It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain has 85 sharia courts: The astonishing spread of the Islamic justice behind closed doors

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   

The topic of the thread is.. Britan has 85 sharia courts : The asontishing spread of the islmaic justice behind closed doors...

Sorry mate.. i pointed out about 100 times

NOT one law has ever been passed in the house of commons that makes ANY sharia LAW LAW

When did I say that this has anything to do with British laws? The important words are "behind closed doors".

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Hi! Just wondering if that is you in the photo? If it is you i gotta say that you look damn hot!

Off topic i know but couldn't send you a comment

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kombatt98
get your lazy briton ### off the computer ,stop whining and start working hard like hindus or muslims .

Does the racism of that statement elude you? Can I ask - are you an ethnic minority yourself?

his statements and xenophobia for muslims are enough evidence for racism .

Islam is a religion, not a race. How unfortunate that your use of the "r" word is almost completely inappropriate here.

there is a saying in India ' the truth makes a man angry ' seems i have made you angry .

It's actually a good saying. Does it apply to all of the Muslims who just love to protest and riot everytime someone draws a cartoon or makes a documentary film?

ANC(Gauteng African National Congress) have stated Xenophobia the same as racism

Who cares? Gordon Brown could follow suit for all I care but it wouldn't necessarily make him correct.

racism

racism

racism

racism

racism

racism

You know... one day, ordinary, good, non-racist people are going to get so sick of being wrongly called the "r" word that it's going to lose all credibility. This could prove fatal for your ideology - one where the overuse of this word currently destroys any meaningful, democratic debate. I wonder how you'll fare when you actually have to develop a meaningful argument.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Mogget

yeah like selling drugs or human traffic of people as slaves...

what i am saying is WE KNOW OF THEM because we OVERSEE THEM

we know their are more than 85 most probably but the fact they can not make the law

the law is made in the house of commons!! not in some back room by some nutjobs...

if it was mainstream to chop of peoples noggins and what not then yeah i wont be on to like it...

but its only about Divorce?

thats the only thing sharia law and our law has in common and why?

because you cant have more than 1 wife
or treat a woman unjust.. if it was found to be the case "oversight" but if one is happy with the outcome of a faith based "code of cunduct" because thats all it is then fine..but its not the law

The means you go too the COURT system we have in place..

call it common law if you will that applyes to YOU AND ME

We are subjects of the royal queen

if ur into that kinda thing, but you get the jist ; )

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

Islam is a religion, not a race. How unfortunate that your use of the "r" word is almost completely inappropriate here.

If you have an offensive attitude to a particular race, then you are a racist.

If you have the same mentality towards women, then you are a misogynist.

If your attitude is hostile towards a particular religion, then you are a bigot.

In the UK, there is a strong correlation between being a Muslim and being a racial minority.

Racists have found a way to hate without being challenged due to the mistaken belief that they have a get out of jail clause. The more abusive they become, the more likelihood there will be strife or new laws passed.

[edit on 013131p://pm3119 by masonwatcher]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
reply to post by masonwatcher

Listen, I agreed with you on the issue of steven lawrence so quit being so ignorant and trying to demonise everything anyone posts on this thread.

If you want to be a sponger of the tax payer that is your perogative not mines. I for one will never go on benefits, Have worked since I left school, and I have no intentions off signin on. There are other jobs that can be done weither it is cleaning someones house or cleaning the streets. Or voluntry work. A job is a job as long as it bring income into your home.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by Laurauk]

Mighty white of you to agree with me on Stephen Lawrence.

There is no such thing as a sponger. If the bankers can bilk trillions out of the tax payer while living it large, how can I begrudge those that take advantage of the benefits system. Personally, I try to avoid being unemployed, I like the nice things in life.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

I have had enough of your rude comments now I am having someone deal with it, if you cannot have a civil debate without using racist or rude or vulgar comments. The I am done discussing anything with you.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonwatcher
If your attitude is hostile towards a particular religion, then you are a bigot.

Whatever the reason?

See, I don't like your totalitarian ideal. I don't welcome a world where I'm not allowed to criticise an alien belief system - one that clashes fundamentally with the things I value in life. Where does your gagging stop? Were a Fourth Reich to emerge (arguable already has), who sought to implant a wholly new set of politics and ideals in my country which I deemed to be horrific, would I be bigotted for criticising this?

If disliking a religion makes one a bigot, not only am I one, but so too is every atheist, every Muslim who hates the Jews, every Jew who hates the Muslims, every Muslim who hates the Hindus, every Hindu who hates the Muslims... and so on.

Seems to me, our logic ended your use of the "r" word, so you've jumped to plan be: the "b" word. One day you'll run out.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

If disliking a religion makes one a bigot, not only am I one, but so too is every atheist, every Muslim who hates the Jews, every Jew who hates the Muslims, every Muslim who hates the Hindus, every Hindu who hates the Muslims... and so on.

Here is an example of your disingenuity. I said no such thing and clarified that when an individual has a particular hostility to one religion they are bigots and you are a bigot.

You can argue with it so you decide to rail road and misrepresent. Atheism does not orient itself around hostility nor does it focus on one religion.

Atheists are practising humanists with ethics nor are they some lame arsed ignoramuses too undulant to have respect for anything. As for you dictating what every Jew, Muslim or Hindu hates, that is just madness. You need to have a rest.

While there is such a thing as strength of feeling; without strength of argument, you points are irrelevant.

[edit on 053131p://pm3128 by masonwatcher]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I said no such thing and clarified that when an individual has a particular hostility to one religion they are bigots and you are a bigot.

One religion huh? I dislike Christianity, Judaism and Islam. Am I still a bigot? It's really important that I get defined correctly by you, as you seem to be an expert in dishing labels out
. Please tell me - How many or few religions do you need to be critical of to achieve the status of 'bigot'? What's the correct number?

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cythraul

I said no such thing and clarified that when an individual has a particular hostility to one religion they are bigots and you are a bigot.

One religion huh? I dislike Christianity, Judaism and Islam. Am I still a bigot? It's really important that I get defined correctly by you, as you seem to be an expert in dishing labels out
. Please tell me - How many or few religions do you need to be critical of to achieve the status of 'bigot'? What's the correct number?

Based on your previous comments, the vitriol you display indicates to me that you have the tendencies of a bigot. Rather than trying to diffuse the strong comments you have been making by suggesting that you are an equal opportunities hater, why don't you research Islam. There are excellent academic material by Oxford University Press. The academics who write this material are not Muslims and take an impartial anthropological and historic approach.

If you still hate Muslims after this, you will be armed to the teeth every time you make your points.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by AryanWatch

The young generation is all set to take on the reins from their parents and are in no way more liberal or open minded than one can expect from the original onesfrom arabia
So young people who perceive themselves under threat (because they are surrounded by 96% of people who do not share their religion, many of whom take a highly intolerant stance) use forthright &/or aggressive rhetoric. Should that surprise us?
Many on this thread view these 4% as a threat. Literally 1 in 25 are apparently so scary that we've had calls for shari'ah to be singled out to be banned from arbitration, immams to be sent home, even tho home is here for many & all kinds of thinly veiled or open xenophobia & racism. Exactly the same motivation: fear.
Somehow tho, when the yelling stops, wiser heads get together & sort out a solution. Simply because, left to their own devices, people prefere to live in peace.
So lets not allow the scaremongering to derail us from our peaceful devices, eh?
Stop yelling @ "them" & they'll stop yelling @ "us".

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
The problem here is fear...

How many people are on this planet? 6-7 billion..

can you tell me out of all the billions on this planet with your hand on your heart and tell me who knows the reason why?

NO you can not

This my friends is the very reason for every argument ever since the birth of this universe / reality.

god

is what? aliens? supreme being? a function?

why is it we argue over the same thing?

so petty so meaning less

but yet i watch as the tree blows in the wind and see beauty when all i see in humans is total confusion

i pitty mankind

i really do

ignores the very gift he was given and even questions it

do you know your gift? its to be here....

and here we sit arguing over what? differnce of opinion that is as old mankind himself.

how very very sad and so narrow minded.

read my words

one day on this earth you will answer the question being asked of you

look inside your self speak the truth and let go of the past and the question you ask

for it will be your own destruction

[edit on 7-7-2009 by symmetricAvenger]

www.abovetopsecret.com...

i think we all cry sometimes

SR

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
lol the irony of calling some a bigot for not liking a religion deserves it's own thread.

How the so call ''enlighted'' turn out to be really blind.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Today its 4 years ago when London was hit by a cowardly terrorist attack in its most evil form.If you would have known then that 4 years later 85 Sharia courts exist in that same city degrading women's right's you would have gone mental..For some reason they don't learn a thing in Westminster, it is a disgrace...

[edit on 7-7-2009 by Foppezao]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Foppezao

but to keep free will away from the people who wish it makes you as bad as the people who enforce it.

look at what i siad

in order to live in peace we must listen to each other, and yes faith is not a great thing but some trust in it as you trust in yours because it belongs to you only

but the way we live all must follow some order or chaos shall become of this planet

every place has rules its up to you what one you wish to follow...

im happy i was born here and know the rules of the game not set by me but of men with power.

laws are always made to keep man from over stepping his place..

this is mans law

The law of the universe and who ever created it has other laws

1st law of creation was to be created

2nd law of creation, never know why

3rd law of creation, understand it

4th law of creation, over come doubt

5th law of creation. stay here

6th law of creation, become the creator

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Originally posted by The Last Man on Earth

I like the way that he wants to repress a "fascist" viewpoint with fascist methodology. And the fact that he can't distinguish race from religion.
Race & religion were conflated on this thread some time ago when we heard that a person had less right to their opinion if they were not living in their "ancestral homeland" & since most UK muslims are from a minority ethnic background, its very difficult (& possibly meaningless) to distinguish between xenophobia & racism.
TBF tho, from what Freeborn has said, I believe his argument is sincerely against islam, not its practitioners. That is clearly not true of everyone who has posted here.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunken Drum

but what is true is our question is it not?

you see the very reason for this arugmeant is a question of faith nothing more..

we question the actions of other humans in how others are treated based on faith and law

what is law? what is faith?

we all understand that some things in some faiths do no fit many peoples points of view

womans rights or any other subject.. we can not put one faith in a box

when the box is made from many corners.

if we as a people wish to move on from the past we must listen

the law of the uk tries to do this.. we can not have 12 century laws for the 21st century

yes it may scare the pants off you if you think some minority is trying too take over..

but the only way to change it is to listen

not fight against a voice for that will only end in misconceptions on both sides.

what ever put us here... put us ALL here..

not matter what law man makes

we follow our own laws based on something bigger

you die and you are born

understand that is THE LAW the rest? well... thats man being confused about the question he was asked

its a shame really and very petty

SR

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Your logical outlook fails in the fact you decline to describe what the bigger thing we follow is and what laws it made that are more important than man made laws.

If you say God then where's the proof.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SR

your my proof

lol

let me ask you this smart one.. what made you?

do you argue that you was not born? will you argue that you will die?

are they not laws that are above man? but yet man makes his own in order to try to understand his own being?

i find that crazy for a start

you all pray to the same thing

your very understanding of being created in the first place

stupid

does a tree ask why it is a tree? i think not..

that is the problem

we argue over being created when the fact is we was?

kind of a no brainier don't you think.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join