It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Big Fat... What IF!?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I have heard and read repeatedly, here and elsewhere that aliens and UFO's are the work of demonic forces. I have even had a pastor tell me to leave the subject alone because it was demons and dark forces. As with everything else in life, there has to be a balance, a flip side if you will. Am I right? I think that the Bible is a good place to look. It is an excellent historical document. Ok question:

Why would demons lead Moses and the people as a pillar of cloud by day and a pillar of fire by night? Thats just one reference, but you get my meaning. (Numbers 14:14)

We have been conditioned to fear alien visitors. Look at the movies for instance, UFOs come in and what do we do? We try to bomb them out of the sky, because they are usually portrayed as hostile entities. They want our planet, they want to eat us, they want to make us slaves...here comes the "What if" ....

The Bible tells us that when the Lord returns, he will come in the clouds with power and great glory with His angels and that every eye will see Him...WHAT IF He and the angels are in UFOs, fleets of them, filling the sky? I can see it now...scramble the fighter jets..fire at will...

Psalms 68:17 The chariots of God are twenty thousand, even thousands of angels: the Lord is among them,as in Sinai, in the holy place.

There are many more references there if you will look!

Imagine the sky filled with 20 thousand huge space craft! Can you imagine the reaction of people, our govenments....YIKES!

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greenize
I have heard and read repeatedly, here and elsewhere that aliens and UFO's are the work of demonic forces. I have even had a pastor tell me to leave the subject alone because it was demons and dark forces. As with everything else in life, there has to be a balance, a flip side if you will. Am I right? I think that the Bible is a good place to look. It is an excellent historical document. Ok question:

Why would demons lead Moses and the people as a pillar of cloud by day and a pillar of fire by night? Thats just one reference, but you get my meaning. (Numbers 14:14)

We have been conditioned to fear alien visitors. Look at the movies for instance, UFOs come in and what do we do? We try to bomb them out of the sky, because they are usually portrayed as hostile entities. They want our planet, they want to eat us, they want to make us slaves...here comes the "What if" ....

The Bible tells us that when the Lord returns, he will come in the clouds with power and great glory with His angels and that every eye will see Him...WHAT IF He and the angels are in UFOs, fleets of them, filling the sky? I can see it now...scramble the fighter jets..fire at will...

Psalms 68:17 The chariots of God are twenty thousand, even thousands of angels: the Lord is among them,as in Sinai, in the holy place.

There are many more references there if you will look!

Imagine the sky filled with 20 thousand huge space craft! Can you imagine the reaction of people, our govenments....YIKES!

Or maybe the people who wrote the bible didn't truly understand what a UFO was. Maybe they quickly labeled them as "angels" and "god", only because they didn't understand what they were seeing. Ever thought of it that way?

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Mookie89

Thats my point. Ancient people were describing what they saw in the best way that knew how and attributing it to God. Today, although we like to think that we are advanced...we say they are demons... there is good and bad in everything...I can't see all life in the universe as being evil...can you? I can't see lumping everything into one catergory...

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
lol actually nevermind... aliens arent demons though thats all I'm going to say (not that I know, but I'm pretty sure they arent freaking demons, that so much like the catholic church to call them demons, it makes me sick). Peole really still believe we are alone in the universe and anything we don't understand must be evil? So freaking stupid... some people need to get outta the middle ages with their thoughts and ideas and open their minds.

And I know this thread isnt about this... I'm just giving my input on christians and catholics and what they think aliens are.

[edit on 29-6-2009 by The7thLetter]

[edit on 29-6-2009 by The7thLetter]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
What IF...

I like What IF's

What IF... the reason is that the one we call God with his 'Angels' is really the bad guy?

What IF... so many years ago there was a war between two factions like is described in the Sumerian texts, the Hindu Vedic Scriptures and others... and the wrong side won?

Why must we 'fear God" if he created us and is all loving?

Why are those on missions knocking at my door telling me I must be saved before God comes and wipes out mankind for the second time, when He flooded us out last time it was because He was miffed we didn't obey His every word... sounds pety on the face of it... for one supposedly so loving of his creations..

Why was the 'serpent' in the Garden made out to be evil? Wasn't the serpent trying to give mankind knowledge?

Who is it that wants blind worship and suppression of your free will?

"The Lord is thy Shepherd... thou shall not WANT"

Yet we were given a brain that has the ability to question like "If God is all powerful and Omnipotent, can he mack a rock bigger than he can lift/"

Lucifer is literally 'The Bringer of Light" We hear all; over the web that "Beings of Light' are here to save us from ourselfs... we hear of transcending and ascending to become "Beings of Light" yet the only recorded "Being of Light" was cast out...

Prometheus in Greek legends was someone who gave mankind fire to warm himself and cook his food... yet he received eternal punishment for this 'crime'

What IF... we have been duped all these centuries to follow the wrong guy?

What IF... the painter in this old painting knew the truth according to your OP?

What IF... the Abyss is really a StarGate through which these Heavenly Hoards will return as depicted in 'The Glory'?

Last Judgement, closeup.Giotto, 1305. In Scrovegni chapel.

What IF... The real Garden of Eden lies at the other end of a Star Gate as shown in this painting from 1445

Giovanni di Paolo, 1445,
Creation of the World & Expulsion from Paradise

As I said..

I LOVE WHAT IF

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by The7thLetter that so much like the catholic church to call them demons, it makes me sick).

Really? Funny that you make that claim that "catholic church to call them demons'

If that was true then why do the headlines say this?

Vatican scientist says belief in God and aliens is OK - Reuters News
www.reuters.com...

Vatican says aliens could exist - BBC News Rome
news.bbc.co.uk...

Vatican Official Declares Extraterrestrial Contact Is Real
www.ufodigest.com...

Vatican Ponders Baptism of Extraterrestrials - Catholic News
www.cathnews.com...

Many Saints Believed in Extraterrestrial Life: Vatican Monsignor
www.ufodigest.com...

The Vatican Admits Extraterrestrial Life Exists on Earth
www.scribd.com...

Wish you guys would actually pay attention to what is going on in the world.. you might actually find disclosure

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
They were not allowed to describe them either,that is why they usually look like some farytale creature.

Like the sumarians are depict as bings with wings and beac, only to give an small hint that these beings can fly..

It is pretty much like the Nasa Eagle, I dont think beings in 2000 years from now finds one of those patches saying, Hey, why were they sending birds to the moon..

Strip away the divinity of the bible story and it all becomes more clear.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

ive posted those around too, I love those articles.
There are even one called Walking with Popes, a story about an Vatican father being at the Holloman AFB with Pres. Eisenhover in 1954 where the so called 'exchange of personell' took place, wich btw. some claim is the story behind the movie Close Encounters of the 3rd kind by Speilberg.

i just wanna add one last dumb thing here, Let us say the information in the Tina From SETI letter is true, that 'they' are returning to earth, one could weigh the one against the other, if the Holloman incident was TRUE , so can the RETURN of them be, unless it is the Anu's people riding in on nibiru !

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

That wasn't a demon, nor an angel, that was God himself.

As for the return of the Lord, I don't think that he'll return in a UFO. John, when he had his vision, said that he returns on a white horse. I'm pretty sure that John knew what a horse looked like, so it's not like he described something that he didn't know.

reply to post by zorgon

Why must we 'fear God" if he created us and is all loving?

The fear described is that of reverence, not fright. Just as we revere our parents, who created us and love us, so we should act toward God.

Why are those on missions knocking at my door telling me I must be saved before God comes and wipes out mankind for the second time, when He flooded us out last time it was because He was miffed we didn't obey His every word... sounds pety on the face of it... for one supposedly so loving of his creations..

There are those, like myself, that believe that God flooded the world to get rid of angel-human hybrids. Had these creatures not been removed, the Messiah couldn't have come. Since these creatures were hybrids, that is why their thoughts were "evil continually".

Why was the 'serpent' in the Garden made out to be evil? Wasn't the serpent trying to give mankind knowledge?

Yes, the serpent was trying to give "knowledge". But this was a knowledge that was forbidden because obtaining it made man mortal sinners. The serpents words weren't entirely true either. He said that we wouldn't die. Whereas we didn't die physically, due to Adam's sin, all of mankind is born spiritually dead.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by octotom
Yes, the serpent was trying to give "knowledge". But this was a knowledge that was forbidden

Hmmm sounds like the government and disclosure to me Seems nothing has changed for 2000 plus years...

This is a 'What IF thread... though I suppose it will draw all the 'missionaries' by the nature of the OP

Forgive me if I don't buy your version of the truth

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
What if: In the Bible when there is talk of lightening coming down and destroying crap and killing people that they were actually describing a highly technological beam weapon??

As far as the serpent goes, in one of the lost books, I think it is the book of Adam and Eve, the serpent seduces Eve and she has his son aka Cain. Take it or leave it, but that is what it says.

Theres a what if...what if: all of the ancient writings had been included in the Bible. Some of the books that were deemed unrelative are the most i nteresting and thought provoking ones!!!

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by octotom

I know that it wasn't demons, that was the point too. It is said by many that aliens are demonic and yet if you read the Bible, there are many references to what could be ufos, and yet they are attributed to God...

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Interesting!! Can you recommend some reading material? Also, I love the paintings!!!

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Exactly!

The Forbidden tree of knowledge tale is such an insult to “intelligence” itself.
How can an omniscient, omnipotent god wants the creation that he created in his image to be ignorant???

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exv8densez

Exactly!

The Forbidden tree of knowledge tale is such an insult to “intelligence” itself.
How can an omniscient, omnipotent god wants the creation that he created in his image to be ignorant???

Easy, because religion is ignorant.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Mtheory

Hence the saying that religion will get ya sent to hell quicker than sin!

I think that it is goofy to think that we are the most advanced civilization in the universe, I mean seriously we are but infants!

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
My simple take on this.

I once attended a High School Football game.

Before the game, both teams huddled, knelt and prayed. (I assume for victory.)

Apparently, GOD didn't root for the losing team.

For me, that explains religion.

Regards...KK

[edit on 29-6-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
Apparently, GOD didn't root for the losing team.
For me, that explains religion.

During World War Too...

US Slogan
In God We Trust

British Slogan
God Save the Queen

German Slogan
Gott Mit Uns (God With Us)

God...

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greenize
Interesting!! Can you recommend some reading material? Also, I love the paintings!!!

Sumerian Enuma Elish
www.sacred-texts.com...

Babylonian Epic of Gilgamesh
www.ancienttexts.org...

The Real Noah
HE STORY OF UTA-NAPISHTIM AND OF THE DELUGE THAT DESTROYED ALL THAT WAS ON THE EARTH
www.sacred-texts.com...

War of the Gods, Vimanas (Ufo like flying machines) and Nuclear like destruction
Hindu Vedic Scriptures
Mahabarata, and the Ramayana
Full Text
www.sacred-texts.com...

YA’JOOJ MA’JOOJ (Gog and Megog)
Islamic
noorslist.com...

The Gate that holds Gog and Magog
www.thelivingmoon.com...

That should keep you busy or a while

[edit on 30-6-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
Before the game, both teams huddled, knelt and prayed. (I assume for victory.)

You would assume incorrectly. Good grief!

Obviously you have not played sports because they are NOT praying to win the game, they are praying that nobody gets injured and looking for that inner strength.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join