It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Gayby boom': Children of gay couples speak out

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I wouldn't care if my kids were gay...but listening to Rush Limbaugh? Um...I'll get the therapist on the phone.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

My dad was a cop when I was growing up. I got alot of grief from other kids because my dad was a 'pig' (it was the 70's). This made my life tougher, so I guess cops shouldn't be allowed to have kids either.

Good for you on raising healthy, well adjusted kids! Hopefully, people like you will help stop this unnecessary ignorance from the rest of society. It's been 40 years today since the Stonewall Riots and the begining of the Gay Rights Movement. We've made alot progress, but there is still a long way to go!!!

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by heyo

Alright, so if I understand correctly you are simply saying is worth the trouble to the children if the parents know what kind of trouble they are going to have in this given environment, let's say compton.

Well that I can agree with on some level, but a neighboorhood isn't exactly the same as a the average American home.

I mean, mind you we have always lived in a nice suburb since me and my husband both have degrees. I have my own business and he's a pediatrician, so perhaps we've been a bit more lucky than others.

However, had the circumstances been different, if I had lived on Jane and Finch in Toronto instead of Kingsville, would have I had those children? Probably not until I had situated myself better.

It's a matter of finding the least volative environment, and that's not always possible, but we should strive for that kind of thing. I really do see your point now and it is valid.

But no, coherrent, caring, responsible adult would have children in a setting where they thought those kids might grow up messed or have very big troubles.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Double, sorry mods..

[edit on 6/28/2009 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

There are many, many more kids that have cops as parents. And also, comparing the cops to homosexuals just isn't the same at all. I think you're probably just oversensative, whereas the kids of same sex couple have much, much more on their plate.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

thank you....I think that "they" shuold just wait a little bit longer before they have kids..cause there seems to be a change coming...the only religious circles these days worth a grain of salt are the ones that don't judge...we're both waiting for this mindset to manifest in society, right?
I could be wrong, but we'll see.
good talk.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by heyo

but all my extras i mention are the same, how about a cap and trade system? they can be gay as long as they eat meat and don't know about the NWO or you can know about the NWO as long as you don't home school or read weighty literature such as Proust.

My point is everything can either improve or destroy a childhood - daddy works late i never see him although i ride around in a convertable he brought me is no harder or easyier than my dad was always about but we were poor. See what im saying?

I'm saying if you want to control people then you're a communist, at least i think thats what im getting at. Parents make their kids life hard, kids make their parents life hard - thats what happens, getting over it and finding out own place in the world is what makes life worth living, its something we should never stop doing as long as we live.

Should we blame the parents? no, blame their parents, and their parents and their parents, all the way back to which ever collection of cells first sexually reproduced. (or of course god if thats your choice, no wai- eve i suppose that darn apple dun it) We should make it our place in life to get better and keep improving the world for people, childhood has and always will be hard - whoever the parents are, what really matters is that they WANT to bring up a child and do a good job,so many people today just seem to think kids bring themselves up, maybe alot of these wannabe gay parents would do a much better job than whichever trailer park babe was fine that he 'forgot to pick up rubbers at the truck stop'

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts

My dad was a cop when I was growing up. I got alot of grief from other kids because my dad was a 'pig' (it was the 70's). This made my life tougher, so I guess cops shouldn't be allowed to have kids either.

Well I have a similar story, my husband is a Pediatrician, with his own walk in clinic, and after people found out we were married and had kids in the early 90's his clientele droped 60% in a year. Strange how things go eh? Now he's one of the most busy in our area, because as you said times have changed.

Good for you on raising healthy, well adjusted kids! Hopefully, people like you will help stop this unnecessary ignorance from the rest of society. It's been 40 years today since the Stonewall Riots and the begining of the Gay Rights Movement. We've made alot progress, but there is still a long way to go!!!

Thanks friend, I certainly will. But just to let you know, the fight that we see on television among these politicians, is fake, they are in it for the money this back and forth gives them...

The real fight is in our homes and communities.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by heyo
I think you're probably just oversensative, whereas the kids of same sex couple have much, much more on their plate.

Not nearly as much as a gay kid growing up with very religious straight parents. I speak from experience, and no, I'm not oversensitive. I was just making a point. Unless you're born with a last name like Hilton, growing up is tough no matter who your parents are.

Edit to add: My Dad being a cop may have made my life tougher, but it made me tougher as well, and that I am grateful for! It also taught me that intolerance is intolerable!

[edit on 28-6-2009 by JaxonRoberts]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Growing up in a same-sex family will not make them gay. It will not ruin their lives. In fact, it will make them stronger than many in the heterosexual marriages.

Those problems you mentioned will disappear the moment society accept same-sex marriages and homosexuals and the moment the prejudice disappear.

you state that as if it is fact. In fact, it is not. There will be differences, not saying better or worse, I personally believe the village raises the child, but your statement of it will make them stronger than many (im implying more than average) is pulled out of thin air.

Just like your magic hampster in your avatar, no such thing.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by vonholland

I personally believe the village raises the child

You mean society?

but your statement of it will make them stronger than many (im implying more than average) is pulled out of thin air.

Well, it will at least make them more tolerant and understanding. I do understand what you are saying though.

Just like your magic hampster in your avatar, no such thing.

You're dissing my artwork?

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by heyo

a
It's what i was referring to earlier about being selfish.

So, dont kids have rights?
Like the right to have a mother and a father?
Should a pedophile be allowed to buy a baby because he can afford one?
Can anyone or a group buy a baby or just adopt one because they feel like it?
Is it legal now for gays to buy babies because they cant make their own?
Can a man ever be a real mother?
Is a mother unnecessary?
Can a women ever be a real man?
Is a father now unnecessary?

Perhaps 5 to 10 percent of the population suffer from serious mental illness and somehow I suspect adding this situation to their lives will complicate it.

I doubt this post will get much response.

transmogrify

transitive verb : to change or alter greatly and often with grotesque or humorous effect intransitive verb

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Well let's answer those questions shall we?

If they never know what having a mother is, then why is it required?

What does that have to do with anything? Another one of those, let's compare pedophiles to gays?

Why not? If those people love and provide a nurturing environment, what possibly could the problem be?

Ahh, it's called adoption.....

Having raised my kids in a same sex marriage, yes, we can provide all the things a woman could, emotionally anyway.

Is a mother unnecessary?

A mother figure is very necessary in the lives of any child, but it's not absolutely necessary. There are other ways of being a "mother" to a child.

Same response as above, either can be subjective depending on the individuals involved.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Amen. Star.

Indeed.

I had a crush on a girl at 6, when to do so was to be considered crude and cutties-transmitting. F what people say about upbringing, it's genetic. If I see a beautiful woman, than I like what I see. End of story. Don't matter who my parents were.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by RRokkyy

Your argument has too many fallacies to speak of.

Yes, a man can truly be a mother and a woman truly can be a father. Because with the evil pagan magic of "teq-nol-a-gee", 2 women or 2 men can have a genetically clinked child through turning bone marrow into a sperm, or egg.

Also, plenty of single parent kids grow up just fine with no problem. The parent was both father and mother.

As to me, I had name-only parents. It was disgusting. My mother and father were married as if it was a business arrangement. They never got along and yelled all the time. I disowned them and made my own parents out of make believe from Jefferson, Washington, Abagail, Adams, Teddy, etc etc.

A child can dream. And in a typical Irish-Italian dysfunctional catholic family, that's what we do. I dreamed perfect parents. People who cared and like me. And that did perfectly fine. If the ghosts of dead founding fathers can be better parents than a guy and a gal, than 2 guys or 2 girls can't be any different.

Stop making idiotic arguments that are dumbfoundedly baseless.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRokkyy
So, dont kids have rights?
Is a mother unnecessary?

So you are saying that the large percentage of single parents should have their children taken away because they lack a mother or father??? And what the blue hell do pedophiles have to do with this discussion (unless you are implying that all homosexuals are pedophiles, in which case you should be glad this is an online anonamous forum!)

What we have here is a Strawman. Pure, plain and simple!

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Hello everyone, I will post my opinion regarding this topic.

You might say there is nothing wrong in children growing to gay and lesbian couples, because it doesnt matter whether they are straight or gay/lesbian like them.

For a child to grow up into an ideal person in the society, there are two requirements,

1. Mothers love
2. Fathers care and advice.

Both are the absolute requirements for the child to grow up into a society and understanding both the sexes(gender).

So, you see the child does not have an ideal environment to grow in.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by peacejet

Ahh PJ, You are wrong friend I am sorry to have to tell you, I wish it weren't so.

Those roles don't have to be as static as you place them. Remember you live in a place that is vastly different from the West.

My children grew up in the perfect environment. They received all the care and advice in the world and all the love they could ever want.

It does not require both male and female and no my children are not confused about gender roles or any sort of thing like that. I've actually never met any children who had a conflicting view of mal/female roles in families who were homosexual.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Wrong. I do not advice. I love. And I am a man. And I care. But only just barely.

As the above said, you're not in the west. For me, advisory is for teachers, brothers and sisters, and the internet. Parents do not do as much advice beyond age 10-ish. Love and care grew less and less, ending around 18.

Sorry, but this is not the way it works. Both mother and father care advise and love. I take great offense as a man that you say I cannot love. What woman would want a guy who cannot love? This is laughable at best.

[edit on 28-6-2009 by Gorman91]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Ahh PJ, You are wrong friend I am sorry to have to tell you, I wish it weren't so.

No, I am not wrong.

Those roles don't have to be as static as you place them. Remember you live in a place that is vastly different from the West.

I know the culture I am from. I feel that the western culture has been warped to suit your needs without taking into consideration the ideal environment.

My children grew up in the perfect environment. They received all the care and advice in the world and all the love they could ever want.

You just told to me in chat that your children never know what it is to have a mother.

Trust me, though they say they love you and your partner. Deep in the heart, they will be sad that they dont have a mother. Your 18 old daughter will not know about family life without the guidance of her mother. And your 13 and 9 year old son will be sad deep at heart when they see other kids coming to school with their mother and not them. Children can be affected a lot emotionally.

It does not require both male and female and no my children are not confused about gender roles or any sort of thing like that. I've actually never met any children who had a conflicting view of mal/female roles in families who were homosexual.

~Keeper

Remember, your kids were born to you and your wife and some adopted. And not to you and your partner. Get the point?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join