It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks Like 15.3 million (Dec. 08 number) Gold was Stolen from Royal Canadian Mint - Report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Wow, 17,500 troy ounces somehow walked out of the Canadian Mint from what the audit/report says! Missing Gold not accounting or bookkeeping error from review by a third party.

How in the world could someone or group take out 17,500 ounces without being caught? I would think there is very good security with the technology to match for securing the gold!

Something is wrong with this, what did the government do with the gold? Because could people REALLY be able to walk out with that much gold without being seen?

link to article: www.ottawacitizen.com...

There may have been a massive gold heist at the Royal Canadian Mint, an external audit has found.

The findings of the long-awaited audit, released Monday, conclude that $15.3 million in missing gold is not the result of accounting or bookkeeping errors, raising the distinct possibility it might have been stolen.

The Royal Canadian Mint says the precious metals seem to have vanished from its inventory in the 2008 fiscal year, according to the third-party review conducted by Deloitte and Touche.

About 17,500 troy ounces of gold, which represents 0.32 per cent of the mint's stock, were unaccounted for, the report said. "A higher amount of gold should be on hand than the physical amount of gold counted."

The $15.3-million figure is based on gold prices on Dec. 31, 2008, the mint's fiscal year-end date. At Monday's prices, the precious metals would be worth about $16.3 million.

Something is going on somewhere, besides when this news came out, many people wanted to get their gold out, but were ridiculed for wanting to do that by the Canadian government and inside gold sources. I read many reports about the missing Canadian gold, including some gold managers saying people were being "hysterical" for wanting to take physical possession of their gold the Canadian Mint was securing for them.

Now with this report, will people again try to get their gold out? If so, will they be able to?

"All individual customer holdings and metal deposits entrusted with the Royal Canadian Mint are secure and have been fully accounted for," the corporation said in its release.

I also read how people's receipt of gold purchases did not match the serial numbers of the gold they received in physical from the mint, after this problem became public.

The next question is.... do they have the amount of gold on hand, they have sold, or have they oversold?

A follow up.... what would happen if Fort Knox was actually ever audited? With that the BIGGEST QUESTION IS - Is there even ANY Gold in Fort Knox?

[edit on 29-6-2009 by questioningall]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Well, someone thier knows something thats for sure! Thats alot of gold to walk out with! IF it wa the same day...maybe a guard their took an oz here, an oz thier overtime? yuo know pocketed it? A few places and people come to mind..the FED (i doubt) was involved.. wallstreet or corporate banks? GE? maybe CIA needed money to fund afghanistan and Israel?
If it was same day, only 2 things could have happened...like in the movie die hard 3, they go into a federalr eserve with gold in it, and use small bulldozers to load up those contruction trucks, cover with trap and drive out and merge into traffic, blendnig in...or it was all on paper...meaing the gold was trasnfered or made into a dolalr value on paper, kinda like a credit card...thiers no money, but its their as a number you know? If that were the case, would have been MUCH easier to launder it via a laptop or computer then, without leaving much evidnce thats traceable at all left behind.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Already a thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

It seems that a lot of gold has went missing in the last 10 years or so....
Anyone no the figures ?

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
all the gold and plunder ye could ever imagine is in the magical pirate paradise of samalia!! with skull and cross bone islands and waterfalls with tresure yarr

but honestly, i think this is one of the biggest issues we are facing. someone is hording all the gold for a purpose.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Be glad that it is just 15 million.

I wonder how a Fort Knox audit will turn out, compared to that this must be peanuts.

There is a Chinese proverb; You can't carry gold to heaven.

I was stunned today that Madoffs wife could keep a few million.

Thj corruption in this system is getting more over the top everyday.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
After seeing this i now know the worst is coming to Canada as well.

Their going to dump our economy as well, like they did to the us, except they just printed alot of money, were all on gold standard still, less gold, less currency.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Grayelf2009

That was about the missing gold, when it first came out, this thread is linked to the report that just came out in findings of the missing gold.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Magic
Be glad that it is just 15 million.

I wonder how a Fort Knox audit will turn out, compared to that this must be peanuts.

With 147.3 million ounces of Gold at the United States Bullion Depository near Fort Knox, valued at $134 Billion dollars, the margin of error is much greater. If less than 1% were unaccounted for, it probably wouldn't even set of an Auditor's Red-Flags and be written off as "Clerical Error". It's not like it would be the first time 1.34 Billion dollars went unaccounted for in a government project and written off.

0.34% of the holdings missing at the US Bullion Depository would be a half-million ounces as compared to 17,500 ounces missing in the Royal Canadian Mint, or a half-billion dollars compared to 15.3 million.

If their last audit at the RCM hadn't been done for over 10 years, chances are then that it could have been due to "Clerical Error" at any point in between and not really missing. Otherwise, most likely it was an inside-job of embezzlement by a government employee. It's easy to reroute and misship deposits to keep them from making it to the RCM Depository Vaults, but another thing to cover up the Accounting for them. The checks and balances in Accounting doesn't allow you to make things disappear, although you can try to hide it in a haystack.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Is it possible that gold is being taken from us by some group? I mean, all the missing gold from the Twin Towers, and now this... If you believe the Nibiru stuff, gold is what will "fix" their atmosphere...

I am unsure what to make of the Nibiru stuff, what with purported translations of the Sumerian Tablets giving this information (that Nibiru needs gold...).

I have to wonder if there's anything they're guarding in Fort Knox...

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

True, that is what is suppose to be there, BUT what would happen if auditors walked in and the building was EMPTY?? That is something to think about! It is actually a good possiblity that it is also the case too.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

I think we came across the Fort Knox thing before,it is audited every year,but only on a sampling basis.
It would be interesting to know just when,or approx when, the Canadian Gelt went missing,like say June,July 2008 or years before.

[edit on 29-6-2009 by smurfy]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I should add that the mint handles other metals,gold, silver, platinum and palladium for making coins, and earlier reports,(as opposed to the link page) included those other metals as being missing as well.
All the mint metals are used for making coins,still a large amount of gold to go missing though.It seems that individuals Gold is kept in Ottowa, and would be unaffected...so far.

[edit on 29-6-2009 by smurfy]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I really hate when my gold grows legs.Lol every time that happens I cut the legs off and would look for someone who can actually keep up with it.
I have to say though something smells fishy in Canada and it ain't in the
river. While I'm here would also like to say Canada brought us Jewel Staite
Dave Foley The Trailer Park Boys and many other entertaining people. So get your gold back and put the hurt on these thieves.

top topics

join