It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A reminder of our mortal existence.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
David Carradine

Ed Mcmahon

Farrah Fawcett

Michael Jackson

Billy Mays

May they all RIP.
And how many other countless people where lost in the last few days? Many my friends many..
We go about our days, never really thinking to much about our mortal lives.. And just how quick it can end for any one of us..

Reach out to the people you love and let them know you love them..
There may be a time when you won't have that chance..

The Reaper, reaps what the life giver sows.. Such is the way of this world..
With all our differences.. And all that makes us divided..

We all have one thing in comman..

I don't even have to tell you do I?

Its just a reminder of our mortal existence..
And how we look at our stars and those we admire.. When a man on the street dies.. We would rather walk over his dead body to go and watch our TV shows with all our stars we so love..

Ive been to many places.. And seen many things.. One thing I have yet to see is my own death.. But there will be a time.. And I have no fear..

As I know in my heart death is a fear Monger.. And death is but a stage in life..
That will take me into the unknown...

The body and mind rests.. While the unknown goes to unknown places that is just out of our logical reach..

But while you are here.. Cherish what you have while you have it..

Sometimes we need to be reminded.. While death is not the end.. It is the end of what you know to be here.. It is the end of all that you have exp while here on earth. Death goes past all the flesh and the mind.

Enjoy it while you are here.. And maybe if you are lucky. You will leave a small mark on the Earth.. That will last for a little while in the grand scope of things..

And thats what is different between the man who dies on the street and the stars that die and leave their mark...
So its understandable... But its only a mortal mark.. And all marks fade with time..

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
So, you came to know of this only after famous personalities start dying one after the another?

First take care of yourself. They didnt give you money for food and buying a home. Its all your efforts. Dont care anything about these famous personalities, they earned the riches and ruined their lives. Care about yourself.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by peacejet
So, you came to know of this only after famous personalities start dying one after the another?

First take care of yourself. They didnt give you money for food and buying a home. Its all your efforts. Dont care anything about these famous personalities, they earned the riches and ruined their lives. Care about yourself.

Not at all... If you knew about my lifes past you wouldn't assume that.. But without taking offense to that I will just say.. Not at all my friend..

When is the last time you can think back and see so many people in the limelight passing away so closely together? I don't recall such a run of deaths.. Normally it comes in 3's.

No they didn't buy me anything nor did I know any of them.. BUT.. They all had families and people who cared for them...
Did any of them get to tell those they cared about they loved them?
Prehaps not..
All of them gave me something in this life.. Be it a cool song that cheers me up.. Or put a smile on my face... These are the little things worth mentioning.. (personally) So I dont need someone to buy me anything..
But if someone puts forth art, and give a part of themselves.. Then thats worth something to me anyway.

This is only a message of love.. And to Cherish what you have before you are gone.. Simple enough..
True I do care about myself.. But I have this nasty habbit of being empathic to others feelings, and its another nasty habbit I put others before myself all to often...

But we are all different.. Yet we all die...
So its all good... If thats how you feel.. And thats how you read into my thread thats fine.. But there are more ways to see what I said.. Prehaps others will silently take what I said and make an effort to tell others in their lives how much they mean to them..

Its not about the stars and the glamor.. Its about the personal deals of families and friends.. Yes they where famous.. I don't follow idols..
But I do know they are human too.. And like us all.. We leave much saddness in our departures.

But prehaps your all sick of hearing about the deaths.. The media does that.. And over kills any chance for normal people like me to speak my mind...

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

Yes. Sir. I see your point. I misinterpreted you. My apologies for it. Peace.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Gale Storm (don't even know who that is), and the last survivor of the Titanic also just died.

I thought I'd let everyone know that.

[edit on 29-6-2009 by nick_napalm]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
That is something I've always kept in mind. When we were kids, we thought of ourselves as invincible, well at least I did, I wanted to be superman. But when you see death for the first time, which I was young when this happened, but with all of the death I had experienced through out the years, it stays with me as a reminder to never to stay in anger, even for a Darth like myself, but to try and live every day like it's your last.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I remember last year Bernie Mac passed and George Carlin stated that he guessed it missed him this year, and a couple of days later he was dead.

One, lets say superstition, my mom always said was that people died when the sap in the trees went down. I went to the cemetery the other day and the pine trees grow on embankments with the roots largely exposed. There was thick clear sap on many of the exposed roots. I believe that sap has moved down and look at the numbers of deaths. I live in a small community and even here there was a number of deaths, maybe (I can't say for certain) more than the usual. The trees will lie dormant after the sap runs down and then in August there will be the dry dog days of summer and dying of trees and such.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I remember last year Bernie Mac passed and George Carlin stated that he guessed it missed him this year, and a couple of days later he was dead.

One, lets say superstition, my mom always said was that people died when the sap in the trees went down. I went to the cemetery the other day and the pine trees grow on embankments with the roots largely exposed. There was thick clear sap on many of the exposed roots. I believe that sap has moved down and look at the numbers of deaths. I live in a small community and even here there was a number of deaths, maybe (I can't say for certain) more than the usual. The trees will lie dormant after the sap runs down and then in August there will be the dry dog days of summer and dying of trees and such.

top topics

join