It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't Forget About Our Soldiers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Everything seems to be going wrong in the world. Our economy is in shambles and our safety seems threatened more by the day by forces we cannot control. I'm an anti war guy...I don't believe in losing the lives of our soldiers..men and women...who have children at home waiting for them to come home...wondering each day if they will come back in one piece.

It feels like it's forgotten now...even I admit that they seem to be overshadowed by everything that is going on.

This is what is important. Not MJ...not Farrah Fawcett...not any celebrity. Bring our troops home. Let them see their kids grow old.

You don't have to agree with why they are there...but we can all agree that we want them home to be with their families.

Don't forget about them. Don't forget about any soldier, for any country, that dies for reasons we don't know...or don't want to know.

Don't forget!!!!! Bring them home!!!!

[edit on 28-6-2009 by David9176]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Children seeing their fathers for the first time after they came back from Iraq.

[edit on 28-6-2009 by David9176]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Good threat, I swear no one should care these that cleberties are dying. Its taking away from the things that are truely important, like are econmy is being destroyed. We have people who want to nuke us. Wars that are about to start in the middle east. I mean really people WE NEED TO PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT IMPORTANT NOT SOME CELEBRITIES!

[edit on 28/6/09 by Paveway27]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I'll give you a star and flag. I think you are making a very good point. We have so many soldiers who are still in active combat zones, more getting ready to ship out, and those who do return are usually broken. It also seems there are at least a couple more potential powderkegs getting ready to blow.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
After Bush went out of office....it seems everything about the war and our soldiers has taken a back seat to everything else.

And what happened to the anti-war railing from Democrats? It's gone. There's nothing anywhere...yet lives are still being lost....but it all goes away because Democrats have control....and Republicans won't say anything either.

I just feel like people are forgetting what is really important. Their are countless threads here on Michael Jackson...people's craving for celebrity life completely overrides other things to some people.

I guess that's what happens when you have 100's of different channels on television to keep you occupied on other things...and even those that do give the war coverage...it's treated like a show, movie, or game. It's none of these....these are lives being lost!!!

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Another thing that is sad, this won't get the attention that the Michael Jackson threads are already getting.

People are tired of the war....they are so tired that they IGNORE IT.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
they wont be tired of war if it steps into their yard. then they will freak out. but untill then they should know were still here keeping the enemy back, and keeping them safe.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
SCREW THE SOLDIERS! They for the most part are a bunch of uninformed brainwashed idiots either that or they just don't care.

I asked one guy who is an officer about the Federal Reserve and the USO which is a Rockefeller organization. He said he doesn't care. The USO does great things. He called the Fed issue a conspiracy. # em. They'll get what's coming to them. They aren't keeping me safe. I can protect my own soil from terrorists.

I'm a young guy employed in the private sector. I got a wife and want to have kids to feed eventually. I don't feel pity on anyone that has a guaranteed paycheck from the damn government. They have a $600 billion budget to count on. These damn wars are bleeding us tax payers dry.

[edit on 28-6-2009 by Zosynspiracy]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
David9176 - I am so glad you started this thread; our troops aren't appreciated very much anymore.

Apparently supporting our military men and women isn't in popular form right now. From my perspective, it seems like many people have turned against our troops - our troops - most of which are trying - and some are dying - to do their best to defend us.

S&F for you, sir, and for our troops. They deserve no less.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by orderedchaos
David9176 - I am so glad you started this thread; our troops aren't appreciated very much anymore.

Apparently supporting our military men and women isn't in popular form right now. From my perspective, it seems like many people have turned against our troops - our troops - most of which are trying - and some are dying - to do their best to defend us.

S&F for you, sir, and for our troops. They deserve no less.

And what do the American people deserve huh? We deserve to keep getting ass raped with taxes so our "troops" can fight in these useless wars? Gimme a break. More soldiers should be talking out against these wars and the MI complex. But most are robots just doing what they are ordered to do. Like the Nazis. We all have mouths to feed. If they want to protect Americans close down the 700+ bases all over the world and position all our submarines and carrier groups around our country. I think that's enough protection.

The troops don't realize that the people out to destroy our country are the same ones giving them their marching orders. Obama and Bush were globalists out to destroy the American economy and our sovereignty, let alone the Consitution. I don't feel sorry for the "troops" at all. Afterall it's an all VOLUNTARY force.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

Personally, I'd wouldn't care if the Chinese walk in and take over. I even speak the language. One of my children was born in the peoples republic to a Chinese national. So maybe I am a shoe in.

On the other hand, how does that play into your future scenario of a happy little world for you, your wife, and desired children? Do you like the good ole U.S.A? Or do you want change even more drastic than comrade Obama is wheeling in?

Granted, these wars are not popular. I would be very happy if all those soldiers all came home and we turned into isolationists again. However, I support each and everyone of these troops. If it was not for these men and women that are serving our country now in the military, another country would walk right in and take over. Almost all of them did not want to go to Iraq or A-stan.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Zo-

I, too, have great many problems- with the govt. I will not, under any condition, let that anger spill over on to soldiers who enlisted to try and make their country safe. They love their country, and are trying to do something to help it/ keep it secure.

My little brother is one of those troops.

A year after 9/11 while the rest of the country was still dazed over the attacks, my mother died unexpectantly of a massive heart attack. My brother was a senior in High School. In his grief, he buckled a bit, lost his scholarship to U of M. In short, he lost his direction, his compass, and decided to join the army.

Reason for the info - he was young (under 20) when he joined in the hopes of making things right in the world- as many of our troops have. Some are young and want a military career. Some just don't know what to do, but are TRYING with the best of intentions.

And since I hate the way the world is run and the war and the politics from the safety and comfort of my chair, I cannot feel any damn thing but respect for the selfless ones TRYING to change the world.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I can't believe the reports out of "Homeland Security " that our returning Vets. from Afghanistan and Iraq are to be considered potential terrorists . To endure a war with an invisible enemy , to watch your 'buddy' get blown away with nobody to shoot at. Only to come home to your own government cosidering you as a potential terrorist threat. Let me introduce you to the Oath- Keepers.........

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   

These people aren't brainwashed. You're stereotyping all of them. Many of the soldiers don't want to be there. The suicide rate amongst soldiers is at an all time high. Many signed up in the military long before the war in Iraq...and many have been forced to serve longer than was originally intended.

I want them home....but calling them brainwashed idiots is ridiculous. The fact is....if the media covered this more...maybe we could get them home....but they choose to pretty much ignore it. The war is OK now because Obama is in office.

And yes, the costs of keeping up this war are WAY too high...which is another reason it needs to stop...we simply cannot afford it anymore....not to mention the hate for the USA continues to grow.

Bring 'em home!

Fighting in Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq...and now a threat from Iran and North Korea.

We can't keep doing this. We keep up at this pace we will be headed straight into WW3...and that means drafts.

Stop the craziness...bring the troops home.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

What I said was that for the most part soldiers fall into one of two categories....brainwashed uninformed and uneducated idiots or they actually don't care and believe that America should be policing the world and we are the greatest country in the world and # everyone else, they should be like us.

It's really that simple people. I'm sorry about your little brother and mom to the one poster. But it's not like our military has been doing this # for the last 10 years. It's been going on for the last 100. America has been a corrupt country with corrupt leaders for a LONG TIME. People, especially younger ones are starting to realize we've been lied to. Smedley Butler was talking about it way back when. There is no excuse to serve this country blindly and use the uniform as an excuse. 9/11 was a joke. Most of us knew that from the day it happened. Ignorance is no excuse.

And don't use that tired excuse as they don't want to be there. That's bull# as well. When you join the military chances are you're going to have to fight in a war. What do they expect? America has been engaged in a serious war since WWII every decade. So are you telling me all the young people that join are that stupid to think that if they do join they'll never be involved in a war?

I guess I shouldn't hate the young people that sign up. They are just impressionable and have so much propaganda spewed at them what do we expect? I mean look at the posts even in this short thread. I never said America shouldn't have a standing army or we shouldn't defend our country. But we don't need a $600 billion dollar defense budget and 700+ bases on just about every country. We are the biggest #ing hypocrites in the world. This country isn't worth fighting for anymore because the people don't run it anymore. I say let the military die and let's regain our control. Then maybe it would be worth fighting and saving again. My grandfather was a WWII vet, my uncle was a Marine and my brother did his 4 years in the AF. I was almost stupid enough to join when I was younger. If I knew then what I knew now............It wouldn't have even crossed my mind. This is my country and I'd lay down my life protecting the American people but you bet your ass I'd never serve a day under my corrupt and tyrannical government. If you're not part of the solution you're part of the problem. This country needs a militia, well armed, well funded, and willing to die for a cause. Maybe us young people should think about that before go die in some foreign land.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Bravo
. It gets a little tiresome when people say I support the troops but don't support the military. The troops are the military, you can't have a military if you don't have the troops. Most are brainwashed when they sign up but once deployed they surely figure it out. The fact that their isn't dissertion and disobedience on a wide scale can only be interpreted as agreement or a lack of courage. It's time to stop this pavlovian worship of the military and time to start calling it what it is.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
reply to post by David9176

What I said was that for the most part soldiers fall into one of two categories....brainwashed uninformed and uneducated idiots or they actually don't care and believe that America should be policing the world and we are the greatest country in the world and # everyone else, they should be like us.

It's really that simple people. I'm sorry about your little brother and mom to the one poster. But it's not like our military has been doing this # for the last 10 years. It's been going on for the last 100. America has been a corrupt country with corrupt leaders for a LONG TIME. People, especially younger ones are starting to realize we've been lied to. Smedley Butler was talking about it way back when. There is no excuse to serve this country blindly and use the uniform as an excuse. 9/11 was a joke. Most of us knew that from the day it happened. Ignorance is no excuse.

And don't use that tired excuse as they don't want to be there. That's bull# as well. When you join the military chances are you're going to have to fight in a war. What do they expect? America has been engaged in a serious war since WWII every decade. So are you telling me all the young people that join are that stupid to think that if they do join they'll never be involved in a war?

I guess I shouldn't hate the young people that sign up. They are just impressionable and have so much propaganda spewed at them what do we expect? I mean look at the posts even in this short thread. I never said America shouldn't have a standing army or we shouldn't defend our country. But we don't need a $600 billion dollar defense budget and 700+ bases on just about every country. We are the biggest #ing hypocrites in the world. This country isn't worth fighting for anymore because the people don't run it anymore. I say let the military die and let's regain our control. Then maybe it would be worth fighting and saving again. My grandfather was a WWII vet, my uncle was a Marine and my brother did his 4 years in the AF. I was almost stupid enough to join when I was younger. If I knew then what I knew now............It wouldn't have even crossed my mind. This is my country and I'd lay down my life protecting the American people but you bet your ass I'd never serve a day under my corrupt and tyrannical government. If you're not part of the solution you're part of the problem. This country needs a militia, well armed, well funded, and willing to die for a cause. Maybe us young people should think about that before go die in some foreign land.

So, if MOST troops are brainwashed fools, then what does that make you? Are you a little impressionable kid with dreadlocks, sitting in daddys basement, listening to some "revolutionary" music and not knowing reality if it slapped you in the face? Did you let the rage against the machine album get you all wound up? Did you go to a couple protests and get a hard on for anything "revolutionary?" Did you go out to and buy all the tightest Che shirts you could find? Perhaps your half read a couple articles on the internet and gained your opinion through half truths and reading what you wanted to. Do you wonder around spouting your mouth off to anyone who will listen? Do you wear your half developed opinions on your sleeve so, everyone knows your "different" but, really its a cry for attention. See, people who have your opinion and REALLY do something about it end up fighting the soldiers just like, you guessed it, SOLDIERS.

My little paragraph was JUST as stereotypical as yours. The truth is, I dont know who you are and I don't care. I don't spout out my opinion about "other" opinions because I have my own. In MY beliefs, I fight for people so, they can have beliefs. A person who wears their opinions on their sleeves and objects to other opinions so stupidly, has NO opinion. Come on now, "screw the soldiers?"

new topics

top topics

join