It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone know anybody who has actually died from the regular flu?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
So they tell us 36,000 people die a year in the US from the regular flu. I don't know if I really believe that number. I have never had a family member, friend, or anyone close to my friends die from the regular flu. My mother and grandmother both have worked at schools their whole life and they have never heard of a kid at their school dying from the flu.

So have any of you ever had a family member, friend, friend of friend, etc die from the regular flu? Hearing of people on news does not count.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Most people that die from the regular flu have chronic respiratory or cardiovascular conditions, which are made worse by influenza. Its not really the flu that kills them, its the other stuff

Its very unlikely that children over the age of two will die from the flu. Its normally the very old, very young, the pregnant, and the sick that are affected badly.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

so then your answer would be no? you dont know anyone.

I don't know anyone either....

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Neither do I, nor do I know anybody who has ever known anyone who died from the flu either.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Maybe I should have posted this in general for more views.

So Weatherman, do you know anyone who had died from the flu but had underlying problems?

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Yes I know a lady who was 56 perfectly healthy.
Got the flu, went to bed, was found dead 2 days later.
Was no heart attack or anything, it was influenza that killed her.
Fever and quick onset pneumonia.
Perhaps if she went to the hospital she might have survived.
But most people when sick just go to bed because they don't think they are that sick.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I've also never come across anyone who has even contracted the swine flu, let alone died from it ... and neither have any of my friends or relatives.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Hmm thats quite and interesting question... To be honest i dont think i have came across anyone who has died of Flu, Odd stuff now i think about it?

I may just have to ask this question around my friends and see what they say also.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Kingfanpaul

Sure, I see a lot. Typically it is someone with an already weakened system. The Flu or a simple infection can do someone in when that happens. Same thing with the Swine flu. It typically kills only those who are already weakened, it is more potent as well.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kingfanpaul
Maybe I should have posted this in general for more views.

So Weatherman, do you know anyone who had died from the flu but had underlying problems?

Well actually I sort of do, it was a school friends mother. She had cancer and was recieving chemotherapy. She died from the flu, as her immune system was extremely low, due to the cancer and the subsequent treatment

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I work in the medical field and I have seen people die of a lot of unbelievable things, including the regular flu. I have seen two people die from ear piercings and 2 people die of alcohol intoxication. I think the weirdest case was the lady that died from drinking too much water.

As strange as it may seem, lots of people die of the flu every year.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by afoolbyanyothername
I've also never come across anyone who has even contracted the swine flu, let alone died from it ... and neither have any of my friends or relatives.

I was referring to the regular flu, not if you knew anyone who had died from swine flu.

Originally posted by SpiritoftheNightSky

I work in the medical field and I have seen people die of a lot of unbelievable things, including the regular flu. I have seen two people die from ear piercings and 2 people die of alcohol intoxication. I think the weirdest case was the lady that died from drinking too much water.

As strange as it may seem, lots of people die of the flu every year.

Yeah I have heard of people dying from drinking too much water. Usually I hear it's because they take some Ecstacy and are so worried about dehydration that they drink so much water they basically kinda drown themselves without going underwater.

So being that you work in the medical field do you think the 36,000 deaths from regualr influenza are exaggerated numbers?

I would bet it's probably more like a couple thousand.... maybe... die from influenza and the rest are people with cancer or aids or some other serious condition where they are already close to death and the flu just pushes them over.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I don't think people really die from the flu itself, but complications. I had a very good friend (and very healty) who contracted the virus and it attacked her heart. She left six kids. The same thing happened to my second cousin, also very healthy -- just a fluke, I guess.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
The doctor in charger of the swine flu for the world health organization is a Dr Fukuda. Look it up in Wikipedia. This Dr. Fukuda is the guy that will declare and epidemic and mandate the vaccination. Now remember Madoff, made off with alot of investors money, are you going to give Dr. Fuk-U-DA rule over your health.

There is something in a name. WAKE-UP before you are F....ked by this good man.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
300,000-500,000 worldwide per year.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Even doing the math at 100 years thats only 3.6m, one percent of the current population. Over 100 years... so in the scheme of things, it should be the least of your worries.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Here is an article in regards to the "36000" number that the CDC came up with:

whitewraithe.wordpress.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
GOOD QUESTION!!

No. I know of no one who has died from the flu. NO ONE.
Perhaps all these 36,000 per year are people in nursing homes and hospitals?
Now that you bring it up, that does seem strange ... that none of us knows anyone who has died from the regular flu and yet the number is so high who SUPPOSEDLY do.

hmmm ... you may be on to something.

top topics

join