It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Electronic Quantum Processor Created

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   

First Electronic Quantum Processor Created

www.sciencedaily.com

A team led by Yale University researchers has created the first rudimentary solid-state quantum processor, taking another step toward the ultimate dream of building a quantum computer.

They also used the two-qubit superconducting chip to successfully run elementary algorithms, such as a simple search, demonstrating quantum information processing with a solid-state device for the first time. Their findings will appear in Nature's advanced online publication June 28.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
It may be early days yet but if they can get these to perform in the way that they are reputed to be capable of then they will be making a serious step forwards in chip technology, no doubt it will take a decade maybe even more before they are perfected but it seems like this is a significant step in the right direction?

www.sciencedaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Most definetly...everything would be instant,it would revolutionize the world to put it lightly.The only problem is when you get down to the quantum level everything is a bit chaotic and unstable.Im pretty sure the military have already cracked it though if im being honest...it wont be in the public domain for 20 to 25 years or so though imo.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
it wont be in the public domain for 20 to 25 years or so though imo.

It will undoubtedly take some time for it to become available to the public, the military and big business will rake off the first batches for themselves no doubt

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
It's 2009 and I'm still waiting for my jetpack.

I wonder if they can get a "Stimulus Grant" for personal jetpack research?

new topics

top topics

join