It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1948-Pilot Dies chasing UFO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
ufos.about.com...

The United States Air Force was soon on the scene, and they immediately knew what had happened, or so they said. Their first lame assumption was that the crew was chasing the planet Venus. That theory was quickly dismissed after it was overtly criticized. So the Air Force soon had a second theory: The crew must have been chasing a "Skyhook" balloon. This theory was also dismissed when it was learned that no "Skyhook" was launched that day. What Mantell was chasing that fateful day has never been adequately explained by anything of this Earth.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   
This was a classic UFO chase case. There are lots of others out there from that era. There is a book called 'Shoot Them Down - The Flying Saucer Air Wars Of 1952' by Frank Feschino. I've read it. It's filled with loads of UFO chases......

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
jkrog08 did a very comprehensive thread about this a few weeks ago.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Sam60

I did a search but it came up with no results, looking at thread now

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

It's a really interesting case.

He covered it very well.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by stevcolx
This was a classic UFO chase case. There are lots of others out there from that era. There is a book called 'Shoot Them Down - The Flying Saucer Air Wars Of 1952' by Frank Feschino. I've read it. It's filled with loads of UFO chases......

Here is the interview that Friedman and Freshcino gave about the events of those years which are covered in that book.

*It is an enjoyable interview - lots of neat stuff.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Pity I can't access youtube at work. Sounds interesting. Oh well have to wait a few weeks before I get home!!

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
what about the Battle Of Los Angeles it was never debunked.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Picollo30

If you do an ATS search you'll find a number of threads about the "Battle of LA" wherein you'll find some very interesting discussion about that event.

If you read those threads, you'll see there are many areas of doubt that make you think about about whether or not it was an extraterrestrial event.

Either way, it's a very interesting case.

new topics

top topics

join