It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crop Circle Mystery Solved

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by dsm1664
reply to post by badw0lf

Pretty good today.

I wondered how long it would take before someone looked at my previous posts...

I never said I was, just left it open.

Deny Ignorance

Hehehe, well you can't dangle carrots like that and have a donkey like me not run after it!! I mean, if Robbie Williams is a member here and has posted, who knows who else really is here!!

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I have a theory too. Old ladies.
Have you ever seen how fast an old lady can
make a quilt with all different shapes and sizes?

I think they drive around in cars pushing the wheat over and just
let their quilting expertise take over. In the madness that ensues
grandma has created a very intricate crop circle!

[edit on 29/6/09 by toochaos4u]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Oh man, I havent laughed until I cried in quite sometime...thanks OPS...needed that.

ok, on a more serious note, its not the fact that it can be mimiced by people...hell, give me some rope and a 2x4 and I can make some damn impressive crop circles in a few hours.

The remarkable thing is simple...the stems are actually microwaved at superhigh temps for a few seconds, creating steam vents right on their sides where they bend, the plant then goes through a cellular change at the bend point, The plant, after all this abuse, remains alive and healthy, growing sideways.

Many have been reported to be magnitised also (yep, bits of metal sticks to em)...

Now...I dont care how many giant caps you drop on a field, those effects will simply not be happening. Its good that your trying to understand how things are done...thats a curious mind, but before you decide to solve the question that has been bugging some very brilliant minds (including the british navy whom tried for ages and failed to replicate said circles no matter what they did), it might be advisable to read the info on it..as to why they havent been dismissed...

we are not dealing with just some broken stalks laying down here.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Originally posted by dsm1664
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He's right, I just saw this flying in a field!

This photo is hilarious..... you wouldn't need the whole tipex, you would only need the top of it to make the print....

If you had the bottle also, you could then correct any mistakes

But I was thinking, to save gas on the balloon, you could deliver the bottle to the field in a truck ready for the balloon to pickup.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
Ok.... Now i havn't been a Crop solver for Long, in fact only around a week since joining this site but while at home today i discovered how easy it is to make an imprint of a design by using my leg to make the imprint on.... only took 10 mins to complete and i used a couple of different prints to make it.... i also believe the people responsible are using hot Air Balloons to hover over the Field and then using sticks or rods with imprints on then stamping the field like i have done on my leg!

Here are some photos of what i produced earlier....

Mystery Solved

[edit on 29-6-2009 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

[edit on 29-6-2009 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

You've got a great sense of humor. That really had me going for a second.

And if you really are serious, that is the most ridiculous claim I have ever heard. Using a hot air balloon to hover over crops and then use sticks to make the designs?

The rope and boards way is much easier and much more believable. Nice try though. And again....

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Quite an entertaining idea, but I don't think it's really plausible, however, something did just occur to me.
Has anyone logged the dates upon which these crop circles appear? are there any patterns? was the Moon overhead when each crop circle was formed? or do crop circles appear when there is no Moon overhead?
Just a thought,

Regards,

Horsegiver.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by horsegiver

There have been more than 20 in June alone. So you would be talking about an awful large anount of data in order to determine the moon phase, planet positions, sun spots, etc., for the day in which each circle appeared.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
this is the dumbest thread i have ever seen hahaha, by the way, if you are on a hot balloon hovering, and you push down to make an in print, you are surely pushing yourself up higher.... then your stick will not reach the ground to make the next in print lol ....

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
ROFL! Lessee. That explains all the extremely complex designs with heat "pops" at the bend, the metal balls, the odd radiation readings.

No, sorry. I don't think you have the answers.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

Thanks for the reply, I did not realise just how many there had been this month, I was only thinking maybe five or six. however, my line of thought was, what might be the simplest solution based on what we can prove is out there. Crop circles have been around for many years, and that only leaves the Moon as our constant overhead companion during these many years. Sattellites, and space stations, are relatively recent, and although I have seen at least four different types of UFOs quite clearly, I will never be able to prove it.
So, for me, it's either the ubiquitous 'spheres' that we see here on an almost daily basis, or possibly a 'line of sight' device based on the Moon.
any other ideas would be interesting to hear.

Regards,

Horsegiver.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I've visited several cropcircles but I've never made 1, so some of this is conjecture...
You'd think that walking through a field would leave an obvious trail, right? Actually, visiting circles, I've always been careful not to trample any more than necessary because, despite the fact that flattened crop gets picked up by a combine harvester, farmers tend to view people walking on their livelyhood as criminal damage. As Yummy said, cereal springs back up & it is possible to use the outside of foot & calf to push crop aside so as not to crush more than is stepped on. These trails are found tho, Croppies call them "underlying paths" & they are no doubt why some say 'you can tell the real from fake.'
If I wanted to make a mysterious circle, I'd hide my trail by carefully folding the crop I'd damaged, by walking on it, in the same direction as the design. This wouldn't hide my paths from 1 part of a multi-part design to another, or into & out of the field tho. For that I'd use my 5' board to push ahead thru the crop, comb it to 1 side & skip forwards, standing the other foot on top of my planted toe for balance & repeat. On the way back, I'd use my surveyors rod to comb the crop upright, thus only leaving 1 toeprint/ approx. 2 strides distance. Think about it. Flattened crop is only visible when it has space to lie down. 5 bent stalks surrounded by upright crop just lean against them: almost invisible. A rigourous survey would find those toeprints, but as I'd have taken the shortest route from crop edge to design site, so would visitors. Their own footprints would destroy any evidence.
If I wanted to get really mysterious, I'd leave some "residue": iron filings or some powdered mineral from a new age crystal shop, or wierder, powdered granite that is mildly radioactive.
Why tho?
I can respect those who do: www.circlemakers.org...
Hotair balloons? You can hear them 20 miles away & they glow @night. You might get away with it in N America: I hear you have really big fields. Have a go...

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
do some more research buddy imo propper crop circles have all the stalks bent over at the exact same height, plus in proper crop circles the crops arnt damaged at all the crops keep growing while bent over, pluss some of the biggest ones where made in less than an hour, i dare you to do that with you 'imprinting' idea.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
You could make the hop air balloon out of a translucent material as not to be seen!. I good idea bud keep using your creative mind.
kx

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
OMG, I got a great laugh. Thanks for being you! Hehehe

EDIT to laugh some more about what other people wrote. I especially like the old lady comment!!!! HAHAHA

[edit on 29-6-2009 by Here Now]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

You hammer the pegs into the UFO that pulls up to check out what you're up to. Duh!

Edit to add:

Or... you could do it by using potato shapes, like paint-print things!

But BIG ones.

Starred/no flag

[edit on 29/6/0909 by jokei]

[edit on 29/6/0909 by jokei]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Why, oh why, did this thread garner even a single response?

Do some homework, dude.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
You should do some more research into the crop circle phenomenon. Once you have it should be clear that this is not a valid solution to the crop circle mystery.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Next time you take pics I demand more skin.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
Yes i used a pen, tipex top and a usb pin to make those imprints.....

A 600ft print can easily be made from up above using the same method.... you get four or five people in a balloon and each one makes their print... the rod or stick wouldn't be heavy at all

are you out of your tiny little mind??, hot air ballon, have you flown or even seen a hot air ballon in operation?, you can't exactly steer it, if the wind blows, off you go in that direction, not exactly the method of choice now is it.

it would have made more sense if you said chopper or something, just cause you can play with your crayons, supplied by the special school or not, to make a pattern on your leg with precision does not equate to doing this on a large scale (not your leg) in the dark, in such a short period of time.

my favorite reason i heard in a long time for crop circles was the stoned wallabies in OZ

Wee Mad Mental (chuckling at the special kid)

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Well since our members can't discuss something on topic and in a civil manner without showing a little decency and common sense.

Thread Closed.

how sad.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join