It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea 'healthier' drink than water

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
"Drinking three or more cups of tea a day is as good for you as drinking plenty of water and may even have extra health benefits, say researchers."

news.bbc.co.uk...

Us Brits are healthier than everyone else then

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Boiling water concentrates flouride. Tea has caffine in it, plus god knows what else from the drying process.

call me an old fashioned conspiracy theorist, but I don't trust major news outlets.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Instead of drink something like 8 glasses of water a day, it we will have to drink 8 cups of tea a day!

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
The study was also sponsored by the Tea foundation.

I love tea, I'm from England and we drink Yorkshire tea nowadays, you cant beat a cup of tea

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Yeah but most people use crappy tea in tea bags.If we are talking good quality loose tea i might be inclined to agree...

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Ive donse some studying recently on tea..Yes, tea, especailly dark and red teas have lots of fluoride in them. Try Essiac tea...its expsensive though$20 an oz. andup! BUt is suposed to have theraputic and cancer ridding propertys! That is allegid, not necessarliy a fact. I have done reading on essiac tea.(my cat has stomach cnacer adn wanna try this stuff). Ive rad people who had cats wtih stomach cancer, colon cancer.vet doc gave the cats 3 to 4 months top. Essiac tea was administered to cat..cancer disappeared and they lived many more years, leving the vet docs in shock and awe..

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

Yes but tea has calcium fluoride which is naturally occuring,much much much safer than sodium fluoride.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Yes, i didnt point that out solomn..you are correct
The thing about main amrket teas, aka lipton, for example are manufactured at corporate business.. so i guess from what ive read here,t heirs a fear, big corporate places might have added go knows what kinda fluoride..

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Yes...You and the Chinese.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I usually drink 4 cups of green & white tea daily. Mortality rates have been proven to drop from drinking tea. It's especially striking in females. I remember a report a while back stating that for each two cups of black tea, an ~20% decrease in stroke was found.

Teas and spring water are my only main drinks.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Man you wouldn't believe how good green tea is for you!

To sum up, here are just a few medical conditions in which drinking green tea is reputed to be helpful:

- cancer
- rheumatoid arthritis
- high cholesterol levels
- cariovascular disease
- infection
- impaired immune function

chinesefood.about.com...

Might I also add that it increases thermogenises, in which you metabolism speeds up and you see substantial weight loss!

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Want to know the real reason you should all be drinking tea.

Here you have it.

Tea

In their drive to fluoridate the public water supplies, dental health officials continue to pretend that no other sources of fluoride exist. This notion becomes absurd when one looks at the fluoride content in tea. Tea is very high in fluoride because tea leaves accumulate more fluoride (from pollution of soil and air) than any other edible plant.49,50,51 It is well established that fluoride in tea gets absorbed by the body in a manner similar to the fluoride in drinking water.49,52

Fluoride content in tea has risen dramatically over the last 20 years due to industry contamination. Recent analyses have revealed a fluoride content of 17.25 mg per teabag or cup in black tea, and a whopping 22 mg of soluble fluoride ions per teabag or cup in green tea. Aluminum content was also high--over 8 mg. Normal steeping time is five minutes. The longer a tea bag steeped, the more fluoride and aluminum were released. After ten minutes, the measurable amounts of fluoride and aluminum almost doubled.53

A website by a pro-fluoridation infant medical group states that a cup of black tea contains 7.8 mgs of fluoride54 which is the equivalent amount of fluoride from 7.8 litres of water in an area fluoridated at 1ppm. Some British and African studies from the 1990s showed a daily fluoride intake of between 5.8 mgs and 9 mgs a day from tea alone.55, 56, 57 Tea has been found to be a primary cause of dental fluorosis in many international studies.58-70

In Britain, over three-quarters of the population over the age of ten years consumes three cups of tea per day.71Yet the UK government and the British Dental Association are currently contemplating fluoridation of public water supplies! In Ireland, average tea consumption is four cups per day and the drinking water is heavily fluoridated.

Next to water, tea is the most widely consumed beverage in the world. Tea can be found in almost 80 percent of all US households and on any given day, nearly 127 million people--half of all Americans--drink tea.71

The high content of both aluminum and fluoride in tea is cause for great concern as aluminum greatly potentiates fluoride's effects on G protein activation,72 the on/off switches involved in cell communication and of absolute necessity in thyroid hormone function and regulation.

www.westonaprice.org...

All tea leaves contain fluoride; however, mature leaves contain as much as 10 to 20 times the fluoride levels of young leaves from the same plant. In general, the level of fluoride in tea is inversely related to the EGCG contents: the more EGCG, the less fluoride. White tea contains less fluoride than green tea and black tea, because it is made of buds and young leaves only.

The fluoride content of tea depends directly on the fluoride content of the soil in which it is grown; tea plants absorbs this element at a greater rate than other plants. Care in the choice of the location where the plant is grown may reduce the risk.

According to Andreas Schuld of the Canadian Parents of Fluoride Poisoned Children, tea is very high in fluoride content, much higher than the Maximum Contaminant Level (MCL) set for fluoride in drinking water.
Decaffeinated teas have an even higher fluoride content, which is thought to be due to high fluoride levels in the water used in decaffeination. According to Schuld, fluoride could reduce the anti-cancer properties of tea, or even possibly cause cancer at continued toxic levels of the mineral. For instance, Schuld references a 1998 study which found positive correlation between colon cancer and tea intake. The high fluoride content could also cause neurological and renal damage, especially in the presence of aluminum. Additionally, the high fluoride content could cause osteoporosis, arthritis, skeletal fluorosis and other bone disorders.

On the other hand, drinking moderate amounts of fluoride is beneficial for teeth.

en.wikipedia.org...

Of course, if you like tea so much that you would rather believe MSM nonsense then feel free to help yourself.
Do not moan when you are sitting in a queue at an NHS hospital in agony with some form of life threatening illness wondering where it came from. What good is a nice smile going to do for you then?

You were warned.

[edit on 29-6-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
You could always just drink yerba mate which is better for you than green tea,has higher amounts of minerals,vitamins,anti-oxidants and is a milder stimulant than coffee because theobromine is the main active.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

Red Tea is not even made from the Tea leaf it's from some sort African Bush; I found that out the hard way with an allergic reaction. Black, Green, Oolong, White are made from Tea Leaves.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
"Drinking three or more cups of tea a day is as good for you as drinking plenty of water and may even have extra health benefits, say researchers."

news.bbc.co.uk...

I'm American, I like tea just as much as the next guy. I drink a lot of iced tea though and hot tea every now and again.

Brits = Tea time

Yanks = Coffee Break

Brits 1

Yanks 0

top topics

join