It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredibles Movie - Message on the wall

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
This has been bugging me since the movie came out in 2004. At 48 minutes or so into the movie (when Mr. Incredible is in Edna's house) for much of the scene you see these figures in the wall.

I've been looking and looking, trying to figure out what they are and why they are there.

Much of Edna's house is full of Greek things having to do with the ancient heroes and Gods. I figured they might be Greek letters but I can only get the first one to fit that - zeta.

Hopefully this is a good enough picture for you all to see.

What are the symbols and why are they there? Anyone know?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e29ec68db3b0.jpg[/atsimg]

edited to add - I found this site discussing it a bit, but no one came to a conclusion.

[edit on 6/29/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Looks like
Upsilon Upsilon (either of those possibly sigma) Omicron and Nu.
But it looks like they're in a mirror.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
it looks like a drawing of some ancient greek looking characters drawn by an animator who doesn't care to much because it's a background used once about half way through a movie, but i can't be sure, it might also be the masonic key to the gates of hell, it's hard to tell without a better picture.
if i had to bet on it, like if there was a gun to my head i'ld say it's photo shopped.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
it looks like a drawing of some ancient greek looking characters drawn by an animator who doesn't care to much because it's a background used once about half way through a movie, but i can't be sure, it might also be the masonic key to the gates of hell, it's hard to tell without a better picture.
if i had to bet on it, like if there was a gun to my head i'ld say it's photo shopped.

Dang it!

I put those keys to hell down in the lodge and never could find'em! NOW i know who has'em!!!

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by pieman

No, the symbols are in the movie. Every time we've watched the movie here at home we see them, loud and clear, in the movie. We've always wondered what the heck they were and we can't figure it out.

Considering the number of geeks, nerds, and egg heads here (I say that with love and admiration
) I figured SOMEONE here would know what these symbols are and why they are in the movie.

Like I said - I'm guessing Greek since the first one looks like Zeta.

But that's as far as I've gotten.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
No, the symbols are in the movie.

it was a joke, all be it with the humor removed.
they do look greek, maybe even aramaic. might be some sort of in joke, says darwin or something. here's a good resource for alphabets which might help. arameic is actually the closest i've found.

[edit on 29/6/09 by pieman]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Some animators or graphic artists put their own "brand" on their work. Most of the time it's subtle and unless you're looking for it, you don't see it. This possibly could be the case. Kind of like when an artist signs his/her work.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
So ... no one knows for sure? I've been trying to figure it out.
Best I can come up with is some greek letters but mirrored imaged?
Cartoonists initials? Dunno.

top topics

join