It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transparency you need it 2012.. Questions answered by a professional.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Questions Answer- 2012..

astrobiology.nasa.gov

Stories about the fictional planet Nibiru and predictions of doomsday in December 2012 have blossomed on the Internet. There are now (June 2009) more than 175 books listed on Amazon.com dealing with the 2012 doomsday. As this hoax spreads, many more disaster scenarios are being suggested. “Ask an Astrobiologist” has received nearly a thousand questions about Nibiru and 2012, with more than 200 answers posted. Many new questions are similar to those already answered. Following is a.....
(visit the link for the full news article)

Please flag to help ease the anxiety

Related News Links:
www.instituteforhumancontinuity.org
www.badastronomy.com
astrobiology.nasa.gov

[edit on 29-6-2009 by Avionix]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Essentially I feel there is so much hype surrounding 2012. There are thousands of websites claiming it to be the end of days, there is also a movie coming out preying on peoples fears.. and also on top of that a website designated as a "survival lottery" (which is just a viral advertising campaign for 2012 movie).. This hype is in my opinion is crazy. I was once a believer of such things could happen, but i took a reality check and did some research to ease my anxiety. All you need is the facts. I am not one for mass hysteria, I am not one that wants to be influenced by fear mongers, I am however laying out the facts for you people that need some answers and peace of mind

I Feel we are safe no matter what our future holds. Life will always continue- If not in this realm, we will surely experience the next...

astrobiology.nasa.gov
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
This whole article reads like the song 'do a little side step'. How many times can Wikipedia be mentioned?

It doesn't give NASA sources, or really any credible sources. Why should anyone believe this?

I will not, on this thread, say what I do or do not believe about Nibiru, but this particular article is no argument against it.

edit to add: I also find it a little odd that you just created an account today with ATS, and come here with a bold attempt to disinfo.

I know the original link is to NASA, but once you are on it, the info it gives is all 'google and wikipedia'
[edit on 29-6-2009 by space cadet]

[edit on 29-6-2009 by space cadet]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Avionix

The irony with the 2012 believers is that many of them probably had a laugh about the poor hicks that freaked out with Orson Wells broadcast of 'War of the Worlds', thinking it was real... yet here they are running around like Chicken Little crying "The Sky Is Falling".

IRM

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

you talk about disinfo - ok - answer me one question , are both , one [ if so which ] or none of these claims true :

claim one : nibiru is only visible from the south pole , thats why they built the SPT , to monitor it

claim two : google sky [ and other astro programs ] are " cencored " with a large area deleted - this is to hide nibiru from view

these are both claims made by the ` nibiru is coming ` brigade

you want disinfo - just study the maya calender - it makes no claim for anything happening in 2012 - this date is simply the last date they calculated and published

its akin to believing the world will end on 1st feburary 2010 because thats when your wall calender ends

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Its not just that the calander ends, it's much more complex, its about moving up a lvl of conciousness, there pyramids were built around conciousness, the leader at the top was thought of having the highest lvl of thought and logic. But why 2012? And why do other civilisations point to this date?

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   

edit to add: I also find it a little odd that you just created an account today with ATS, and come here with a bold attempt to disinfo.

I have been a member for 3 months now bud. Get your facts straight. I have watch numerous documentaries on niburu and 2012. I for one think you are a little nieve. Im not one for disinfo either thankyou, just my opinion.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   

"Its not just that the calander ends, it's much more complex, its about moving up a lvl of conciousness, there pyramids were built around conciousness, the leader at the top was thought of having the highest lvl of thought and logic. But why 2012? And why do other civilisations point to this date?"

There is no "higher" "magical" state that will be thrusted upon you on the date of Dec 21, 2012.. It is logical to believe that if one wants to attain this "state" its already within you.. The people who think they will just get this euphoric feeling or higher consiousness are cheating themselves.. Where is the glory or the sense of achievment just magically receiving this great gift which you have not even worked for.

Logically and Spiritually thinking you are cheating your self. To get anything in the real world- you have to work hard!! Go and be nice to some stranger, give to others your services and love, spend time with your family, look past cosmetic beauty of one another and focus your attentions to peoples actions. These are examples of the higher consiousness you already enjoy being a human!!

People these days expect everything on a silver platter!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Ive visited many mayan ruins throughout central America, spoken to guides and locals about 2012. The all say it's nonsense and has no meaning whatsoever. Now I am more inclined to believe those people than posters on a conspiracy website. It's embarrassing to see the amount of people falling for this.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
2012 , what a load of BS, the Mayans did have a very complex calender , but their civilisation was wiped out before their history and mythology was.
We have their records and only recently deceiphered them to some extent.

Their calender expires on ( based on OUR calculations incorporating OUR calender) 21st Decenber 2012.

Please don't forget that our current calander expired on Dec31st 1999 and look at the hype that followed it, mass hysteria and 'planes were going to fall out of the sky, computers would crash casuing mass debt etc'.

Part of being human IS being paranoid about something you have no control over, this time it's TIME.

I , myself try to be prepared for most eventualities, but something planetary , such as Niburu ( snort) are a myth helped along by the internet and our ability to communicate ones ideas, hopes, desires and fears at near light speed. The world is ALWAYS on the brink of destruction , from space, from the sun, from flooding and from US.
But it doesn't stop us going about our daily lives as if nothing else matters.

The only way we will know for certain is that something will be TOO BIG for the media to contain, akin to the film 'the Knowing' where the giveaway was the rising temperatures signalling a solar flare of huge magnitudes.
We are being bombarded almost minutely ( if there is such a word) by space debris, asteroids, pebbles , dust from space, the vast majority burns up in the atmosphere and is sometimes noticed by the person looking in the right direction at the right time, but maybe one day we might not be so lucky, a big one may hit us, after all its a cosmic game of billiards, with gravity pockets adjusting the paths of rocks in spaaaace..
There is no point designating a date to something that may or may not happen, rest assured though and this ISN'T a prophesy, people WILL die on 21st DEC 2012, and everyday before that no matte what 'end of days' date is thrown out in the world wide web. ITs called a part of life, being called DEATH. We all will have death no matter how fit or well we are, theres no escaping it.

We might even kill ourselves off before 2012 happens though as mans quest for the almighty penny seems to be driving us to war with our neighbours, over the smallest insults it seems these days .

One day we might actually realise how stupid we have all been ( you and I included as we chase after the next penny ourselves trying to hold down jobs and pay the bills), in my ideal world we'd have reached a point of evolution or at least civilisation where we'd have spread our seed around incase something happens to the homeowrld, but we are seemingly destined to fight amongst ourselves instead, bickering over oil reserves, whilst keeping worthwhile knowledge hidden from the masses, knowledge that actually can make a difference to all, instead its kep by a few for the few.

Should any planetary event happen in 2011, 2012 or any other date the 'few' will make sure they are ok and well looked after, whereas the rest of us will suffer, and thats the way we like it , isn't it?
I say that simply because we are all to lazy to get off our backsides and do anything for ourselves, we'd rather someone else do it for us.

We'd rather worry about 2012 and MJ dying and who's won Americas got talent than worry about each other.
Maybe we do need to worry about something minor to keep the focus off each other and make us more paranoid over a trivial non-event, and people spewing nonsense about 2012 isn't helping, even the Alien aspect isn't helping, what alien would give us clues about whats going to happen and not actually do anything to prevent it.
Sure maybe they could tell us something , X is going to hit on / around ( insert date here), but what can we do about it? Nothing, we can't leave the planet we're on can we? we're not advanced enough yet too busy fighting amongst ourselves, and since the advent of the internet is accelerated paranoia a thousand fold seeing as we all are concerned about something, mainly money and the credit crisis.

All I can say is , in that the year 1009 I bet they weren't concerned about the end of the world in 1012 were they?

[edit on 29/6/09 by DataWraith]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
The question is what do we really know? The answer is that what we think we know, is based on the current limits of science vs. ancient texts and images that 'seem' to contradict the former.

Now, I'm no scientist myself but I feel reasonably certain that contemporary knowledge is not the Holy Grail for all that there is to be known. Applying that as my personal mile marker, I cannot simply disregard the various 2012 theories. To do so would itself be a sin to human curiosity and learning... something that science has long professed to support.

In the end, there may well be nothing to that date and that year but... can any of us, stoked with any degree of learning, claim to have all the answers to all the questions? Short of that milestone, who are we then to dismiss anything without first admitting our ignorance?

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
In order to completely discredit the entire "2012" scenario you need to include a lot more than just about Niburu or some planet x.

The reason that there is so much information regarding 2012 is because unlike other doomsday predictions, 2012 is filled will information stemming from all sorts of studies:

Mayans
Hopi
Sumerians
Atlantis
Astrology
Crop Circles
Egyptians
Niburu
Polar shift / magnetosphere loss
Nostradamus
Bible
Quaran
Sunspot Cycle
Timewave Zero

In order to say that you have completely debunked 2012 in its entirety, I think you would need to include information on all of it. Not just the dismissal of Planet X.

Unlike Y2K, which was completely centered around technology, 2012 has caught hold because you need only believe in one of the above to begin to allow your mind to wonder what could happen.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Be it good or bad, I'm completely loving the 2012 ideas..

So many different exapmles of 'what could be' that it just boggles the mind and nobody really knows what will or wont happen.

I got 2012 in my avatar mixed with the monolith from '2001 a space odysey' and I've played with the words a bit..

I've even just made a little film on 2012
ATS 2012, The Final Days

I dont sway towards the doom and gloom or to the 'nothing will happen' brigades.. I'm quite happy to sit back and find out in all good time.

As someone said above this post, it wont matter if we all suddenly get popped off in one mass.. we may carry on in a spiritual form..we may get reincarnated.. we may all have been cloned by aliens already and living on another plkanet.. we just simply don't know.. but life, in one form or other, will continue and we have little say over our physical lives as to when it should be extinguished.

Heck, we could get to the 19th 12th 2012 and just pop our clogs naturally and we'd have been just a bit too early to find out what wouyld happen..so why worry..

Personally, I'd love for another planet to swing by.. This race we call Humanity and its manufactured society needs a good shake up and a loud wake up call...

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Many a time my wife has said exactly what you have, that Mankind needs a big slap across the back of the legs as its a very naughty child, and she's not even a 2012'er.
We need a comon foe to focus our efforts on, divide and conquer and all that, if we had a goal to attain to , like reach for the stars in the heavens and not look at the stars on TV ,then maybe this world wouldn't be in as much of a mess it is.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

Let's say, just for pure entertainment and discussion value, that there really is going to be some catostrophic event in 2012.... but only you and I knew about it..

How the heck would we go about proving it, get the facts made public, organise a mass evacuation to another planet/space station?

We simply couldn't.

How many years would it take scientists to pour over our data?
How many years would it take the facts to be accepted by the worlds governments?
How long would it take to get this information to everyone on the planet?
Many people still do not have a TV, Radio, Telephone or even electricity.
How many years would it take to build a space ship/station to evacuate everyone?

It would be far simpler for those 'in the know' (be they TPTB or even you and I) to dig a very deep hole and hope we get lucky..

Evacuating 6 billion people is just far too much of an economy buster in this current society.. too much of a gamble from a bankers point of view, especially if there was a flaw in the data and 2012 never actually happens..
Oooops, we made a miscalculation in our own calender.. 2012 was actually 7 years ago.. ah well, there goes umpteen zillion dollars poured into a space ship that is just gonna sit and rust.. oh heck, everyone is starving, rioting, pillaging etc etc.. We messed up real good... bought into that conspiracy stuff.. that'll teach us... well, it wont but who cares anyway..

Yes, we are wasting time...as you say, wasting time watching the stars on the TV instead of reaching the stars in the sky. Our priorities are way out of whack.. but that kinda hapopens in a slave based system...

OOOhhh... there's a good new conspiracy theory...
Is the ISS (International Space Station) a secret refuge for the most "powerful/Elite"?
It's offworld and would survive almost anything bar Earth exploding...

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
The title of the thread made me think you were discussing the transparency that comes with the consciousness shift of 2012 for individuals. Dang.

Anyways 2012 is a movement, something that has been ongoing for quite a while. We are moving towards a zero point for the planet. There will be a harvest for everyone. The Earth is graduating to the fourth density. Each entity is determining which of the three paths they want to choose for their upcoming times.

People are prophesising negativity in regards to 2012 to generate a negative harvest. The truth is not to be exposed.

The Mayans have many calendars which one of happens to be ending in 2012. They do not say the world is coming to an end. However, there knowledge of the harvest is being supressed. They were fully aware that every 25,000 years there is a harvest cycle. The past two cycles, those that were ready for harvest chose to stay on the planet to assist others in their quest to be harvested.

It's only a matter of time. Which path are you going to take?

new topics

top topics

join