It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What countries/regions still practice there native religion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Im trying to gather a list of what countries/regions still practice there native religion and not those of a group that invading their lands, centuries or millennias ago.

I've got some places in Africa and some small islands in the Pacific does anyone have any others. All info is appreciated thanks in advance.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jatsc

I'm pretty sure, India, don't take it as the gospel, hehe, but their still like 70 percent hinu, and 30 percent muslim.

But as far as I know, hinduism was the first recorded religion, so for them to still be practicing it, I'd say add india.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I think that Africa and some of the islands in Oceania are the only places. Maybe India as well, as Republican said.

Actually, now that I think about it, Africa probably isn't a place to look. The north is dominated by Islam and the south by various forms of Christianity. I think the offical religion of many African countries is Christianity in fact.

Maybe there is no country where a majority of people practice the native religion.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I think lots of countries still have some people native American, etc who still practice THEIR religion. It's probably far from majority but it surely still goes on, I'm Canadian and know for a fact there is a huge percentage of Native Canadians who practice and pass down their religion. I would think maybe Australia also aborigines and probably others I can't come up with just now. Maybe these aren't named religions as we interrupt but they are what their own people believe.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I'm not sure, but maybe the Maori of New Zealand?

Eric

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Let's not forget Shintoism, which is still a major religion in Japan(at least according to wiki).

Fun fact for a second line: Shinto means "way of the gods."

[edit on 30-6-2009 by Core90]

new topics

top topics

join