It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nine?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Whats up with these movies coming up with the number 9? sending out a message maybe? btw i want to see district 9

www.apple.com... - District 9

www.apple.com... - 9

www.apple.com... - 9

What are do you guys think?

[edit on 6/29/2009 by Aztek87]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Well, I don't know about the others, but "9" starring Elijah Wood is out because it's premise is around a character named 9, and they thought it would be cool to put it out in the corresponding year: 2009. In fact, the release date is 9/9/09.

I'm sure that's what's up with the other movies as well. It's the film industry using the date as an inventive way (or rather, not so inventive way, since everyone's doing it) to promote their films. It's something that's taught in film schools - use what's around you and what's going on at the time to pump up promotion and make your film seem bigger than it actually is.

Think of it: a kid sees that a film is named 9, sees that it's coming out 9/9/09, and says, "Wouldn't that be cool to see a film named 9 on a date that's made up of nines? It's such a coincidence! We should go see that movie just so we can say that we saw 9 on 9/9/09!"

It's a marketing scheme, and it works every time.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by MoonChild02
It's a marketing scheme, and it works every time.

and THAT folks.. is ALL there is to it.. .nothing else.. just go back to sleep nothing to see here.. don't dig deeper don't think about auspicious numbers and auspicious release dates.. it's just run of the mill marketing.. nothing out of the norm.. just make sure you don't think... just anything but that please... kthnx.

-

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Ive mentioned it in another thread, that I hear that 9 has to do with the galaxy and its resonation amount in electrical measure..im not sure of specifics..

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by mastermind77
Ive mentioned it in another thread, that I hear that 9 has to do with the galaxy and its resonation amount in electrical measure..im not sure of specifics..

Could you post a link to some site, or provide some additional comments that would translate that sentence into something resembling comprehensible English? The individual words make sense, but the sentence itself makes none at all as a collective.

*Looks for the 'puzzled' emoticon*

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Aztek87

I know someone somewhere is making this abso-frickin-lutley great animation into a movie...it's called 'Nine' and won awards a couple years back on release...

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

I personally discount such things and think it is purely marketing as well.

The reason is - these dates are man made dates. The universe and galaxy doesn't care if you call the day 9/9/9 or whatever. Such things are merely things men have come up with.

It's not 9/9/9 on the mayan calendar. It's not 9/9/9 on the jewish calendar. And so forth. It is only 9/9/9 on the gregorian calendar.

And if the date and numbers are so significant, what about 9/9/9, or 9/9/99, or 9/9/999. Even with the 2009, you are shorting things down and ignoring the 200 part of it. So it's not even a true 9/9/9

If anything, focusing on such things is putting people to sleep, rather than them already being asleep.

About the only way such things could be significant is if men are following and doing such things. For example, the movie.

Don't need a bunch of numbers and such to see the faults of the world. In fact, focusing on such numbers is a good way of avoiding such things IMO.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Okay so I have to agree that the calendar of ours is tainted and probably does not yield the true nature of numerology so dates are often misinterpreted. That doesn't mean we should not consider its numerological value.

www.halexandria.org...

n Numerology, the positive characteristics of nine (9) are selflessness, fulfillment, completion, universality, universal understanding, interrelatedness, compassion, idealism tolerance, forgiveness, generosity, benevolence, humanitarianism, emotionalism, and justice. Nine is also associated with accomplished artists and thinkers who are inspired by universal truths. Simultaneously, 9 can represent negative characteristics, from selfishness to extravagance to vulgarity -- essentially the opposites of the positive characteristics.

In the base 10 system, where all numbers are represented by ten distinct forms (0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9), nine is the final number. As such, it becomes a limit, a bound, or the ultimate attainment. The Greeks called “nine” the horizon, where the Ennead, or the nothing/void lay beyond. Expressions such as “a cat has nine lives”, a “cat-o’-nine-tails”, “the whole nine yards”, “cloud nine”, “dressed to the nines”, “a stitch in time saves nine”, and “possession is nine point (or nine-tenths) of the law” are all variations of the concept of the ninth level being the nth degree, the highest level, or the maximum possibility.

www.astrostar.com...

Astro-Numerology - The Number 9
By G. Kumar, Astrologer of Zodiac Computers

The Encyclopaedia of the Philosophic Sciences, the Vedas were the product of cognitions by Indian Seers in higher states of Consciousness. Astronomy, Mathematics. Astrology, Numerology, Logic, Philosophy, Gemology etc all derive from this mighty Encyclopaedia. Astronomy, Mathematics and Numerology evolved from the Wisdom of the Heavens, Astrology. Astro- Numerology was the perfect blend of the science of the Numbers and the Science of Time.

Effects of Fadic Number Nine

If the Nineian is YOU!

( Fadic Number is the number got after adding all the digits comprising your date of birth ).

Your Fadic Number is 9 and your Life Controller is the planet of War, Mars. This is the number of those born under the 9th 18th and 27th of every month.

They are born fighters in all aspects of Life. Even though they are faced by adversity, they emerge victorious in the end because of their mental strength, determination and courage. They are arbitrarians and never become slaves to anybody. If the number 9 occurs in their major events they create big enemies and generate quarrels and enmity. They always suffer bruises either financially or in the battlefield.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mastermind77

Could you post a link to some site, or provide some additional comments that would translate that sentence into something resembling comprehensible English? The individual words make sense, but the sentence itself makes none at all as a collective
also you think you could possibly find an uglier avatar? i mean my green glowing skull's not so hot i know. but whats up w/ that? i know i
digress.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

Right, but the significance is still based on men. We have a 10 digit based system, which is true. But that doesn't mean the 10 digit system is the only possible system and so forth.

And it is also true that 0 is the first number, not 1. The digit system is actually 0-9, and 10 is the first "repeat". I agree with all that. I seen a math whiz on TV once, and he had amazing math skills, and he was based on the 0-9 system, rather than the 1-10 system.

I think where such things have a valid place would be in understanding the past and what others were trying to symbolize with such things. IE: What someone is trying to communicate to another. But it is all based on the importance men put on such things.

And it's not that it's by default "bunk". I mean if "they" go by such things and put significance on them, and they "control" things, then you could possibly tap into some understanding. But it will again be based on men, not the universe itself. There are obviously those who do put such importance on the numbers, so it can give you insight into those things.

It's like revelation. I think most of that will happen because of men, and is self fulfilling prophecy. There are those in the world who actively work to make the events happen. But I can't discredit it all because of that, because then one has to question - why is this happening. How do these people get in power to do such things and so on. Because they put importance on it and so forth, it becomes relevant regardless as it does effect me. And some of it is just logical to happen if someone would hope to "rule the world".

Not trying to be a debunker or anything, just looking for a bit of "reason" behind the stuff.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

Right, well IMO numerology and astrology are very important when predicting future events. Maybe not 'predicting them' but influencing them. The correct way going about this is mapping the stars, that's part of the reason pyramids were built. The ancients also knew of sun cycles and ages. So it comes as no surprise to me that the Bible uses it to 'foretell events' and even manipulate markets and global events. It is a cycle, and if it's a cycle it is bound to repeat.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

IMO, such things are merely used as a way of telling time. Using the position of the stars becomes a calendar which can't be manipulated and can be used to tell the time over extremely long periods of time.

The way of knowing what the future will bring lies in knowing the past. Then you can get a pretty good idea of where things will head by continuing the existing pattern. Assuming the knowledge of the past was correct, you could lay out a general guideline of what the future will bring. Cycles and such.

Like the bondage into freedom, freedom into apathy and back into bondage cycle(short version here).

Example: What is the correct value of X? 1,1,2,3,5,8,13,X

You get that by looking at the past pattern, and applying that pattern into the future.

It's based more on that, than the position of stars and planets. The position of stars and planets is merely a way of telling time in cycles. It would be nice if there was more to it than that, but I have yet to see any real indication of such.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

Yes, it is very much useful for telling time. But let's not forget that everything that happens in the universe has an effect on planet earth. Therefoer, being able to predict these so called events, would make it possible to influence what happens.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

I am nine. Well, nine0099thousand, but close enough.

The number nine0099thousand represents perfection, whereas 9 by itself represents flawlessness.

I am flawlessly perfect.

-nine0099thousand

new topics

top topics

join