It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Approves 50 settler homes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Israel has approved the construction of 50 new housing units in a Jewish settlement in the occupied West Bank. Officials said the homes would house settlers being moved from a nearby unauthorised outpost and were only the first part of an expansion plan. The move runs counter to a demand by Israel's major ally and backer, the US, that it stop all settlement activity on occupied Palestinian land. It came hours before Defence Minister Ehud Barak was due to fly to the US.

Well if that isn't a one fingered salute to America asking for Israel to stop building illegal settlements i dont know what is.Things like this are very telling as to who has the real political sway in washington.All America needs to do is freeze israeli assets in the usa,stop the aid and Israel would buckle and give in to any demands fairly quickly.It really makes me think that Clinton's speech was nothing more than a PR campaign and would never have amounted to much in the first place.I guess we can all live in hope that netanyahu is pressured in his next meeting at the whitehouse.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 29/6/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

In a way when I look of this I see things kind of two folds...
1.) The Israel Military conquered those lands when they were invaded in 1949 and the few other wars that were fought since then. It has always been to the victor goes the spoils, and technically they are the victor. That would be like Mexico demanding we give back the land we took from them in the Mexican/American War... Isn’t it?

2.) I think that what’s left of Palestine should be giving back to Jordan the way it was originally supposed to be, that would fix this settlement issue. I am Beginning to think America Needs to stay out of the worlds affairs for 50 years or so we can rebuild our nation and its infrastructure.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Mexico approves of their citizens "settling" in the United States with hardly a complaint from the government.

Maybe we should worry about what happens here first.

join