It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frater Israel :

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Is anybody know anything about this very secret society, who take his source in the learning from the wizdom Israel Regardie ?

I've read a bood edited by them (How to make your own system of magick). But there was no informations about who they are and what they do.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Well, here's a good starting page on Israel Regardie:

www.hermeticgoldendawn.org...

You really should try out this thing called Google:
www.google.com...

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Is anybody know anything about this very secret society, who take his source in the learning from the wizdom Israel Regardie ?

Dr. Francis Israel Regardie was a psychotherapist, who spent much of his life studying and practicing the occult, and is one of my favorite writers.
In the 1920�s, Regardie graduated from the University of New York with a degree in psychology, and entered medical school. He was very interested in the work of Sigmund Freud and Carl Gustav Jung, and eventually discovered the work of the psychiatrist and Jungian analyst Wilhelm Reich, of which he became a disciple. When the Nazis seized power in Germany, Reich fled to the U.S., where Regardie became his pupil.
After reading Aleister Crowley�s �Liber 4�, Regardie wrote a letter to that author, expressing the desire to learn more about Yoga. Crowley responded, inviting Regardie to work as his personal secretary in Italy, to which Regardie accepted.
Regardie moved to Cefalu, Sicily to work for Crowley, but soon Crowley and his band of merry pranksters were expelled from Italy by direct order of Italian dictator Benito Mussolini, and the group relocated to New York.
Regardie worked for Crowley a little longer, but eventually had a falling out, described in Regardie�s book �The Eye In The Triangle: An Interpretation of Aleister Crowley.� Regardie then joined the Order of Stella Matutina, which was A.E. Waite�s reworking of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, a Rosicrucian sect. Regardie then established a psychiatric practice in NYC, where he utilized Freudian, Jungian, and Reichian techniques, as well as Yoga.
Regardie died in 1985. Since that time, many of his followers have attempted to revive the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn based upon his teachings. The Order�s rituals, teachings, and lectures were published by Regardie in his book �A Complete Account of the Rites, Ceremonies, and Teachings of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn�. Much of the same had already been published by Aleister Crowley (who was himself a member of the Golden Dawn in the late 1890�s, when he was still in his 20�s), which were scattered throughout Crowley�s serial �The Equinox�.

Fiat Lvx.

[Edited on 6-5-2004 by Masonic Light]

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Actually, as i know it, Crowley was denied membership in Golden Dawn by William Butler Yeats himself, who said: "I did not think our philosophical society was intended to be a reform school" or something to that effect

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Root
Actually, as i know it, Crowley was denied membership in Golden Dawn by William Butler Yeats himself, who said: "I did not think our philosophical society was intended to be a reform school" or something to that effect

Crowley was initiated as a Neophyte into the Isis-Urania Temple of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn in 1898, and within 9 months had worked himself up past the Grade of Philosophus (Fourth Degree), and received the Ritual of the Portal. His sponsors were Allen Bennet and George Cecil Jones.
Crowley then petitioned the Isis-Urania Temple for the Grade of Adeptus Minor, but his petition was denied, and is when Yeats made the remark that you quoted.
Furious at the London Adepts for not admitting him into the Adeptus Degree, Crowley wrote a letter to the Order�s Supreme Magus, S.L. MacGregor Mathers, in Paris. Mathers invited Crowley to France, where he personally conferred upon Crowley the Degree at the Ahathoor Temple there. Mathers then appointed Crowley his Personal Representative in London, and sent him back to the Isis-Urania Temple. This, in turn, infuriated the London members; they didn�t like Crowley, and refused to confer Adeptship on him. But Mathers not only made him an Adept, but effectively put him in complete charge of the London Temple!
This is what led to the schism that caused the London Temple to go defunct. Everyone carried a grudge on their shoulders, and they just stopped attending meetings.
In 1905, Crowley and Jones tried to resurrect the London Temple, changed some of its by-laws and rules, and called it Astrum Argentium. It is still in existence today.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Thanks for the correction MasonicLight - it's been many many years since i looked at any Crowley stuff and my memory is obviously not as good as i thought

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by 23rd_Degree
Well, here's a good starting page on Israel Regardie:

www.hermeticgoldendawn.org...

You really should try out this thing called Google:
www.google.com...

Thanks,

I've still done a search before this post, but I've found nothing about the Frater Israel.

I've found a book edited by this society a few years ago.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
There might be two different individuals being discussed here. Israel Regardie chose the name Frater A.M.A.G.. He was never, to my knoledge, ever reffered to as "Frater Israel".
Is it "Frater Israel" you are looking for, or Israel Regardie?

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   
No, I'm looking for Frater Israel.

But I think they choose them name in reference to Israel REGARDIE.

top topics

join