It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Energy vampire ethics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Interesting question that came up when I was working with a kid who left me feeling really drained after an hour of helping him with a community project. Finally I downright asked him if he was draining me or knew he was draining me. Well the question came up about energy vampires. My question is this: What are the ethics involved if you know you are sucking the energy out of someone?

Is it fine to drain people because thats how you are?
Is it better to tap a lot of people instead of draining one person?
Is it worse leeching off old people who might not be able to spring back as fast?

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
The ethics of it is that if you know there is one around, try to avoid them later. I know of a few, and I just keep out of their way. It does not stop my life in any way, and when they cant be avoided, changing my attitude to being more forceful helps keep the draining away.

We are humans and we are supposed to be masters of adaptability.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Le Colonel
The ethics of it is that if you know there is one around, try to avoid them later. I know of a few, and I just keep out of their way. It does not stop my life in any way, and when they cant be avoided, changing my attitude to being more forceful helps keep the draining away.

We are humans and we are supposed to be masters of adaptability.

Is there a way for these people not to drain? Is it a conscious thing? Do they need to do it like the mythical vampires? is there a way to block the drain.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Happyfeet
Interesting question that came up when I was working with a kid who left me feeling really drained after an hour of helping him with a community project. Finally I downright asked him if he was draining me or knew he was draining me. Well the question came up about energy vampires. My question is this: What are the ethics involved if you know you are sucking the energy out of someone?

Is it fine to drain people because thats how you are?
Is it better to tap a lot of people instead of draining one person?
Is it worse leeching off old people who might not be able to spring back as fast?

LOL, I am suprised they didnt lock you up in the booby hatch. Who asks a kid if they are intentionally draining them of energy or if he is a vampire. That is just nuts.

There are no ethics involved because what you describe does not exist. There are people who frustrate you or ask lots of questions etc, but it doesnt make them energy sucking vampires.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
This is funny, because the first time i heard of this was this weekend.

But seriously, who asks a kid that?? haha hopefully he doesnt say something to his parents about it!

i do believe that some people can suck the energy straight out of you, and not mean to. i also believe that people can do it intentionally.

most times you have to say NUH NUH NUH NUH NUHHHHH in order for it to work
sorry kidding

but i have heard of psychic vampires that feed off your aura (if you believe that kind of thing). and supposedly evidence with a certain camera proves this?

im looking for it...

Edit: heres about kirlian photography

[edit on 6/29/2009 by mahtoosacks]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Happyfeet
Is there a way for these people not to drain? Is it a conscious thing? Do they need to do it like the mythical vampires? is there a way to block the drain.

Just block them, block all that trys to drain. Take in the higher light and do not allow these vampires to take what is yours. Yes it is a conscious thing they know exactly what they are doing, yet they refuse to stop. (Ok a child may not fully realize) This sort of thing really gets to me. Use protective shields, positive thinking, higher light anything but they must be blocked or you will end up totally drained of life force. If you allow it you become their psychic food...yuk!

[edit on 29-6-2009 by Mr Green]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
ive been accused of being a psychic vampire before. i kind of thought that being called that was a little funny and awesome until the twilight series...

i dont technically "know how" to "drain" someones energy on purpose and take it for my own...but i have been known to wear on someone's nerves and take enjoyment in it.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Happyfeet

Energy vampire ethics

I can't help but think that at some point in the recent past, some person who desperately wished he/she could be a vampire, decided to invent a way that it could happen. Now, dare I say that biting folks in the neck would quickly land the fruitloop in jail so the answer was to create 'psychic' vampires that could leech emotions and mind energy from the unsuspecting.

No muss, no fuss.

Those who are easily influenced will find a way to make this work, too. It reminds me of an old thing from the 1970s... a guy would tell a girl that he was having sex with her brain and he knew she liked it because she was smiling. That, of course, always brought a smile (even if one of loathing) and the sex vampire was happy because he had made his mark, so to speak.

Of course, I may be wrong. (Que: Gothic Organ Music) Maybe psychic vampires really do exist. But I wonder... what happens if they accidentally latch on to someone with a really killer hangover?

Ouch.

Best to ya

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Was this just some little kid? Why'd you ask him that? I bet you probably freaked him out he probably thinks hes some like freak of nature now... if I was you I'd hope he doesnt tell his parents what you said to him...

I have a daughter and if someone said that kind of stuff to my daughter I don't know what I'd do (but it wouldnt be nice). People are VERY protective of their kids, you don't go saying stuff like this to little innocent children (and all kids are innocent, I know you guys love conspiracies, but children are some of the most innocent and pure things on the entire planet). You could mess up their life and cause them all kind of psychological problems, because kids tend to believe what adults tell them. This kid probably thinks hes some weirdo vampire evil freak or something now.

I can't believe some of you FREAKING WEIRDOS calling a innocent child a vampire and evil? What the HELL is wrong with you people?

And sorry but energry vampires DO NOT EXIST, just as real vampires DO NOT EXIST. Argue with me all you want, but I've met many a people, been all around the world, lived in lots of countries, had many different jobs... and I've NEVER ONCE been around someone who seemed to drain my energy. Sure sometimes I'll get tired but I don't go blaming it on kids, its just me lol.

I've studied all kind of occult things for MANY MANY years and none of this stuff exists, sorry to say.

Well, I believe this stuff exists if you BELIEVE it exists. So technically you can BELIEVE this kid was draining your energy but in reality it is your mind playing tricks on you. And thats the truth.

I've never had ONE SINGLE paranormal thing happen to me and I've been reading about the occult, the paranormal and ghosts and this stuff for like 20 years. I've even done experiments with quiji (spelling) boards and experiments with spells and magick and stuff like that and NONE OF IT DOES ANYTHING!!! And I think its because I don't believe in it. I have friends who are into this stuff and they claim to have all kinda paranormal experiences, but they happen to be people who are EXTREME believers in this stuff and every little thing that happens that is weird they write off as paranormal. I've had plenty of "weird" things happen to me too, but none of it is paranormal.

And this has nothing to do with me not being a spiritual person, as matter of fact I'm a VERY spiritual person (although I believe in no god) and I don't buy any of this crap for a second.

This is just probably a excuse for people who get tired fast and/or are lazy.

[edit on 29-6-2009 by The7thLetter]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I think this site is just full of energy vampires *LOL*

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by tiredoflooking
I think this site is just full of energy vampires *LOL*

Well of course it is that goes without saying, its up to you to work out who they are. This is not a joke my friend, I do not joke with you.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Ethics in a nutshell...

www.atlantavampirealliance.com...

If you want to truly understand the real vampire community in depth...

Vampires Today: The Truth About Modern Vampirism
Joseph Laycock, MTS Harvard University - Praeger Publishers 2009
www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1

Other FAQs:

Voices of the Vampire Community FAQ: www.veritasvosliberabit.com...
Sanguinarius FAQ: www.sanguinarius.org...
SphynxCatVP FAQ: sphynxcatvp.nocturna.org...
Atlanta Vampire Alliance: www.atlantavampirealliance.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
the majority of energy vamps don't know they are. just call the white light to surround you...or better yet...walk away. if you can.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
The word vampire makes this topic too categorical. There are those who can access the depths of your soul, don't let the darkness swallow your heart.

[edit on 4-7-2009 by grayhawkz01]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I must ask, did the kid know he was a vampire? What did he tell you? I don't get what's so wrong about asking him if he was a psychic vampire. It's not meant with ill intent anything. If someone asked that to me I'd think it's kind of weird but I wouldn't freak out and cry in a corner eating a gallon of ice cream. If you explain what he's doing, he might appreciate you telling him so that he doesn't do it to friends. You might have been able to really help him because if he's a psychic vampire he probably won't have as many friends since they'll avoid him. Since he'd know he's a vampire there might be a way for him to curb the habit.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
sorry i should delete

[edit on 4-7-2009 by grayhawkz01]

top topics

join