It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want to sell your house? Prepare to spend lots of money!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

It will have to be certified first before any deal can go through by the Federal Government. Sure takes the Free out of Free market doesn't it!

Presently it is the city or the county or both that mandate housing construction standards. Every one is different and that is how it should be because every location is different. Here in Anchorage we have much higher standards for insulation and sealing requirements than they do in Oregon, for instance where I own several rental houses.

Do we need high insulation standards for gulf coast houses? Of course not! There they need high structural standards to withstand hurricanes! The Feds will just come in and muck things up like they usually do. They're brain dead. They will do to housing what they are doing to GM!

Here's the situation. The "Cap n Trade" Bill got passed because it was a pork bill. The Democrats didn't care what was in it, they didn't care that all the constituents were against it. They just wanted their PORK. And that's what they got. That's what we will find out as more and more people finally get copies of the bill and actually READ IT.

A great nation, a great president that promises change, a Congress that MEANS well, we are sooooo lucky!

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by plumranch

I do hope that last sentence was sarcasm!!! These elitists want to micro manage every single item in our lives to generate jobs for their family and friends in the government and make us pay for the privilege!

Zindo

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

I do hope that last sentence was sarcasm!!!

This president and Congress ignores its constituents, is intent on socializing health care although few people want it, wants government involvement in banking and industry when most people think they shouldn't be involved and on and on. I guess the idea is that we are supposed to blame everything on Bush and the bad, bad corporate executives and be glad to go along with whatever these clowns give us. Well, I for one will do all I can to put them out of power as soon as possible.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by plumranch

Don't be sugar coating your opinion now. I would hate to change my opinion about you!!!

Zindo

top topics

<< 1   >>

join