It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Albert Pike Research Aides

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
So... as a personal project I was putting together a essay on Albert Pike. Mostly due to the number of times he'd been mentioned on that particular day.

This was a couple'a few weeks ago, and I've gotten nearly three pages so far typed up without getting to his Masonic activities.
At this point, if I ever get around to finishing it'll be far to large to post on ATS and expect any serious read through.

So instead, I figured it'd be worthwhile to link to some of the sources I've stumbled across for other folks.

Life of Albert Pike by Fred W. Allsopp
Supreme Council 33rd Degree, Or Mother Council of the World of the Ancient ...
By John H. Cowles

State or province? Bond or free? by Albert Pike

Enclopedia or Arkansas: Albert Pike
Pretty cool, has a lot of information in general, as well as pictures as well.

Arkansa Gazette
Pike wrote bits for the Arkansas Gazette, and the transcriptions themselves make mention of some of his and other officer's actions around the time.
You can put in a request for what he wrote, just found it today so havn't tried it myself.
USGenWeb Archives Special Projects

More newspapers from about the time, mentions Pike's frustration over being passed over for promotion repeatedly.

Unfortunately, I was not able to dig up any archives from the Arkansas Advocate, from the time he was in charge. The only records I could find showed an archive that started in 1923.

Most of his works are available on Google Books at this point, the copywright laws are far out of date at this point.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Sorry, but I'm kinda new here- can you explain just who Albert Pike was?

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by FTD Brat

Albert Pike was the 33rd degree Master Mason who wrote "Morals and Dogma". Among other things he's been hailed as the father of Masonry in the Scottish Rite.

Really I'm no authority on him (Rune those links are great!). I've read Morals and Dogma and struggled to get through it. He is an interesting guy though.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by FTD Brat
Sorry, but I'm kinda new here- can you explain just who Albert Pike was?

Albert Pike was a fellow involved in the Scottish Rite system of Masonry, he helped compile it, and help bring it about to where it is today, more or less.

Due to this, he is fairly well demonized by many Anti-Masons, a lot of it has to do with the Taxil Hoax

A book published in response:
Devil Worship in France
Same Book on Google Books

To be noted, the point of this thread is not to be pro- or con- in regards to Pike, simply to put in a collection of links in reference to him.

top topics

join