It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Activists sail to Gaza with aid, defying Israel

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Activists sail to Gaza with aid, defying Israel

www.washingtonpost.com

Reuters
Monday, June 29, 2009; 3:57 AM

LARNACA, Cyprus (Reuters) - International activists sailed from Cyprus Monday in a bid to deliver aid to the Palestinian population in Gaza, in defiance of a sea blockade by Israel.

A group of 21 activists from the U.S.-based Free Gaza Movement left the Cypriot port of Larnaca early Monday morning for a 30-hour journey on a small ferry bedecked with brightly coloured flags including a rainbow flag for peace.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.aol.com.au

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I'm happy to read that someone is making an effort to help the Palestinians in Gaza. After Hamas took control of the region, the Israelis tightened their blockade on the place. These people need to get supplies such as medicine. One would think that the Israelis would let in humanitarian supplies but apparently these International Activists have tried twice already and been turned back. They even gave advanced notice to Israel that they were coming, with a measly three tonnes of supplies, and were told that they would not be allowed to enter. The Israelis won't make anything easier for the Palestinians, all they needed to do was give the Activists permission to deliver their cargo after it was inspected, but they won't even do that. What seems to be wrong with these people, they have no compassion for women and children? They could at least use this as a bargaining tool to prevent any future rocket attacks etc. but they simply refused entry...

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Oatmeal

No surprise here! Just par for the course... but as many here would have us believe, Israel do nothing to warrant a few firecrackers being shot in their direction... nothing at all! They're just a kind, humanitarian country who do no wrong.

Just ask them!

IRM

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Well, feeding people doesn't help in manufacturing terrorists. Helping them does no good to war industry, and making them feel like someone cares about them does not speed up destruction of their spirits.

But, it's good there are some who are trying to help, showing that we are capable of great compassion as well. I bet there are many who slip by the guards too.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
So they refuse to abide by the warning, If israel decided to blow them out of the water, they will have no on to blame but themselves. Will it create in international incident. Not at all, it willbe a cover up as per usual.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Y'all are a bunch of anti-Semites for not supporting Israel's cause to wipe out the Palestinian vermin!!

[edit on 29-6-2009 by Sarkazmon]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Yeah!!
That's right!
It's their fault for standing up to a bully!

I'm sure you would have said the same to Sir William Wallace standing up to English oppression.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
So they refuse to abide by the warning, If israel decided to blow them out of the water, they will have no on to blame but themselves. Will it create in international incident. Not at all, it willbe a cover up as per usual.

Passengers include former U.S. congresswoman Cynthia McKinney, Nobel Peace Prize laureate Mairead Corrigan Maquire and other activists from the Britain, Ireland, Bahrain and Jamaica. Kysia says each passenger is also carrying a kilogram (2.2 pounds) of cement, an olive tree sapling, a water purifier, school materials and construction tools in a symbolic gesture of solidarity with Gaza's 1.4 million people.

I hope Israel doesn't blow our congresswoman, carrying school supplies, out of the water...might create an incident.

[edit on 29-6-2009 by Oatmeal]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk

Blow them out of the water? I dare them. You are a cold hearted human being, you and your Israeli peers, and I WANT to see them try that Liberty # again, we'd see who gets blown out of the waters, I'll be front-line. Don't you get it? Nobody respects Israel because Israel is a terrorist state, its just that the US and UN are waiting forever to put their name on the list. I applaud this movement, and I hope they continue to defy Israel if a child, woman's or man's life is saved. Anyone who opposes this is a sick creature. And PS Israel, you can't do # to America.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Ludde

Oh do try and hurt me with your personal attacks. I am no more lower human being than you are.

And who says I support Israel. You just make assumptions based on what? An opinion. Get over yourself already.

I am just saying if israel decided to blow them out of the water, the incident would be covered up. The powers that be in the US of A would make sure of it.

[edit on 29-6-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Those supplies will probaly go straight to Hamas.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I think laura was being sarcastic,but my sarcastic radar aint what it used to be.Anyway this is nothing new,course you will get the same replies from israel and the israeli's can do no wrong crowd.While Israel controls the borders,airspace and coast of gaza.Stop shipments of staple foods like pasta as it can be used for making bombs,all the while Israel is gladly accepting 3000 tonnes of ammunition from america.Stops legitimate aid agencies from delivering aid,bombing the crap out of them,using farmers that are trying to tend to their crops as target practice,building illegal settlements...then everyone wonders why they shoot their pathetic home made bottle rockets at Israel in an act of desperation.

[edit on 29-6-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Oh I agree, hamas will get the supplies, and those innocent people is palestine will see zilch nothing. Hamas will use these supplies for thier own pupose.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Actually I was being sarcastic, just show how everyone is quick enough to jump on the anti Israel/jewish banner.

Ops forgot to add the sacarsm part at the ending of my posting. Oh Sue me

[edit on 29-6-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
What i dont understand is when Hamas rockets Israel its ok but when Israel fire back everyone goes crazy! If Hamas want an end to conflict they have to stop attacking a far more powerfull country.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Killing civilians in any situation is wrong,the only difference is Israel holds all the cards and is not using them.btw there have been cease fires before yet israel still had a blockade on gaza,controlled its airspace,borders and coast,still had the illegal settlements and occupied their land,much of it farmland.Let me ask what you would do if a foreign country was doing the same to the UK? the last cease fire was broken by an israeli airstrike.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Fire back, what would you do if cuba fired rockets at the us coast?

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   

I would look at the reasons why cuba was firing rockets in the first place,and you make a good point as to why they are firing pitiful homemade rockets at a country that has the latest military technology receives one fifth of all american aid sent out each year and has a large economy..its called desperation.Im from the uk btw.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Hamas is an american puppet
why else would america send hundreds of millions of dollars to him??

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I don't know about now,but its speculated that hamas was a mossad creation to counter arafat's influence. www.globalresearch.ca...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join