It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Court won't hear Sept. 11 claims vs. Saudi Arabia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Court won't hear Sept. 11 claims vs. Saudi Arabia

hosted.a p.org

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Supreme Court has refused to allow victims of the Sept. 11 attacks to pursue lawsuits against Saudi Arabia and four of its princes over charitable donations that were allegedly funneled to al-Qaida.

The court, in an order Monday, is leaving in place the ruling of a federal appeals court that the country and the princes are protected by sovereign immunity, which generally means that foreign countries can't be sued in American courts.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Real nice Obama administration. Ha this whole change thing is such a joke. As always the Saudies recieve our governments protections. The foreign policy of this administration has shown no change.

It is not like the UAE cannot afford to pay out in a lawsuit. They are filthy rich off of the American people.

With absolute proof to the ties between the Saudies and the terrorist fundings, makes me ask one more obvious question, what does the government not want to come out in court?

Makes me think that implicatining the Saudies might implicate the US government.

hosted.a p.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Man, this is bull....TOTAL bull... money laundering took place, allegedly, and the jsutice system itself is saying no to investigating this. Lady libertys scales have fallen off the wire that holds the weighing plates; (
This is becuae Saudi arabia is powerful..oil money, wealth jewels all that. strong politics, because of the oil. I wonder if obama himself got any bribe money? makes ya wonder where he got his funds to pay for his elections..that was a big question months ago.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Most of Obama's contributions came from huge corporations.

Ironically enough, the largest contributor was the University of California.

Source

These people basically bought him out. I'm sure you can bet his fiscal policies will revolve around big business. They're what made him.

The country of Saudi Arabia is no different. They contribute in their own way by not getting in our way.

It's apparent the only change that's coming to us is what's left in our pockets after everything else is sold off.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Obama promised change, and didn't deliver.

WHO CARES!!!!!

The people wanted change and didn't deliver either.
They still voted within the corrupt 2-party system
They still allowed the media to think for them
They still voted for the most popular
They still allowed the msm to dictate who front-runners are.

Obama didn't fail, the people did.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeaderOfProgress

Real nice Obama administration. Ha this whole change thing is such a joke.

It took you until after the election to figure that out?

The Obamanaut has no more clue than Bush did.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
If Bush hadn't been so corrupt and trashed our constitution, Obama never would have gotten in. Most people were sick of the lies so they voted against the Republicans not for the Democrats. Omaba is just finishing up what Bush started, they're both playing on the same team, both parties suck equally and until everyone is able to admit that nothing is going to change.

Star and flag

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I bet if I sent $20 out of my bank account to Al Qaeda, I'd be arrested and given a "prolonged detention" and be subjected to "enhanced interrogation" at a "detainee camp".

But the wealthy and powerful can funnel millions of dollars and weapons to Al Qaeda and other terrorist organizations, and not a thing is done about it.

It doesn't matter who contributes the most to an organization that kills innocent people. All that matters is who can buy themselves immunity from the charges that follow.

[edit on 6/29/09 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sundancer
If Bush hadn't been so corrupt and trashed our constitution, Obama never would have gotten in. Most people were sick of the lies so they voted against the Republicans not for the Democrats. Omaba is just finishing up what Bush started, they're both playing on the same team, both parties suck equally and until everyone is able to admit that nothing is going to change.

Star and flag

As I see it, that's part of the reason it was important that he in fact became the next POTUS. There were a couple perks for me on a personal level but hopefully a good lesson will come of all this by exposing the bigger picture.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Big star and flag for this thread!

It's something that too many people ignore and overlook: the role of the Saudis, not just in the 9/11 horrors, but in U.S. policy, as well as international terrorism and extremism. After oil, their number one export of Wahhabi Islamic extremism. And every damned president since Nixon has had their tongue in Saudi rump.

I'm not surprised at all that Obummer is still towing the old line like all his predecessors have done.

Yeah. Digging dirt on the Saudis will bring up things about our own government that they don't want to see the light of day.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

No, I knew it was a facade when they first anounced him as the canidate. There was no way anyone else was getting into office. I just hope this serves as a wake up call to those who "believe".

top topics

join