It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens and Secret Military Operations? Recent Satellite Pictures

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I went through Google Satellite and recorded snapshots of satellite images focusing on the Groom Lake “Area 51” military presence, and a large portion of the “surrounding areas”, in Nevada. These pictures were recorded Sunday, June 29th, 2009.

A lot of interesting images, a few potential UFOs, a few crop circle formations, underground bunkers, and other land based mysteries in the satellite images. Every picture makes me wonder more and more if the movie by Steven Spielberg, “Close Encounters of the Third Kind” was based on a real event.

For the benefit of the experts, the images are saved in Bitmap as a higher quality than Jpeg, for the purpose of saving them to your computer if you wish. Most of the images display the positions in Longitude and Latitude to help you find where they come from.

Overall, there are just over 90 images to review from a recent Sunday evening of Google Satellite surfing. Enjoy, it took over 8 hours of “sifting through the sands” so to speak. I look forward to hearing some people's analysis of the pictures.

The images are here SATELLITE IMAGES OF VERY MYSTEROUS OPERATIONS

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
by "Crop circles" do you mean "crops grown in circles"?
because thats fairly common. its easier to irrigate circular field with one arm than squarish ones.

and thats a lot of pictures....can you point us to specific one with "ufos"?

mostly i see weird giant piles of dirt.

and its a government base, underground bunkers arent a major breakthrough.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Take a look at the pictures from the movie, "Close Encounters of the Third Kind", made over 30 years when Satellite imaging was unheard of and military was on full alert to keep people away from the area every bit as much as they are today.

The structures resemble alot of the pictures today. How did a movie producer "hit the nail on the head" so accurately over 30 years ago? Coincidence?

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Interesting... There is lots of weird things to be seen on Google earth if ya look hard enough tho.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
i dont see any resemblance from your satellite photos to those from Close encounters....ecxept maybe the Mesa/Butte, but..those are common in deserts

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
The pictures in the first post look like Air Bases and some gravel pits...
Doesn't look like anything out of the ordinary and doesn't really seem too much like the Close Encounters imagery that much - maybe if I use my imagination?

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jokei
The pictures in the first post look like Air Bases and some gravel pits...
Doesn't look like anything out of the ordinary and doesn't really seem too much like the Close Encounters imagery that much - maybe if I use my imagination?

There are 90 pictures in the album, and, your reply came a few minutes after I made the OP, maybe take some time to review them all, there are alot of interesting ones in there to make an analysis over.

I am hoping some of the more serious people in the forum might be able to point out what is going on, since these images are of areas that are "NOT WELCOMED TO CIVILIANS".

I expect some pretty interesting replies over some of the pictures captured by google satellite on Sunday (last night).

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
there really arent many interesting ones at all.

many are large dirt piles or something and many have uninteresting buildings. there are some with "crop circles" but as i explained up above, many places grow crops in circles for ease of watering.

PLEASE point out the ones that are of particular importance so we can discuss those ones.

and of course civilians aren't "welcomed", its a SECRET military base.

[edit on 29-6-2009 by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by PAYBACKCOMESSOON

Hey, I'm a fast worker! Maybe you could post the ones you find most interesting on here for us?

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I just looked at all the photos. I see mounds of dirt, some buildings and a runway. I did see what looked like a bus. Also, those mounds or flat top hills look like they have roads leading up them. Maybe for observation posts? I didn't see anything bizarre

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest

many are large dirt piles

Those are actually craters. Most of the images are from the Nevada Test Site just west of groom lake.

Larger than the state of Rhode Island, approximately 1,375 square miles, the Nevada Test Site is one of the largest restricted access areas in the United States.

www.nv.doe.gov...

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Yeah, I did the same thing on my phone the other day. It has google maps and I was bored (long car ride) I couldn't believe all the craters and bomb holes...I even saw a few roads that mysteriously vanished into hillsides. What DO they do out there? I'm asking this ..and I was in the Air Force.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieJesus

ahh...thats where the craters went. lol

ok. so those are craters not piles of dirt.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
realy nothing there and google does not give you real time images
you might of got them off your cpu on jun 29 but that is not when the sat photo was taken
basicaly just a military installation and everything that goes along with that. I would think all the secret stuff is underground or in hangars. ...cheers

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by inflaymes

I even saw a few roads that mysteriously vanished into hillsides

There are lots of tunnels all throughout the region. It is no secret, have a look at NORAD.

www.norad.mil...

...and they probably use something like this to create the underground facilities.

www.stevequayle.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by LexTalionis

Most of the "Mounds" are craters,it does say Nellis AFB bombing range on some of the pics.
There is a lot of "stuff" to go through,maybe the OP could point out the more salient bits for us.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Every time I look at one of my posts, this "koolaid kid" character seems to have a personal problem with it, lol. Hmmm?

Maybe the moderators could look into this one. I don't see the benefit of a member constantly attacking another member of the ATS whenever they post. Too obvious!

This kind of detracts from all the work and time it took of make this site highly recognized as the most repsectable site of it's venue on the internet.

Maybe the moderators and administrators will help alleviate the problem, and this "koolaid kid" can focus on attacking people elsewhere as a means of fulfiiing his time.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
are the mounds not from nuclear testing, they test a nuke it makes a crater then they cover it over to bury the fallout, like the cactus dome
atlasobscura.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by PAYBACKCOMESSOON
Every time I look at one of my posts, this "koolaid kid" character seems to have a personal problem with it, lol. Hmmm?

Maybe the moderators could look into this one. I don't see the benefit of a member constantly attacking another member of the ATS whenever they post. Too obvious!

This kind of detracts from all the work and time it took of make this site highly recognized as the most repsectable site of it's venue on the internet.

Maybe the moderators and administrators will help alleviate the problem, and this "koolaid kid" can focus on attacking people elsewhere as a means of fulfiiing his time.

im not attacking YOU. im pointing out the flaws in your theories. and if you hadnt noticed, pretty much everyone agrees with me here, as im sure they would with your theory that arnold schwarzenegger is apollo and trying to take over the US with a nazi regime.

sorry if your ideas dont hold up well to scrutiny.

edited to separate quote from replay clearly

[edit on 29-6-2009 by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

As far as I know only Edinburgh has the "live" satellite facility,(Beta stage)and that means satellite pics of Edinburgh,although Google do provide recent pics of various places at their site.
These pics are not neccesarily satellite views however,I will look at Google Earth and see if any of your pics are already there.
I agree "Koolaid" could be more helpful and a bit too quick off the mark,(he didn't look too closely at the pics---mounds and craters) but I think also that you as the OP should have shown some more pointers,given the title of the thread,hope this helps,Smurfy.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join