It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain has 85 sharia courts: The astonishing spread of the Islamic justice behind closed doors

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
reply to post by colloredbrothers

Yes because muslims only exist in belgium apparently...and keep your insults to yourself,your coming off far worse than the majority of muslims i know i can tell you that.

The only muslims that are reasonable are "modarate muslims" and these people don't even follow the Quran so how can you even define them as muslims if they only call them selves that way because there parents need them to be muslim.

I'm not worse then the majority of muslims, I'm very friendly actualy but the problem is that friendlyness aint gonna get you far with these people.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Well,the same could be applied to christians also...if every christian followed the bible line by line they would be an extremist in most peoples eyes.And the christians that do ARE labelled as extremists..but you are aright most of the muslims i know are more liberal in the sense they do not follow every line in the Quran.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
Everyone knew this was happening in the UK. Most have just decided to turn a blind eye. Oh we do not want to discriminate against muslims, lets have a muti cultural PC Brigade society, and bring this law through the backdoor.

Sadly this is what has happenned. Thanks to this Labour GOV. By the time we get rid of them it will be too late to do anything about it

there... let me show you how it sounds to someone with an IQ

lets get rid of the damn Muslims before its to late!!! ...

THEM would imply the people being talking about in this thread...

who is THEM? the Muslims or just anyone you have been brainwashed to hate?

And the bbc only STREAMS sessions of PARLIAMENT..with your lack of understanding or willingness to READ. what is the point?

link   
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

I have read my history, thank you very much. I am aware of Osama's past, but the CIA did not create him or the extremist hateful Wahabbism that he practices and desires to spread. The CIA made use of him and his ideology to help nail the Russians in Afghanistan. He was an asset.

My question, however was not regarding terrorism. It was what happens when Islamic law and secular law come into conflict (which we all know will happen). What then? There are many things in Islamic jurisprudence that are at direct odds with western ideals of secular western justice. Which court will the Muslims hold as a higher authority? The religious one or the secular one?

Comparing Jewish and Christian "courts" are like comparing apples to oranges. Judaism isn't a proselytizing religion, for starts, and both religions tend to keep most aspects of faith seperate from secular society (in Britian, from my experience).

But Islam is a religion that controls just about every aspect of life, and has rules for just about everything. My point is, is what will happen when Sharia and Secular law do not agree?

No one is denying them the right to practice their religion or believe whatever they want, nor is anyone denying them they right to have religious authorities play a bigger role in their family lives. That's their choice. But when you elevate religious practices to having distinct legal authority in people's lives, that's when the trouble starts.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by satire111

no but i think to accommodate someones faith is not a bad thing.. do you?

and the rules are set for them to follow, and that has been stated in this thread many times..

We have laws that OVER RIDE any Muslim or black or white or whatever..

its called living in peace in the land you are in... and planet ONE DAY.. i hope

going by this thread i would give 80% probability of Armageddon.

sad.. very very sad.

and you really what the problem is? people.. being unwilling to understand basic laws..

racist like i said... comes with stupidity

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Osama does not practice wahhabism nor does he endorse it if you had actually read about him and his history you would know this,his families fortune are based saudi but he does not practice wahhabism...but its good you brought that up.As while we shun Iran and their "draconian" ways,we are forgetting that wahhabism in Saudi arabia is 1000x more draconian than Iran could ever wish to be...course the saudis have quite alot of money so i guess the goalposts change when it comes to that.

[edit on 29-6-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I have read my history, thank you very much. I am aware of Osama's past, but the CIA did not create him or the extremist

so you are telling me the CIA did not make him to fight the Russians in Afghanistan ? and there by creating the muja hadeem? oh boy...

The only reason the stupid idiots follow him is because the US government created a marta when they said he blew up the twin towers "he didn't"

he was the face for you to hate.. and now Muslims across out little planet are faced with idiots who put them in the same box as the fanatical idiots like the people who BURNED PEOPLE FOR HERESY

and that had nothing to do with being muslim but had everything to do with religion correct?

so now im debating why muslim laws "that dont exist" because your county has the church of england ... is being what?

taken over by a bunch of radical idiots who want to see the fall of the west?

wow thats amazing...

stupid./..but amazing

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Nothing will happen... this is the UK.. its not some backward nation..tho sometimes i do wonder..

The fact is the church of England agreed and so did many other faith based people..

we WILL NOT ever have full blown sharia law in the UK and its stupid to think other wise

or just ask the other 50 odd million people who live here

not a chance.. and if they want to chop of heads or stone someone im sure by now.. being a total hypercrit they have been stoned or had a hand removed and live here

this is my point.. many muslims DO NOT WANT SHARIA LAW HERE. its false...

they are happy being here and able to pray and what ever.. long as it follows our laws i couldnt give a rats.. what they do.

free with in law...

you should know that you use money

your a slave and you didnt make that law did you?

life is full of total nonsenical areguments based on what?

the fact you have no clue who put you on this planet

that my friend IS the reason for allllllll the crap here

worrying about sillyness like laws is what makes me laugh..

I think you should be worrying about being on the planet and staying in the universe dont you?

.... dont worry its coming soon tho

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Osama does not practice wahhabism nor does he endorse it if you have read about him,his family and their fortune are from saudi but he does not practice wahhabism...but its good you brought that up.As while we shun Iran and their "draconian" ways,we are forgetting that wahhabism in Saudi arabia is 1000x more draconian than Iran could ever wish to be...course the saudis have quite alot of money so i guess the goalposts change when it comes to that.

There is much debate over whether or not Bin laden practices Wahabbism. There are two schools of thought on this. Given his ties, his family, and many of his known statements and beliefs, his beliefs seem to be Wahabbism mixed with a touch of Sufism, a very strange and bizarre combo indeed.

I do not know why you are bringing up Saudi Arabia in this discussion and going on about Iran. Not only is it off topic, but really, has nothing to do with Sharia courts in Britain. And if you knew anything about me, you would also know I despise saudi Arabia, having spent time there, far more than Iran. But the Saudis are not the topic of discussion here, Sharia courts in Britian are.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

There are no ifs or buts about it,he does not practice nor endorse wahhabism,which as i edited in my above post,if you had actually studied Osama you would know this.Which makes me think your talking nonsense....dance around the subject all you want,doesn't change the cold hard facts.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Again off topic. If you want to debate Bin laden, set up another thread and I will gladly do so.

The debate here is not the church. You keep bringing up things Christians have done HUNDREDS of years ago, back when this country HAD religious courts running it. See what allowing religion into the secular lives of people brought back then? And you are defending it now?

Islam is just as guilty of horrific crimes against people as well. they murdered and enslaved millions for their faith, invaded countries and destroyed native cultures, and tortured people for different beliefs, killed those who converted away. basically, they did the same things the Church once did. In many countries, they are still doing the same thing.

So, I say again, why should any religious legal authority be allowed in a country that is heavily secularized and has benefited from doing so? It's a step backwards, bigtime.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Well,the same could be applied to christians also...if every christian followed the bible line by line they would be an extremist in most peoples eyes.And the christians that do ARE labelled as extremists..but you are aright most of the muslims i know are more liberal in the sense they do not follow every line in the Quran.

Indeed but christians don't get brainwashed when they are children, not to the extent that muslims do. And how can you be a muslim that believes God created the Quran when you yourself don't follow the word of God?

If I knew 100% that God made a book with everything I needed I would follow it blindly yet many moderate muslims don't so how can they be called muslims? they can't so the only "version" of muslims is the funamentalist and the extremist there is no moderate muslims in here.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Because like alot of christians they believe man has corrupted the bible...and they assume all the good things are what god had told his disciples to write and all the bad things in their eyes are written by man trying to control...that sort of thinking transcends any one monotheistic religion...quite silly really.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Again off topic. If you want to debate Bin laden, set up another thread and I will gladly do so

No i am putting it in to context for people who think everyone who is muslim is some how going to run out and strap a bomb to them and take over the uk using laws.

its idiotic...

Let me point out some things i stated be for

The law is English... The only clash is people who are stupid and people who understand the LAW.....

And most people still think Iraq had something to do with 9/11 .. Blame dickky and his oil friends

one oh whome was best mades with osama bin laden.. Yep good old GWB.

The lack of understanding of this hate is mind blowing ...

Look at your own past?

did any muslim nation drop a nake? did any muslim nation go gasing people?

you will find that to be the anglo saxons and company/..

Most muslims are law abidedn people who just want to live in peace

fear sells...

why?

makes a good story and ends up in threads like this....

look at how many posts have been made on this subject.. half have never even watched priminsters question time half have not watched select commity hearings

and half dont even know what the European parliament does

you can tell by the answers...

let alone the lack of reading about our own history.. then whine about laws

Commonwealth?

the British government MADE Israel

then we left.. funny? i don't think so...

and its not off topic.. is preconceptions of silly statements about the law of the land i live in and have done for 27 years

and just so you are aware I love politics.

so ill be more than happy to debate you on this issue.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Obviously your IQ must be low eh, if you cant even work out "them" Being the Labour party. So you assumed I meant Muslims, sorry to burst your bubble you are completely wrong. I will have that apology now!!

The BBC are the most biased organisation, in the uk. They are even worse than the MP's nowadays.

[edit on 29-6-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
This happens here in America too! At least I know for a fact it happens in some Asian communties here where I live. I don't know if it is supported by the US Gov, doubt it. But it does indeed happen. It's funny because me and my wife were just talking about this type of thing yesterday how some Hmong people by our area have their own court.

I don't know for a fact if the muslim communities here do it but I would assume since some Asians do it here and the Muslims are doing it in britain, they probably do it here too.

I'm running out the door now so I dont have the time to read all the pages so sorry if this has been said before.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

I agree with laura here,if anyone can remember the run up to the war on Iraq...the BBC was the biggest mouthpiece for the government and was banging the war drums before anyone else.Course its always reassuring to know tax payers money is going towards a good cause like government propaganda

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

men and go but earth abides.

religeous nutters come and go but humanity prevails....

a small minority makes the headlines 0.001%

just like celebrities do...

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

really??

Oh im sorry i thought you meant THEM as in muslims becouse the word you used first was this labour goverment...

I dont see the logic in your statement if you are to you past tense with pre tense im sure you can understand my confusion in your statement.. so let me clairfy it

Everyone knew this was happening in the UK. Most have just decided to turn a blind eye. Oh we do not want to discriminate against muslims, lets have a muti cultural PC Brigade society, and bring this law through the backdoor. Sadly this is what has happenned. Thanks to this Labour GOV. By the time we get rid of them it will be too late to do anything about it

Eevyone know what? turned a blind eye to what?

Oh we do not want to discriminate against muslims, lets have a muti cultural PC Brigade society

and by that what do you mean? sarcasm or just say the nword or sand Nword?

hm

Then you say this..

and bring this law through the backdoor.

what back door? LOL

do you know we have a statute book? and any law that is passed has to go the house of lords for a reivew as a white paper then is sent back the house of commons as a green paper that is then debated befor it is made law ??

are you joking? i hope so...

and then the best part...

Thanks to this Labour GOV. By the time we get rid of them it will be too late to do anything about it

Thanks to this labour goverment the muslims are going to take over

you watch fox news much?

They are good at being suttle.. sadley they only prey on fear and sheep.

and no i wont say sorry

sorry for what?

you being somewhat uneducated in the legal system of the untied kingdom?

not a chance...

and the bbc only "streams" proceedings

have you ever watched on? im guessing you aint...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join