It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not a UFO Believer, until this...can you explain?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I've always thought Aliens/UFOs belonged in "Skunk Works," and perhaps more because of ignorance than anything else. I've watched several "docu-s," and my attitude towards these topics can be best described as "agnostic"

Until 2 weeks ago...

My better half and I were outside at night in front of our house relaxing (we live in a very rural area in Oregon this summer), and all of sudden we saw:

-a halo (white illuminated) saucer shaped object swirling around just above us within some very patchy clouds--but other than that the sky was relatively clear with the exception of a few more patch clouds in other parts of the sky
-then, this halo "sped" up to the point that I couldn't watch it anymore because it was making me dizzy
-then, the halo "became" 2 halos; 1 chased the other for quite a long a long time until it "ate" the other
-this lasted for approximately 45 minutes

My husband believed it was some commercial projectory, and my son thought it was some kids playing with "big flash lights"...in the beginning...but due to the fact that we live in a rural area on a several acre property, and the strangeness of it all, they were kind of "speechless" after our encounter

Can more knowledgeable folks here please explain this? It's been bothering me for a couple of weeks now! Thanks~

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Could it have been something like a "Will 'O The Wisp"?

In Marfa you can watch the "Marfa Lights". They are thought to be plasma emissions from nearby mountain tops created by the massive mechanical stresses in the area (i think there may be a fault line out that way...not sure).

Could this be what you saw?

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Welcome to the truth movement friend.

Not sure what that could have been. It's definately not natural from your description. Wish you had a video of it so we could have more to go on.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I'm sorry but without photographic or video evidence your really just telling another story and while nobody is denying what you saw, not much will come of it.

It's nice to tell people what you see in the sky, but in the end it just clogs up the real stories that have evidence to back them which in turns leads to a bigger mess as us in the Extra Terrestrial community have to sift through more and more stories.

This field would benefit A LOT if somehow we could make it to where only stories with evidence were told.

[edit on 28-6-2009 by GeechQuestInfo]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeechQuestInfo
I'm sorry but without photographic or video evidence your really just telling another story and while nobody is denying what you saw, not much will come of it.

It's nice to tell people what you see in the sky, but in the end it just clogs up the real stories that have evidence to back them which in turns leads to a bigger mess as us in the Extra Terrestrial community have to sift through more and more stories.

This field would benefit A LOT if somehow we could make it to where only stories with evidence were told.

[edit on 28-6-2009 by GeechQuestInfo]

You can't just dismiss all eyewitness accounts. If you did this, you'd have to dismiss everything on Roswell, which is the story that blew this topic open.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

We are in S/SE Oregon, so mini-earthquakes happen here all the time.

We are in the "Grizzly Peak Quad."

Plus, we are surrounded by many different mountain ranges such as the Shastas, the Siskiyous, and the Cascades to the North...

Thanks for the huge tid-bit! Will have to investigate these phenomenas further...

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Mookie89

Wish I had a video, too.

But, not being experienced in this area, I was a little too much in awe---kind of scared, shocked, and amazed; it just never occurred to me to run in and get the camcorder

[edit on 28-6-2009 by sonjah1]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
A number of years ago, I had the honor of meeting
Eng Ben Rich, head of Lockeed Skunk Works. I was humbled for weeks, which says a lot given the ego I have. I;m not easily awed, but what I saw may offer food for thought. The number of unmanned craft we have wuld shock the general population. Our F-22, perhaps the last the of the manned fighters. The F-22 has computer conttrol manuvering over ride. This is designed so that the pilot is not so much goo. Way the preamble??
To make a point
Most of the craft I saw were small, (better), to avoid radar
with radar absorbent material With other The UAV's I saw I believe generate 50 plus hull band internal cabin. Not a human would survive that. Thee UAV outdid themselves. I was convinced we built the UAV;s

I have heard of UFO's "merging", and becoming one larger craft. The science of how this happens is way,far ahead of anything I am aware of. (just give me the "warp drive, and I will crawl back to retreat to my bunker, after I sold the rights after I sold royalties. One last point. Many CE4 abductie don't see Grays. Bus "beings of lite", some emart esooteric riddles (an intelligence gathering method?) Interesting is the number people after being resitated while in full arest, saw white or translucent substance. This connection convinced me the UFO enigma is not so black and white, Fare from it, it is the most complicated, baffling, mystery of our age.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I don't care that you don't have any 'evidence.' Thanks for posting. I'm not willing to jump on you and discount your story. Yeah, it would be really nice if you had some video, but ya know what? It still sounds really intriguing to me. I've been worried that since my husband and I are out in a pretty rural area that we wouldn't ever see anything, but maybe if we just keep looking.

thanks for sharing.

[edit on 28-6-2009 by notsosweet]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by notsosweet

I live in a VERY rural area, but I used to be a flight attendant so I've been to many many major cities and I've come to realize that rural areas seem to be best places to see unexplained and interesting things in the sky. I've seen MUCH more way out here in the country than I ever did in any city. For one thing, there is little light in the middle-of-nowhere and less smog, so the night sky is much easier to see and IMO, if the government is testing something top secret, what better place to do it than in a rural area where the population is much smaller and there aren't as many people to see what's going on? Like I said though, just my opinion. Just keeping looking though! I can almost promise that sooner or later, you'll see something that you just can't explain. I watch the night sky nearly every weekend and there's some crazy stuff going on up there!

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

Could we please have the time and any other details you may remember on the incident?

Thank you,
GTG

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Your description is very vague but at a first guess id say that this sounds a bit like Geoplasma caused by friction between certain rock types deep underground. Mainly Quartz or Granite. These incidents happen more in rural areas because not many citys get built on fault lines.

Are there any small humped bridges by you? Sometimes car headlights reflecting off clouds can be mistaken for something more sinister.

[edit on 28-6-2009 by VitalOverdose]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonjah1
I've always thought Aliens/UFOs belonged in "Skunk Works," and perhaps more because of ignorance than anything else. I've watched several "docu-s," and my attitude towards these topics can be best described as "agnostic"

Hello Sonjah1! We here at ATS try not to hold it aginst you for being ignorant on sertin subjects.. We all had to start somewhere right?

But please allow me to inform you what "Skunk Works" means..

- A skunkworks (also known as Skunk Works) is a small group of people who work on a project in an unconventional way. The group's purpose is to develop something quickly with minimal management constraints. Skunkworks are often used to initially roll out a product or service that thereafter will be developed according to usual business processes.

The term skunkworks was first introduced during World War II by engineers at Lockheed Martin Corporation. The engineers, who were tasked with building a fighter jet for the United States Government, operated under an unconventional organizational approach developed by Clarence L. "Kelly" Johnson. His directives for how the skunkworks should operate are called The 14 Practices and Rules.

Skunk works has gotten a negtive undertone here on ATS becasue most bunked and unproved theories goes into that folder section.. Most people now think of skunk works to be something all together different than what its original meaning denotes.

So mentally we have projected skunk works to be a "bad" thing...

Its a stigma that happens to the hive mind of us humans here.. So I guess it has two meanings now.. One negtive.. And the other, well as I stated..

Im glad you came around and are keeping an open mind to these things..
I can not tell you what you saw.. As I was not there.. But if anything.. Keep your eyes to the sky.. And prehaps do some more research.. And make new contacts.. Thats a good start atleast...

Happy hunting and best of luck to you!

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by GEORGETHEGREEK

Could we please have the time and any other details you may remember on the incident?

Sure!

We witnessed this @ approx. 9:45-10:30 PST on June 12th, 09

We do remember that the "ufos" were flying/swirling in a circular pattern (though veering off the circle and darting a bit once and a while) with a counter-clock-wise motion... but it/they were directly above us...only slightly to the right.

Something to add...I don't know if it's relevant or not? We live about 8 miles from a town of 18,000 (that happens to be our mailing address) that has a substantial, signficant sub-culture. By this, I mean that the CDC has visited here this year to get citizens to obey the law w/regards to normal vaccinations for children (1/3 refuse to do it...so the area kind of sticks out with the feds). The town is also known for reporting chemtrails, advocating self-sustainability, big consumption of alternative meds, etc.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by VitalOverdose

Are there any small humped bridges by you? Sometimes car headlights reflecting off clouds can be mistaken for something more sinister.

No small bridges that close...we do have some covered bridges within 20 miles...

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

Thanks for the clarification, zysin 5. Relative newbie here at ATS so there is a learning curve of sorts. I guess I should have broadened my conceptualization and made more specific references to gray areas (where this thread has been moved) or hoaxes.

And I will say that what I saw has changed me in some way!

[edit on 29-6-2009 by sonjah1]

[edit on 29-6-2009 by sonjah1]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
This thread was moved to "The Gray Area" from UFOs...so, everyone else, do you believe the encounter was due to nature (plasmas) or UFOS?

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

The only UFO ive seen was a huge fireball travelling at about 500 miles an hour crash in a cornfield about a half mile from where i was driving on I-70 across western kansas late at night (me being a truck driver). When said fireball slammed into the earth my CB and my radio both let out a huge amount of static, and there was a giant flash of light, wish i had a camcorder!
It most likely was a meteorite that happened to make planetfall
i was tempted to pull over and check it out but memories of the movie "the blob" convinced me to keep driving lol.
On another note, i KNOW for a fact that there are over a billion stars in our galaxy alone, and BILLIONS of planets in our galaxy that coincide with those stars, and thats just one galaxy, in a universe FILLED WITH BILLIONS of galaxies, most we are unable to see over such great distances. It would be arrogant and irresponsible for any scientist, physicist or astronomer to say that we are the ONLY advanced civilization out there. In fact i believe one physicist (forget his name) still living that came up with an equation determining an x amount of civilzations in the universe, X being 10,000.
Do aliens exist? theres a far greater chance of them existing than if they didn't. At our current rate of technology however, we will never be able to physically reach them. The major reason UFO's are able to reach us, is their level of technology isnt just 100,200 or 300 years ahead of us, theyre a MILLION years ahead of us. Until Humanity is able to put down their petty weapons and move past their petty wars and unite, and put all that money on developing the technology to get off this rock, we never will.

new topics

top topics

join