It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama-backed plan volunteers Americans to pay global taxes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

The term “Solidarity Levies” is U.N.-speak for global taxes.

The Stiglitz document explains, “Some of the initiatives that have been proposed encompass ‘solidarity levies’ or, more generally, taxation for global objectives. Some countries have already decreed solidarity levies on airline tickets but there is a larger set of proposals. There have also been suggestions to auction global natural resources — such as ocean fishing rights and pollution emission permits — for global environmental programs.”

It goes on to say, “The suggestion of taxes that could be earmarked for global objectives has a long history. To avert their being perceived as encroachments on participating countries’ fiscal sovereignty, it has been agreed that these taxes should be nationally imposed, but internationally coordinated.”

So the nations of the world, including the U.S., will collect the taxes but then turn them over to institutions such as the U.N. The world body will function, in effect, like a global IRS.
source

So, obama is apparently agreeing to hand over 0.7% of the gross national income to the UN. Can't say that this surprises me, seeing as how he is a puppet of the globalists and all.

The most “popular” proposals, which could generate tens of billions of dollars in revenue for global purposes, involve taxes on greenhouse gas emissions and financial transactions such as stock trades.

I kind of figured there was an ulterior motive for the cap-and-trade legislation.

Now, as President, Obama can bypass the Congress and simply direct his Ambassador to the U.N. Susan Rice to approve the U.N. conference document. Then the pressure will be increased on Congress to come up with the money and satisfy our “international commitments.”

I'll leave you with that. Not much else to say. Our sovereignty is being handed over to the UN and all we can do is sit back and watch.

TA

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAssociate
The term “Solidarity Levies” is U.N.-speak for global taxes.
I'll leave you with that. Not much else to say. Our sovereignty is being handed over to the UN and all we can do is sit back and watch.

well with this kind of attitude I guess so.

how about voting the idiots out of office in 20101 and 2012?

how about getting off your sofa and find out who the true conservative in your local elections are and contribute your time to getting them elected?
How about you enter politics and get elected?

DO SOMETHING!

[edit on 28-6-2009 by JulieMills]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JulieMills

I did and plan to continue to campaign/vote for the Conservative and Conservative-Libertarians in my area. The point is that the hand over of the US to the UN is part of the plan of those behind the NWO. There's nothing we can do about that. Thanks for such a polite response.

TA

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I wonder if Obama will play the fiddle while Rome burns?

And just to make a point of running for office, it takes MILLIONS to get into a position where you can enact change.

Trust me, I've checked it out.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by JulieMills

No one is going to do anything, sorry to tell you we are all way to fat and happy (as a whole) to lift one finger to actually do anything. I doubt that if you were to even able to vote online that the American public would lift a finger to press a button. We are all to busy with our self’s, to worried about how we will pay for that new car or TV we just got to worry about what goes on in Washington.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SPC_D

Well, that might have been the case in the past but now more and more people are starting to worry if they will have a roof over their heads and food to eat. The Government stated last month that only 350+thousand lost their jobs, when in reality from their own stats 787+ thousand actually did. So maybe now that they might not be that fat happy couch potato, or even have a couch to sit on, they may wake up and vote!
Zindo

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

I wish I could agree with you, however now with the death of MJ and Billy Mayes god rest his soul I fear the public is blind to the madness going on around us. This is the perfect time to start passing laws that are less than popular. I fear it’s too late for the USA I have lost almost all my faith in the government and the sad part is I work for them.

new topics

top topics

join