It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H.R. 675: Building Obama's Civilian National Security Force

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by concerned190

Just to work as a DOD civillian(or for a contract company the base hires) they do an extensive background check. They need to know everything name, DOB, SSN, place of birth, us citizenship, peopel who know you well, where you lived for 10 years, where you have worked for 10 years, schoolin for the past 5 years, all relitavies including in laws, military history, police history, credit history. I did my husbands.

I've been interviewed for some 250 individuals over the years applying for jobs that require security/background check.

Does anyone here find it ironic that Obama has done none of the above???

[edit on 29-6-2009 by sonjah1]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonjah1
reply to post by concerned190

Just to work as a DOD civillian(or for a contract company the base hires) they do an extensive background check. They need to know everything name, DOB, SSN, place of birth, us citizenship, peopel who know you well, where you lived for 10 years, where you have worked for 10 years, schoolin for the past 5 years, all relitavies including in laws, military history, police history, credit history. I did my husbands.

I've been interviewed for some 250 individuals over the years applying for jobs that require security/background check.

Does anyone here find it ironic that Obama has done none of the above???

[edit on 29-6-2009 by sonjah1]

Nothing surprises me with Obama, Why is the Senate allowing this to happen? This is a lot deeper than the Democrats controlling Congess and the Senate.

I think this has been the plan for a long time, as part of their warped agenda.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
IF congress and the senate dotn hear our crys for impeachment, to stop all this, then the wheels will continue like clockwork,a nd wil be too late by then. NOW is past the time, somehow, AMERICA, as many of us that can get together, by the tens of thouseands..go to congress and demand NO this is NOT going to happen...
hell, with all the layoffs goin around, no one has time to do this?

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

Sorry to disappoint you, but congress is complicit in all of this, to think that they would consider impeachment is wasted thought. The majority ruled congress are as if not more extreme left than the President is.

The only way we can change this is to put the members of congress on notice, that to continue shoving these extreme and dangerous agendas and legislation on we the people will come at great cost to them when we go to vote in the elections.

They need to hear from YOU, and everyone. Their phone lines need to be jammed, their mail boxes full and even from people in the streets need to speak out in large numbers.

Pelosi actually complained after the vote on the cap and trade that the lines had been jammed with calls, but proudly proclaimed that they got past that and got enough votes to pass the house... In other words the people did have an impact... The pressure needs to continue, on this and any legislation that could damage the economy, or further erode our freedom and liberty... So far all of their legislation has been very dangerous, and will raise the costs of living across the board while limiting services like health care, they are going to destroy bussiness with cap and trade and put even more people out of work..... I've already told you how we can stop this. We must stop them before it is too late

No wonder they are considering legislation that could be used to create a secret police force... They are going to need them if they continue, especially if they successfully pass some of this stuff and the people revolt and they need to "restore order"

No need to fear the government any longer, they should FEAR US.

By the people, for the people..... WE THE PEOPLE!

You all better get busy on those phone calls and letters, and damned well better vote in any and all state local and federal elections.

Good luck!

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
LOL... well, Has anyone considered mercenaries? Are DOD contractors (Blackwater / Xe) and foreign DOD employees included in this?

Just something to think about. Remember Blackwater troops in New Orleans during Katrina?

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

I may be wrong but I do not believe that blackwater and/or other private security firms can operate inside the USA, and or act as "police" over the citizens of this country, unless there is a declaration of martial law that would allow that?

This H.R. 675 would basically create a new domestic police force that could take action on the citizens at ANY time, and frankly for any reason. That is why that bill needs to die... The military does not need that kind of power over the people.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
IF congress and the senate dotn hear our crys for impeachment, to stop all this, then the wheels will continue like clockwork,a nd wil be too late by then. NOW is past the time, somehow, AMERICA, as many of us that can get together, by the tens of thouseands..go to congress and demand NO this is NOT going to happen...
hell, with all the layoffs goin around, no one has time to do this?

The sad part is if we did do this we would all probably be arrested and named as anti-government terrorists. Fighting the government. Look at Ruby Ridge.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

The military was never allowed to act as police over the citizens of this country either, until this bill.

I dont think we know the scope of this yet there may be several amendments that are not in the best interest of the people.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
I hate to say it but slavery is what the US might deserve. Not that I have anything against the US but the fact is that you guys didn't stop it from happening. If the country as a whole isn't going to stop such from happening then doesn't it deserve it?

I hate to say it, but the same or worse will happen to you, and the rest of your country too. Do you, and the people in your country deserve to suffer and be oppressed because you haven't stopped it? No.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Hi,
Do you ever get the feeling that none of us can stopt it? It seems too big and almost thoroughly complete? They are covering all the bases ahead of time.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

Maybe they will just hand out guns, arm bands, and badges to all citizens who chose to be a part of this Brigade.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I think this bill refers to DOD cops. The bases I have been on all has them and it looks like this bill would give them the same authority as military police operating on post inside of their jurisdiction. Your local cops can already do everything listed in this bill.

Pay attention to the wording of the bill, Department of Defense law enforcement personnel. Not contractors and certainly not every civilian that works for the DOD (have you seen some of those guys?.....seriously.)

I would venture to guess that most of you have never seen a DOD cop except for those of you that have been to a military installation. In fact, while I am writing this I cannot recall a time I have ever seen a DOD cop excuting any other duty other than traffic duty and gate/ perimeter guard. I have never seen them search barracks or housing and I've never seen them make a arrest.

There are many issues that concern me right now but this bill is not one of them. Now, if this is amended to give DOD cops jurisdiction over states at a echelon higher than the state police I would be pretty concerned.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TheEndofEvolution

This bill is illegal to the Constitution. If it passes military will also be allowed to arrest people, without declaring a state emergency.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

The military is not law enforcement, and nowhere in the bill does it mention Military Police or the Office of the Provost Marshall.

What you are saying is that since I am a member of the military, if this bill passes I can arrest my neighbor when he plays his music to loud at 2:00 AM?

Wrong. I am not law enforcement. I see what you are trying to say but the bill specifically says what career fields this bill applies to. It is not a general blanket of authority to all DOD employees.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I'm not a pro on this bill. I'm not sure how exactly it will pan out. I do know that DHS, NSA and DOD are on call and getting prepared for something.

This is all I could find that may or may not apply.

The Posse Comitatus Act, passed on June 18, 1878 after the end of Reconstruction, limits the powers of the federal government to use the military for law enforcement. The Act prohibits members of the federal uniformed services from exercising nominally state law enforcement, police, or peace officer powers that maintain “law and order” on non-federal property within the United States.

Members of the DoD Civilian Expeditionary Workforce shall be organized, trained, cleared, equipped, and ready to deploy in support of combat operations by the military;

H.R. 675 sidesteps Posse Comitatus by defining “law enforcement officer of the Department of Defense” as “a civilian employee of the Department of Defense,” including federal police officers, detectives, criminal investigators, special agents, and game law enforcement officers classified by the Office of Personnel Management Occupational Series 0083 (the United States Office of Personnel Management is described as an “independent agency” of the U.S. government that manages the civil service of the federal government).

www.globalresearch.ca...

Posse Comitatus Act of 1878 applies to civilian police officers employed by the military the same as it does military members. In some ways military members have much greater authority to enforce the law then civilian employees since the Uniform Code of Military Justice does not have physical boundaries. So a military member may enforce military law anywhere in the world but civilian DoD Police may only enforce within the confines of their base.

Is that right?

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I took this straight from the bill.

‘(d) Definition of Law Enforcement Officer of the Department of Defense- In this section, the term ‘law enforcement officer of the Department of Defense’ means a civilian employee of the Department of Defense who is any of the following:

‘(1) A Federal police officer or detective as classified by the Office of Personnel Management Occupational Series 0083 (or any successor to that series).

‘(2) A game law enforcement officer or special agent as classified by the Office of Personnel Management Occupational Series 1812 (or any successor to that series).

‘(3) A criminal investigator as classified by the Office of Personnel Management Occupational Series 1811 (or any successor to that series) and not employed as a special agent of the Defense Criminal Investigative Service (or any successor to that service).’

Taken from

www.opencongress.org...

So while it is basically giving DOD law enforcement the same authority as the civilian police in your community, it doesn't give them free reign over the nation. It also doesn't give every civilian in DOD this authority (thank god). WATCH OUT FOR AMMENDMENTS.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Thanks!

I guess its DHS who has all the control at the moment. The flu is a decoy for something to come. I feel something in the air.

I still dont like the sounds of this Obama work Brigade. This isnt to mention the GIVE act forcing children in to a youth Brigade.

I'm all for helping in my community but I, as the parent will choose which activities my children take part in and not the President of the United States.

We still havent heard what this Civilian National Security's duties entail. This will be interesting.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I will agree that something is amiss. All of these bills hitting the House at once maybey they are hoping that a few of them slip through. Like the one that would get rid of the two term limit for presidents. Ever hear about that one?

It's in the house now.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Yes I heard about the 2 term thing. They may also slip in;
Lets you and I kill this bill

There are so many to keep up with.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   

‘(d) Definition of Law Enforcement Officer of the Department of Defense- In this section, the term ‘law enforcement officer of the Department of Defense’ means a CIVILIAN employee of the Department of Defense who is any of the following:CommentsClose CommentsPermalink

‘(1) A Federal police officer or detective as classified by the Office of Personnel Management Occupational Series 0083 (or any successor to that series).CommentsClose CommentsPermalink

‘(2) A game law enforcement officer or special agent as classified by the Office of Personnel Management Occupational Series 1812 (or any successor to that series).CommentsClose CommentsPermalink

‘(3) A criminal investigator as classified by the Office of Personnel Management Occupational Series 1811 (or any successor to that series) and not employed as a special agent of the Defense Criminal Investigative Service (or any successor to that service).’.CommentsClose CommentsPermalink

(b) Clerical Amendment- The table of sections at the beginning of such chapter is amended by adding at the end the following new item:CommentsClose CommentsPermalink

‘1585b. Law enforcement officers of the Department of Defense: authority to execute warrants, make arrests, and carry firearms.’.CommentsClose CommentsPermalink

Emphasis is mine.

But why TF would they need this? If they are on federal property they can do this anyways. And if they are not on fed property then they need to cry to the FBI. This is a POTENTIAL abuse of power, so that means it would probably be abused if past performance means anything.

But it would not authorize military troops to perform these functions, it specifically states civilian employees. But maybe just a foot in the door...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join