It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cove

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Please watch this:

Winner of the Audience Award for Best Documentary at the 2009 Sundance Film Festival, The Cove follows a high-tech dive team on a mission to discover the truth about the international dolphin capture trade as practiced in Taiji, Japan. Utilizing state-of-the-art techniques, including hidden microphones and cameras in fake rocks, the team uncovers how this small seaside village serves as a horrifying microcosm of massive ecological crimes happening worldwide.
takepart

Also, if you don't mind a piece of your soul dying, watch this:

I have to tell you, I am having a great deal of difficulty composing this very post. I do not wish to be melodramatic but I've had to wipe tears from my keyboard three times already.

One look at my signature can inform one of the cruelty humans inflict on yet another of god's creatures.

For a species capable of so much love we are truly capable of unmeasurable wickedness.

Anyway, I don't have that much to add, it's all in the videos.

Related thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Related website: www.savejapandolphins.org

[edit on 29 Jun 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
You are right. We can't even treat animals right.
Something needs to give.
I hope it will soon enough

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
simple 3 words:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SAVE THE ANIMALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PLEASE!!!!

*wonderfull thread sd

Nia the panda

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Horrendous. I am ashamed to breath the same air as these soulless creatures. Humankind deserves extinction. Hopefully we get it soon.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by twilightzone

Humankind deserves extinction. Hopefully we get it soon.

No worries there, we've been working on that too for a while now.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Save the dolphins and whales, then tuna and haring, and in the end chickens and carrots. the part when Hayden comes out of the water in hysterics is laughable. It is like it was her child they had harvested. We are a species that eats meat and you must kill the animal or eat it alive. I am not trying to sound heartless, but it is part of life. Then there is the argument that the animal is poisoned and should not be eaten. I have not seen the movie but I find most of the claims of mercury poisoning suspicious. The FDA admits to some levels of toxins in almost all food. Bring the flames.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by elarmstrongo

Exactly.

Whales are a very effective marine resource. Japan has a long standing tradition in dolphin hunting and has been doing it for hundreds if not thousands of years. Who are these people to tell them what they should eat? I'm a avid hunter, which is mostly deer and turkey. I harvest the animals completely. I know I wouldn't take too kindly for someone coming onto my land and telling me I have no right.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Dolphins are big-brained, socially sophisticated mammals, socially and cognitively comparable to monkeys and apes in memory capacity, language comprehension, and other cognitive abilities (Herman, 1980). Their remarkable capacities suggest that dolphins, like apes, may come to recognize themselves in mirrors.

Evidence of self-awareness in the bottlenose dolphin

Cetacean intelligence

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Save the Cheerleader, Save the World.... or is it the dolphins? lol but seriously, i condone this in no way shape or forum.

[edit on 29-6-2009 by tylerc25211]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

SDog i see by the sig line that you are sensitive to the animal kingdom, and maybe these creatures are self aware. But that does not make them taste any less good. Mmmm Dolphin. as for the seal it is the same thing the Inuit have hunted them for all their history, and now a few bleeding hearts come along and want to take the primary source of protein for an entire population.

[edit on 29-6-2009 by elarmstrongo]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Please educate yourself: www.hsus.org...

Did the Inuit kill hundred of thousands of seals every year?

Listen, you have every right to be just fine and dandy with this, thankfully I don't have to share a mirror with you.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I think someone should also point out that if these animals are poisoned we should be making a documentary about how they were poisoned. And set up circles of people splashing about outside these plants. but that would not be as dramatic. I would guess that the poison is contributing to the demise of far more of these, and several other species around the globe. Where is the crying teen girl then?

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I did not suggest that they killed hundreds of thousands, I am guessing thouhg that you are a vegan?

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtinguish and elarmstrongo

I'll discuss Japan.
The majority of Japanese now oppose whaling and dolphin culling, in majority poll votes over 70% do not wish for it to take place.
Additionally why does Japan say its for Scientific research? Not for traditional reasons as you claim.

The cultural traditions from many societies of over a 1000 years we have done away as we have adapted to larger social awarness as a result of managing larger communities and their needs.
Shall we keep women not voting as that was tradition?
Shall we keep men the only ones with economic income as that was tradition?
Shall we support human sacrifice as that was tradtion?
Give me a break.

Tthe traditional hunt was manageable and a acceptable social requirement, the culling for extreme population growth is not sustainable. Whale burgers I think we can do without, the traditional Japanese did not eat mass produced Whale burgers, and this is where most of the meat consumed goes. The poisoning is CULLING not hunting for requirement.

So had it been for local villages hunting food, no probs here, but its current mass slaughter for purely economic gain, NOT FEEDING your family/village/tribe as traditional prupose as you claim is a brutality that I don't support.

Its about money not tradition, see these culls (not hunts) for what they are: economic prosperity.
Its like your saying clubbing seals for fur is not for money, but for skins for traditional hunters.
Welcome to the 21 century

edit to add elarmstrongo to reply

[edit on 29-6-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Are you kidding me? That was a joke I assume??

Do you not know how we are depeleting the Oceans? Do you not know that we as a human race are destroying everything we have??

When killing an amazing creature, for some fin soup becomes acceptable to a person, then that person really needs to start looking within, to find their connection again. You are absolutely deluded if you think these people need to eat Dolphins for nutrition. They were not put here for humans to eat, they were not put here for you.

This is one big Earth, each living thing has it's own right to be here. When the natural law comes and bites you in the ### I hope it opens your eyes.

We as humans think we have it all figured out, it's all ours for the taking, we're the superior..... WRONG. Animals live how Nature and the Earth intended, they're the ones who have it all figured out. Not us.

I don't see corrupt governments in their Animal kingdom... I don't see them slaving away for valueless money, and I don't see them slaughtering one another for no good or logical reason.

It's a disgrace, those barbarics are disgraceful. I am ashamed to be of the same species.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
That is sad I am not against killing animals for food..Lord knows I love a big juicy steak...but dolphins are intelligent creatures and should not be treated this way shut that place down

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Mer Ka Bah

I understand that you hold that opinion. And from your tone, you think you should force everyone to believe it.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
This is the future of documentaries: Infiltration of REAL corrupt government crime syndicates.

This country could use a few infiltrating documentary units (IDU's) of it's own. Plenty of horrible stuff to investigate & expose.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   

He/she is expressing their opinion, no one is 'forcing' anyone to believe anything ...

No worries though, karma will surely take care of that.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I am not asking you to believe anything, I was presenting you with facts, as you seem to not know much on the subject.

I have worked very closely with these creatures for a long time, so I know a thing or two, like how they are NOT needed to feed Japan's population, and how they do NOT belong in soup.

As for my tone, of course I have a tone, I am a compassionate human being, and anyone with some compassion should be outraged.

[edit on 29-6-2009 by Mer Ka Bah]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join