It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shouldn't we really be focusing on the super volcanos instead of the NWO?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
It is predicted that the super volcano at yellowstone is ready to go off since its long overdue (the eruption) and therw are already signs that this may happen such as: the rising of the ground and many places of the park becoming too dangerous and bison dying due to large amounts of sulphur...
This will bury 3/4 of the usa in 30m of ash, release harmful aerosols around the globe and cause a global catastrophe...

No worry, FEMA said they will help if this does happen

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Sorry, i do not have a source since i am on my iphone

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Well if Yellowstone blows we won't have to worry about the NWO anymore.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Lets not forget that sunlight wouldnt reach the earth for at least three years because of all the particulate matter that would be flung into the atmosphere.

This is the only positive thing about growing food inside the lab.

humanity would be quite dependent on such food if natural photosynthesis becomes interrupted

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Interryanmilan
It is predicted that the super volcano at yellowstone is ready to go off since its long overdue (the eruption) and therw are already signs that this may happen such as: the rising of the ground and many places of the park becoming too dangerous and bison dying due to large amounts of sulphur...
This will bury 3/4 of the usa in 30m of ash, release harmful aerosols around the globe and cause a global catastrophe...

No worry, FEMA said they will help if this does happen

Yellowstone erupting is one natural disaster that would bring this nation to its knees. There is enough circumstantial evidence that there is a large pocket of magma now under the greater area of the cauldron. Maybe it will cut loose or maybe it won't. But I am oft to wonder if something like this on a hair trigger, could be spurred to life by external prodding.

For instance, an asteroid striking the Earth might cause it to go off...

9:1And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star from heaven fallen unto the earth: and there was given to him the key of the pit of the abyss. 9:2And he opened the pit of the abyss; and there went up a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit. 9:3And out of the smoke came forth locusts upon the earth; and power was given them, as the scorpions of the earth have power.

In re the above quote from the Biblical book of Revelation, I recently read an article (I forget exactly where) that forwarded the theory that in instances of extreme stress, some species could see hitherto unseen physiological changes that had laid otherwise dormant in their DNA. Thus, dinosaurs flipped an internal switch and became birds and perhaps, locust flip one that makes them aggressive to humans.

During the dust bowl years of the 1930s and 40s, locusts plagued the already ravaged countryside, eating everything including some forms of linen and cloth. The rolled in just ahead of a black blizzard, or dust storm.

But back to Yellowestone, and all mythology aside, we should hope that it holds off for another ten thousand years or so... or at least until NASA learns how to explore space beyond low Earth orbit lol!

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni

Exactly.

And we can't stop Yellowstone blowing either.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
not to be a wet blanket, but why worry about what you have no control over? Supervolcano!! We are all going to die!!!! in about 5 million years. I would be more worried about how we are going to cope with the loss of Michael Jackson. I am still in a tizzy about that one.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I was watching Yellowstone for a while, but this one

www.geonet.org.nz...

has got me a little worried seeing it's a bit closer to home. And they have just had a landslide there and had to evacuate 50 peeps.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Like Networkdude said, what are we supposed to do? Get all ATS members to start saving wine corks so they can be banded together to plug the caldera?

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
i dont know about you guys but i'm having a HUGE party the day before yellowstone is predicted (backed up with science) to blow

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

Originally posted by Bombeni

Exactly.

And we can't stop Yellowstone blowing either.

i third that.

... something can be done about a rogue government type situation.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unit541
Like Networkdude said, what are we supposed to do? Get all ATS members to start saving wine corks so they can be banded together to plug the caldera?

Thats a good idea! I'm gonna start savin today
A few thousand or so should be enough

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
wth can we really do about the volcanoes? stop them?

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Yellowstone erupting????
That would put a stop to global warming.

In fact it could easily start a new ice age and then we would have to make a lot more CO2 to stop the ice age

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

going to cope with the loss of Michael Jackson. I am still in a tizzy about that one.
micheal jackson died? when did this happen?

i did n't know buffalo we're dying from the fumes. and the ground is risimg. what the, man thats scary as hell. if it isn't one thing i guess it's going to be another. all the signs concur that a purging is about to present
it self.

[edit on 22-9-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Yellowstone will erupt before 2025 by my count. I know that this is a science thread but I have seen it in my dreams. I am also a geology major studying volcanoes, that is how powerful and alarming these dreams were. In fact by 2025 I believe that 1 third of the earth will be covered by volcanism. There will be a good job for me there because the demand will be so high for volcanologists with the guts to do the crazy stuff, the same kind of guts I have.

Yellowstone will show a lot more activity before the eruption and there will be some big warning that it is iminent first. There will be an awakening of the Idaho volcanic peaks in the Rockies, the Absaroka's will also begin to erupt, and a flood basalt eruption might be expected to emerge from North Western Montana. I also believe that the old volcanic deserts like Arizona and California will become active again very soon.

I am doing my thesis on Yellowstone and it is my passion of study and also my future place of work.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

I'm with you, why worry about super volcanoes that we have no control over but I have been saying for a while that I hope it doesn't erupt in my lifetime coz about 2 weeks after all you Americans get killed we’re going to have the dust clouds over Europe, covering up our sunshine
and I’m still trying to get over the loss of Michael Jackson, such a great man and entertainer

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Don't worry.

Obama is going to fix it. along with everything else..

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Well the theory that Yellowstone will blow due to it being "overdue" is really POP science.

It is based on the timing of the last two eruptions.

Yellowstone has a long history, and sometimes there has been over a million years before each major event.

In addition when this happened there was more volcanism on the earth as we all know the earth is cooling (internally)

Yep it could go now, or it could be hundreds of thousands of years.

However another factor is that as the plate moves over the "Hot Spot" created by the plume it has now moved so that it is covered by mountians and a much thicker crust than in previous events (except last two) which may help cork the caldera as such.

It also has erupted many times before in a fashoin similiar to other volcanoes, that is not a huge Caldera forming event. If such a similair event happened again it should relieve the underlying pressure and settle it down for a long time again.

It is a concern, a real threat, no doubt it will go again some time into a supervolcanic eruption, however it is not the only Calderra in the world and JAVA certainly needs a lot of close attention to!!

Infact this might be worse globaly as instead of the earth dropping into the calderra it would be millions and millions and millions of gallons of sea.

The steam eruption, and pyroclastic events on the area would be truly horrendous and the Tsunami generation can only be vaguely guessed at.

A 30-40 metre tidal wave might very well spread out in all directions and affect a lot of the worlds populations living close to the sea.

The world is not just centered on the USA you know guys.....

This topic is covered to a HUGE degree on the main ATS thread here and its links as well...

Whats Going on At Yellowstone

Elf.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
There is something that each of us could do to make our own survival more likely, at least with regards the aftermath of the eruption. I've heard a figure of 3-5 years without a growing season, and this is what will affect the majority of the world's population. I've already started hoarding LED grow-lights and seeds of various kinds. Whether or not there is any reason, I'm planning to grow some of my own food, either as a hobby or a measn of survival if it comes to that. If I can grow a surplus then barter also becomes a possibility. With enough fresh green stuff, potatoes and some pulses supplementing tinned food at least my family and I will have a chance.

Mind you, I'm far enough away from Yellowstone to make that the worst effect I'll have to deal with. La Palma will be more of a problem, as a portion of the tidal wave from that event would impact me here.

new topics

top topics

join