It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force test fires missile from Calif coast

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Air Force test fires missile from Calif coast

news.yahoo.com

The Air Force says it has successfully launched an unarmed Minuteman 3 intercontinental ballistic missile from a California base, firing it to targets in the Pacific Ocean...

...He said it carried three unarmed re-entry vehicles that hit their targets near the Kwajalein Atoll in the Marshall Islands, some 4,200 miles away.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related Articles:
Vandenberg successfully launches Minuteman III

[edit on 29-6-2009 by MysterE]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Looks like were showing Lil' Kim just how an ICBM should be launched. Notice how ours did not fail after 2000 miles, and how ours hit its target.

The Air Force said the launch was an operational test to check the weapon system's reliability and accuracy

I personally think it is in direct retailiation to the soon to come North Korea missle test. If we test successfully right before their impending failure, it takes away from their test.

Minuteman 3
That's this bad boy..

Manufacturer: Boeing
Unit cost: $7,000,000
Weight: 78,000 lb (35,300 kg)
Length: 59 ft 9.5 in (18.2 m)
Diameter: 5 ft 6 in (1.7 m) (1st stage)

Warhead Nuclear W62, W78, or (2006-) W87

Engine Three solid-propellant rocket motors; first stage - Thiokol TU-122 (M-55); second stage - Aerojet-General SR-19-AJ-1; third stage - Aerojet/Thiokol SR73-AJ/TC-1

Operational range: 8,100 miles (13,000 km)
Flight altitude: 700 miles (1,120 kilometers)
Speed: Approximately 15,000 mph (Mach 23, or 24,100 km/h, or 7 km/s)

-E-

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Let's hope Lil' Kim is quivering in his Lil' sheeping boots. Then again, the man has nothing to lose and would love nothing more than to go down in a blaze of glory.

He'll probably strap himself to the missile aimed at Hawaii. To bad he would just end up wet and dead in the middle of the ocean after the missile misses its mark.

The sabers are indeed rattling all around the world. N. Korea, Iran, Honduras, Venezuela... Where do we go from here?

[edit on 29-6-2009 by jibeho]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
These tests are regularly scheduled, and planned well in advance.

I doubt this was a message to NK.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Hey Jibeho, We go to the moon, and start a war with IT!!!!!

www.petitiononline.com...

www.msnbc.msn.com...

once the moononites hear of this, they too will be saber(of the light variety) rattling.

i bet it was a shoutout to lil kim. with a message on board:

"Wassupp LIL KIMMY!!! Greetings from America!! Bet you didn't think we still had these did you?? Wellllll we do, and guess what?? We've known that they work for a long time now! Looks like we are just getting the dust off them and guess what? no no no not chicken butt... KABOOOOOMMM!!
^_^ " end transmission....

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a song just came to mind.

"This is how we do it"

We have bigger muscles than you kimmy. Pucker up buttercup.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
These tests are regularly scheduled, and planned well in advance.

I doubt this was a message to NK.

That would certianly be quite a coincidence. I think it was most certianly planned to conicide with N. Koreas test. But thats just my opinion.

-E-

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

So...tell me.

Whats the difference between NK test firing a missile, and this?

"My missiles better than your missile...."

How very...schoolyard.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on 29/6/09 by neformore]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Are these test launches normally so widely expressed through msm?

Perhaps it was a preplanned launch but the timing is impeccable.

On a side note, for something with such potentially destructive powers, it is a beautiful thing...

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

So...tell me.

Whats the difference between NK test firing a missile, and this?

"My missiles better than your missile...."

How very...schoolyard.

[edit on 29/6/09 by neformore]

Schoolyard indeed. There is no difference in the intentions. Each country is currently flexing it's muscles.

-E-

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
If this isn't a message then I don't know what is. Considering the coast, the type and the current circumstances, we should be hearing from lil Kim soon enough about our test.

Would be funny if he goes:
"Another Missile Test by the U.S. in direction of NK will be considered an act of war!"

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
time for NK to start boarding USA ships and search for illegal items then.....

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Having lived on Vandenberg AFB and watched launches and knowing people who work on these launches, from my basic understanding, these launches are planned well in advance. I do not believe this launch was in retaliation and have no reason to believe this was nothing more than:

an operational test to check the weapon system's reliability and accuracy

There is a site where you can find Vandenberg launch schedules, but the dates/times that are released does not mean that is when they decided to launch.

For example:

This schedule lists rocket and missile launches from Vandenberg AFB for the next six months

VAFB Launch schedule

LAUNCH HISTORY

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on 6/29/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Good job there wasnn't any french planes flying around the area like TWA800

I agree with Neformore on this,very boys with their toys

LOL Harlequin,thats funny but I expect America would hit them hard if they ever did that!

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

Yeah. And maybe it's time we started just sinking theirs.

It may be schoolyard, but schoolyard works when the mentality of the other side is schoolyard.

The other side unzips, then it's perfectly fine for the "blessed" other one to unzip to shut up the little guy.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

From what I am finding the launch was releaded to the public June 24th, 2009. As seen in this Vandenberg AFB News Release. I don't doubt that the majority of launches are scheduled far in advance, as you can see from the launch sechedule previously posted. However, this one was released to the public 5 days ago.... Impecable timing

-E-

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterE

From what I am finding the launch was releaded to the public June 24th, 2009. As seen in this Vandenberg AFB News Release. I don't doubt that the majority of launches are scheduled far in advance, as you can see from the launch sechedule previously posted. However, this one was released to the public 5 days ago.... Impecable timing

-E-

The release date of the launch to the public is not when they decided to launch. I watched a number of luanches - that were well planned in advanced. They release the date based on when DOD says they can release it. The dates/times are actually classified until it is allowed to be released For security reasons.

I watched the GEO launch last year and the date/time was released days before the launch.....but it was in the works for MONTHS. Just an FYI.

[edit on 6/29/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Good points. I agree it is possible that this was conceived long before any of N. Korea's launches. But I also maintain that it is possible that the timing coinsides with the N. Korean launches.

-E-

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
NK has been testing missles and threating wars and nothing has happened to them except sanctions. This test, I think, will show them that they need to stop messing around with false threats. Kinda like a " You wanna piece of this? " move. NK is showing the world that they can launch a missle.... where and how far that missle goes is up in the air (pun intended...sorry had to do it
) The US knows all there stuff works, and they are showing NK that.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I think it's also important to note that our test missiles are not flying over Japan.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join