking about it being wonderful to sleep with children. Personally, knowing all his perverse ideas about kids, not to mention all of his simply strange and questionable personal habbits...why in the world are we all treating this man as if he were the messiah!?! It's like he discoverd the cure for cancer and now we have lost an international treasure. It's just difficult for me to comprehend the total insanity of millions around us who are litterally killing themselves in grief over his death. There are reports today from his offical web based fanclub that there have been suspected suicides around the world. I don't know what the world is coming to when someone who more than likely molested children is exhaulted to sainthood simply because he could grab his crotch and moon walk. But thats just my two cents.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockstrongo37
[more
I could not agree more! The media frenzy has been way over the top, I'm taking nothing from his musical genius, and like you I really do feel for his loved ones. But for heavens sake lets move on shall we, he was a junky and whatever way you want to look at it the drugs got him in the end. As for MJ related suicides, DUMB!
Peace

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
His death shouldn't be dominating the news in the way that it is. I find it a bit annoying.

IRM

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
The one thing that irked me about this guy is that he earned Billions in his lifetime from sales of his music and concert events and did nothing philanthropic with his fortune.

No schools or hospitals built in Africa or the free clinics intercity. He just squander it all away and died in debt to the tune of 400 million.

Considering the fact that the majority of his die hard fans were probably low income people from around the world who probably scrimped and saved their money to buy his music and his concert tickets and all the other crap licensed by him,that there is no enduring structural legacy of his life truly shows how shallow an individual he really was.

He live most of his life isolated from the world on purpose never actually being a part of it.

I shed no tears for narcissistic people.

[edit on 29-6-2009 by calcoastseeker]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by calcoastseeker

Are you kidding?

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I know he was big all over the world, and there are circumstances to his death that feed the media frenzy.

BUT- others have died, had families and may feel a little cheated in the amount of time dedicated to Michael.

I am one of the few here who liked Michael. He had a good soul and was NOT what people portray him as. I know. Obviously a broken man, his only expression seemed to be his art form:Music.

Regardless, i do agree that there is way too much coverage and dont forget, this also serves to hide some real news out there.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockstrongo37

I for one am!!! I can't turn on the TV, or radio without someone talking about him or playing his music. My boyfriend and I went out to eat last night and they were playing Michael Jackson songs the whole time in the pub! Enough already! I understand what he contributed to the music world, I really do get that, but he was not a god. Frankly, I don't feel bad for him, he did it to himself. I don't feel bad for junkies. As far as the people commiting suicide because he's dead, that's just crazy! I can't believe how people can get so obsessed over a celebrity!!

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I don't watch much TV so I don't get affected by this, but ever since he died I knew that he'll be on the news for a long time. If you thought Anna Nicole overed the airwaves for a long time? This is something that will be around for years. I do feel bad that he died and understand the impact, but right now there are things the country needs to focus on that are more important in their lives.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   

So in order to be a good person by your books, he has to be like Oprah and celebrate the fact that they built a school in Africa to show that they care so much! If you actually weren't ignorant of the facts, he contributed more to charity than people know and more than you would ever give. How much have you don't for charity? Probably a dollar to a bum off the street every once in a while right? It's ok, it doesn't make you a bad person if you aren't helping the needy, it's just makes you look like a hypicrite to put yourself up on a high horse and whine about what a celeb does with his/her money and what they contributed to charity when you don't do anything yourself.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Heck, I was sick of MJ stories before he died, and now am completely sick of it. Front page headlines in the paper when all the other crap going on is shuffled to page b-20. Real important stuff has been ignored so we can get our MJ fix.

Whatever. It shows to me how screwed up the MSM is in this country when they have endless articles on this one person and skip the real stories that are affecting our lives as we speak.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Are you serious?! Who says he has to build in Africa? Why cause he was black? If you read about him, he donated a lot of money to children's charities all over the world. Yes it's a little much to have it all over the news but he was a very big pop star for many decades and he died suddenly, so it's going to be all over. If you dont like it change the channel. It's just going to get worse with his will coming out, the custody of his kids, the fact he isnt their biological father and never adopted them legally (the first 2), his debt, canceled concerts and the refunds....the list goes on so dont think it's just going to go away cause it's just beginning. I grew up a MJ fan and it's sad he died but it hasnt affected my life any and it wont. I just change the channel if I dont want to see it.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I am really tired of hearing about him and the rumors and everything else. Hell a few years back people wanted his head, now i hear some folks have committed suicide.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I never once cared that Michael Jackson died! I find it very disturbing that millions of people are mourning a knownd child molesters death. Is his music really that good? The answer is, NO. He likes to sexually touch children and he gets this clean image in death. Nobody in the country gave a dam about him, until he died! Not to mention the media completely hated him. It's truly pathetic how things are these days. Im sure Michael Jackson has his own special place in hell.

The thriller sucked anyways.

new topics

top topics

join