It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Archdiocese to Probe Claim of Miracle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Archdiocese to Probe Claim of Miracle

A panel appointed by the Archdiocese of Baltimore is about to take on a rare investigation -- whether prayers to a 19th-century priest miraculously cured an Annapolis, Md., woman of terminal cancer, The Baltimore Sun reported.

The case is just the fifth such investigation in the archdiocese's 200-year history. If the priest, Francis X. Seelos, is found to be behind the woman's cure, it could move him closer to being declared a Roman Catholic saint. The pope will have the final say.

Source

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
hmmm i live in MD and i havent heard about it. of course im skeptical about this claim of a miracle as i am about all miracle claims. dont you need three confirmed miracle to be considered a saint? and this is only the 5th is the past 200 years? i dont think hes going to make it to sainthood.

im not sure why they can claim someone's cancer disappearing as a miracle when people with cancer pray often die BEFORE they were supposed to by doctors. Its all just hit and miss and the misses are ignored.

OP what is your opinion?

[edit on 29-6-2009 by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest

I do believe in miracles, how ever I don't think this is one. Now walking on water or turning water to wine or rising from the dead, those are miracles. Just for reference I'm not a very religious person.

join