It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

70 years old and deploying to Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   

70 years old and deploying to Iraq

www.kltv.com

A 70-year-old veteran from North Carolina is leaving for his fifth tour of duty overseas. Turns out doctors are in short supply in Iraq, so when the Army Reserve called on Colonel Hector Henry, he started packing his gear.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I am against the war but I have the outmost respect and admiration for this man for going to Iraq and help the soldiers stuck there.
God bless him and I wish he does a lot of good and comes back safe!
A lot of brave men and women (including friends of mine) are in this living hell of Iraq, they deserve every bit of news coverage possible.

www.kltv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   

God bless him and I wish he does a lot of good and comes back safe!

Ditto!

I hope his service does not go un-rewarded - though I'm sure the last thing this guy is thinking about is a reward - whereas the first is his patriotic duty.

Ditto again!

peace

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

WOW... No wonder people from his generation our referred to as the Greatest Generation..... Can you imagine asking anyone from 40 or younger to voluntary go somewhere they don’t want to be or don’t support?

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
This is the kind of man our fathers were, and we should be ashamed of ourselves for not living up to the standards they set for us!
This man is a hero in my eyes.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

A hero for what?

Going to a land that's illegally occupied?

No hero here.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
the medical schools in bagdad and the hospitals where one of a kind , and the teachings there where regarded as being one of the best in the world.

iraq is even one of the few countries that eliminated polio withinn seven or eigth years. (during saddams regime)(still, non the less eliminated),

i bet he will weep in wonder at the atrocity thats been done there

anyways,

grate to see that people still care and put an effort towards a better place for people there no matter what their age.

o7

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by bobbylove321

Yes, hero.

It almost bothers me to read about people disrespecting the military. Almost, because I know that the military will always be there to defend the US and if the US was to be attacked these people would be standing right behind the military. What we are seeing today is a generation that has never needed the military so they don't respect them. It's almost better this way, I would rather people trash talk the military than deal with the harsh realization of life outside of our bubble of security.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by zerbot565

In all honesty he is not likely going to see any atrocity in Iraq. If he did then he is a Colonel so he should correct any wrong doing that he finds. The video's on youtube are very few and far in between, but I could see how that could be seen as the norm is that's what you focus on. If you focus on the wrong doings of any nation then it would be easy to classify them as "evil".

In reality for a doctors roll at his age he will never have to go outside of the base gates. This does not mean that he is not going to be helpful, he is most likely going to see some of the worst wounds people could have. It's not a job I would like to have.

This man has my respect, even if they decide that they do not need to send him over in the future.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
At age seventy, this guy is at least ten years too young to a part of the "Greatest Generation."

Nonetheless, he is a man who understands the call of duty and has the character to answer that call.

He deserves America's respect.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
My brother-in-law, a dentist and college dean, is 63 and is heading to Iraq for his second tour. While there he will once again,not only look after American soldiers, but will spend a great deal of time and energy providing dental care to Iraqi civilians. He volunteered, at the age of 60, to serve in the US Army Reserves. Another of many, many heros.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Styki

i guess its safe to say that

about 4million refuges on the run from iraq
and about 3million kids with out partens
not to mention the civilian casulties
can be called an atrocity
or atrocities if you count each one as a single atrocity,

but whos picky these days ,..

im just happy he actuly stands by his medical/doctor oath ,

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by zerbot565

Those numbers would have been a lot higher had we left after Saddam lost control. The civilian population has the ability to change their minds whenever they chose. The military is still on the job and has the task of fixing the situation, to the best of their abilities. That is the difference between civilian an military life.

new topics

top topics

join