It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noahs Ark, Fable?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
Not to be rude or anything but your grasping at straws and making excuses for obvious holes in the fable. This is where faith becomes kinda silly.

IRM

You may not be rude, but you got a wrong impression of my post.

I had to use words like 'possibility' 'may' and 'don't know'. Those aren't certain words, got ya! Cheers and peace!

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

I think the flood might have happened.

All I do know is that we are always being lied to and I am sick of it.

If you put any so-called world leader through a truth test, they would fail.

But I am coming around to thinking that parts of the Bible may be correct -for example, finding the ark on Mount Ararat....or that, too, may be a lie.

So I don't know how we will ever arrive at the truth.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Lannock

That's not what the Catholic Church teaches. The Bible was Spirit-inspired, but not written by God. It was written by man. Therefore, the way it's interpreted is not always correct.

However, this is what I was taught about the seven days of creation:
The seven days of creation were not literal days. The Bible is full of symbolism, including numerology. The number seven is very symbolic, meaning completion, creation, covenant. It's made up of the numbers three and four, three representing God, and four representing man. In other words, seven represents God's relationship with man, and in the case of Genesis, represents God's creation of man.

As to your later question as to whether the flood story is a parable, some people interpret it that way. There are ways in which the Bible was written to tell which stories are parable and which ones aren't. In other languages, there are tenses other than past, present, and future. One tense used in many languages, which the English language lacks, is a tense for storytelling. Therefore, only Biblical scholars and linguists can tell you which parts to take literally, and which parts to take figuratively. That's one reason as to why interpretation outside the Catholic Church was condemned for so long.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

The emergence of the "Nephilim" was what brought about the Flood of Noah.

There most likely were not the massive number of "Yah-created" animals that you seem to think that there were. This is ATS... aliens/demonic hybrids are "legal" topics here on this board. Just as there are "alien/demonic hybrids" so too are there demonic genetically altered creatures from insects to mammals.... and probably also genetically modified "plant" life.

Noah only took those creatures which Yah made. The number of Yah created creatures taken on Noah's Ark were far less than what has been thought to have been "saved".

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Ship builders use the model to base thier ships on .
small animals are smaller still when thier babies and need less food.
Heres one for you the ark was desighened to house many people and feed familys so it was big enough to do so?
They thnk they found the ark on the (mountains ) of Arrack.
there are many breeds of dogs that came from 1 dog same as cats horsesand so forth.Mabey that will clear up some issue .cheers mate

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
100 years is enough to find and trap all the animals you could and I think Noah was a small king but nabey that was after every one died . Also theres talk that the water on Mars was used to raise the water level.
god shut the doorthey all had wifes all were probly prego.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
May I ask you this, say we find a bizarre snail like creature on hmmmmm.... mercury (he's got a big shell for the heat!) how would you process that?

I actually expect us to find something not necessarily exactly what you said, but something as monumental, lol. That question might not be the right one for you to lay it out. Now if you were to ask what I would do if I found out Satan was the creator and the one true god I believe in was not I would probably be sh'''''g my pants, lol.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
Noahs Ark, Fable?

YES.

It's either totally made up, or it's based upon a true story that happened so long ago that the real facts were screwed up and what we have left is the Noahs Ark story of today.

Floods? Yes.

A 'Noahs Ark' full of animals that gathered themselves together from around the world? NO

If polar bears and kangaroos lives on Mt. Ararat today, then I'd reconsider. Otherwise - the science says NO ARK.

Something else probably happened and, through the years, the story got twisted into what we hear today.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I guess it is possible for someone to survive in a boat from a massive flood. As others have said though it is just impossible that someone could have gathered every single animal. If it happened it is more likely that he took his cattle and other animals with him, that would make a lot more sense.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
what is so hard to believe? everyone knows that a six hundred year old man can build a big boat then gather up 2 of every animal. all he had to do was go to all of the continents and whistle through his teeth to get the animals to form a line and enter the ark. imagine what he could have done if he had power tools.

[edit on 29/6/09 by Brain Damaged]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Well I believe in the Noah & the Ark, because Jesus confirmed the account when he came to the earth, and since he was an eye witness from heaven of the whole thing, it's no parable, this is a literal event that happened.

Matthew 24 verses 36-39

36 “No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. 37 As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 38 For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; 39 and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.

You either believe the bible and Jesus or you don't, it's simple really.

Furthermore it is warning for our time period.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmallManGeorge
I guess it is possible for someone to survive in a boat from a massive flood. As others have said though it is just impossible that someone could have gathered every single animal. If it happened it is more likely that he took his cattle and other animals with him, that would make a lot more sense.

It's impossible for Noah, yes. But he had help.

Genesis 6:20:

"Two of every kind of bird, of every kind of animal and of every kind of creature that moves along the ground will come to you to be kept alive."

The only thing he did is allow and guide the animals to the ark. He didn't gather them personally from all continents...

Now blame the one who helped Noah for doing the impossible, not him! You guys are so unbelievable!

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

But you seemed to have ignored some very good points that the OP made. You see this is the thing with most Christians (no meaning you). We, that don't believe in God get told all of these fairy tales and is presented with proof that defies all logic.

The OP view on this issue is parallel with mine and just about every other Atheist on this planet and our views are based on science and things we can see and touch. We know prehistoric man existed so how can Adam And Eve be the first two humans on earth?

Your only proof is a book written by a flawed creation. Look at it this way, if I walked up to you on the street and asked you to join me because I turn dirt into gold and other amazing things, would you believe me without proof?

That's my point and this is the impasse we find ourselves in today, Christians want us to believe things that they can't show proof of, and want us to believe things that just don't add up.

One last example, based on the three age system, how did Tubal Cain invent smelting? A technology that was practice some 8000 years ago.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join