It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain has 85 sharia courts: The astonishing spread of the Islamic justice behind closed doors

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

i think oversight could be better so i totally agree with you on this.. but they do follow british law

its just a sensitive issue for some but i can honestly say no law has been passed to make sharia law law if you know what i mean.

and thanks

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Foppezao

but that is not our choice is it? and no we do not.

If a male has more than one wife that is considered fraud

its just how it works...

we do not allow someone to have more than one wife.. if its faith based then well go to jail.

its about being paid and money ect.. you cant have more than one wife due to benifit law

if you get married and Do Not claim any money from the state who cares?

but if you marry 2 women and want to claim benifits good luck LOL

like i said understand the law not the fuzzy crap you read in pappers

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

The do you understand my point, that the sharia law favours the male more than the female?
Also do you understand my point, that those females who attend those abritratory meetings I wil change it from courts, might feel they cannot take thier case further incase they are threatened. Alot of what happens behind closed doors I or you or anyone else does not know, I am also referring to closed jewish abritory meetings also, incase you think I am targeting just muslims.
Well put. Star for you
I for one do see your point, but do you see that they'll do it anyway? If we ban shari'ah & other religious arbitration, it will go on in secret without any judicial oversight whatsoever. Currently, any legally binding agreement, like divorce say, has to be signed off on by a UK court, so whilst I agree that a closed session means anything could be going on, the decision itself does get some scrutiny.
If we are serious about helping muslim women gain equality, we need health professionals, social workers, police & even teachers to take a great deal more interest in these women & where evidence of abuse is found to prosecute the abuser regardless of any statement of lack thereof by the victim. Also, these women need to be made aware of their rights & the support that's available to help them in problem situations.
I dunno how old you are, but I can remember wife-beating being not so uncommon in the UK, it was only by a concerted effort to help victims whether they wanted it or not, that times have changed.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunken Drum

well said

sorry for short post just wanted to agree with the comment you made

star from me

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

gotta say i loved that post.. just for the very fact you have a brain

love it S+F for you if i could and im adding you as a friend

well said my fellow friend who at least understands law !!! many on here .. well

hehe

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by symmetricAvenger
I think that most muslims if you ask them and i live next too one would say to you.

you gotta be kidding...

why? because if they loved it so much they would move out and go to live in some backward nation that views faith as law..

sorry mate your just scared

oh and by the way not every muslim is a practicing muslim

get my drift?

What about the Muslims I've met, who have openly admitted (to Hindu colleagues, incidentally) that they wish to see the whole of the UK converted? This isn't irrational, it is not scaremongering - it is real! I'm not saying every Muslim wants to Islamify Britain (though, would they admit it in public if they did?), but it is inevitable that when Muslims become the majority (again, from governmental statistics) that Britain would become an Islamic Republic.

And rather than remain in their 'backward nation', as you put it, Muslims choose to spread across the globe because they are urged to in the name of domination.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
If Sharia courts are indeed operating in Britain, then the people responsible need to be punished severely. If you intend to become a citizen of the United Kingdom, then you abide by our laws. If you don't like it, then GTFO.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Yeah, these arbitration courts are looking to expand their market, but that doesn't change what they were originally made for.

Your bigotry knows no bounds, you display it with every post. Of course you ignore the rest of the post.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

Yeah, these arbitration courts are looking to expand their market, but that doesn't change what they were originally made for.

Your bigotry knows no bounds, you display it with every post. Of course you ignore the rest of the post.

Sorry mate. The only bigot is you. You are the one inciting hatred and I want to expose your kind.

You know what arbitration is yet you twist it into some kind of abuse of the law or a secret conspiracy to take over UK courts.

Shame on you.

[edit on 063131p://pm3120 by masonwatcher]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

I have one answer for this, if it is true. Hell will freeze over before anyone converts me to Islam, and I am speaking from a female point off view, nor will my kids be converted to islam either. I would have to be killed first before I would agree to it.

Unless this country becomes a reppublic, I cannot see this happening.

[edit on 3-7-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Understands, off course know if any of these religious abritaury meetings were banned, they would go underground.

But I really do think, checks should be put in place, or these meetings be monitored. So that both sides rights are upheld and both sides invlovled are given a fear hearing. Either that you are going to see cases comming outof this where, the female rights are being infringed.

If I was to openly question in public, the reasoning behind these religious abritaury meetings or question why they were allowed tobe set up in the first place. I would be hit with a barrage of criticism or would be accused of citing Hatred towards either communty.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

If I was to openly question in public, the reasoning behind these religious abritaury meetings or question why they were allowed tobe set up in the first place. I would be hit with a barrage of criticism or would be accused of citing Hatred towards either communty.

Yes you would be criticized largely because you don't know the meaning of arbitration. The difference between arbitration and a court of law is that in an arbitration, both parties have to agree to attend. It is based on contract law and not legislation.

A court of law only requires one party to lodge a complaint and its decision is binding unless it goes to a higher court. Regardless, miscarriages of justice are not unheard of.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Which gives the male countrpart more rights than the female counter part. That is what Sharia law is based on. Do not tell me no it does not, it does.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   

I believe this is the 2nd time you have refered to "government statistics" which apparently project that muslims will be the majority in the UK. Frankly I find the hypothesis incredible. Could you please supply us with a reference to these statistics?

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

I take your point, but the decisions are checked by a judge to make sure they're within the law. It's cheaper that way. No need for a full on lawyer fest.
I think it probably would be good to have an impartial observer in such courts, but I do wonder who would be qualified that wouldn't cost a fortune & besides, whom would be acceptable to those taking part?
Better to work towards empowering the women themselves I would think.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
A judicial review of any arbitrated divorce should include a consult for both parties separately, to inform them of their rights, and once they have been informed of their rights, to make sure that they still want to continue with the current agreement. Shelter in a safe, secure place should also be provided for anyone who feels that by disagreeing to the agreement of the arbitration, they might be placed in a threatening environment, and their children should also be included.

This would be the best way to insure that these arbitrations are not being used to control people, or deny them of their rights.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   

You have written some good posts, and I hope you are right, but, the original post I was quoting contradicts your claims, and this is from someone who is there, and has been there.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

-They infiltrate our schools and don't talk the language of the country they (invaded) they are very hostile against native's and are self proclaimed enemys of the west (and indeed they are).

-Once a school begins to have a large amount of muslims rules start to change drasticly. ie, litle muslim boys terrorize litle girls for not wearing the robe. You have litle muslim boys calling adult woman prostitutes because where they come from the woman is inferior.

Clearly this paints a very different picture, and that is why I wonder if this whole thing isn't being set up to undermine European society.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   

33% of the British Muslim population is under 16

source

The Muslim population in Britain has grown by more than 500,000 to 2.4 million in just four years, according to official research collated for The Times.

source

According to this, there were 15 million citizens under the age of 19.

Pakistan mothers have an average of 4.7 children. Bangladeshi women have an average of 3.9 children. Indigenous British women - 1.3.

So if we take an approximate average of 4.3 for Muslims and 1.3 for Brits, and say 1 million under 19s are Muslim, 14 million under 19s non-Muslim. In the next generation, that 1 million under 19 Muslims will have increased to 2.15 million, whilst the 14 million under 19 non-Muslims will have decreased to roughly 9.5 million. In 2 generations, the 2.15 million Muslims will have increased to over 4.3 million and the 9.5 million non-Muslims will have dropped to roughly 6 million, and the generation after, 4.3 million will become 8.5 and the 6 million will have dropped to 4. So by my calculations - using official statistics, Muslims will outnumber non-Muslims in 3 generations by 2:1.

...and this is all based solely on birth rates, not even taking migration (both in and out) into account.

Or... you could just watch this video:

And for added confirmation of the Islamic will to dominate, read some of the comments on this forum.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   

they can wish all they want mate

aint going to happen

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

hey dont mind me asking but is ur avatar christana aguilra?

sorry to be off topic

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join