It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think Steve Jobs (worth $3.7 Billion) bought his donor liver?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

I think if I saw how long he was on the donor list, and it falls within normal range, there would be no issue.

Either way it doesn't matter, I mean, I'm sure he didn't buy it but he may have gotten special treatment with paperwork and things because of who he is. He has the money for good doctors and good hospitals who could recognize when he needed to be put on the list and who did so swiftly.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft
reply to post by kiwifoot

Yeah actually I do think that a great leader and visionary or any person who has achieved great things in the world would deserve it more than an average person like myself.

But it had nothing to do with being a great leader or visionary. It was about money.

Paris Hilton would have had the same benefits.

And Steve Jobs...I don't consider him great. I consider him the same as all the other corrupt corporatists. He just makes it harder for all us normal folk to make a living.

[edit on 28-6-2009 by Nickmare]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I think that celebs get bumped ont he list. I have patietns that wait years but these guys vualt tot he top so quickly?

Also Jobs lives less than 2 miles from on of the premier solid organ trasnplant centers in the US (Stanford University) and yet went to Tennesse?

Its fisy in my opinion

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Whoaa... FredT are you a doc? I did not know.

I mean... I don't deny it, but I'd really like to hear the real scoop from a doc.

EDIT: Sorry, I suspect you're not doctor. I just found it irresistible to reply to that one with your patietns and all

[edit on 29-6-2009 by Zarniwoop]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Nickmare

But it had nothing to do with being a great leader or visionary. It was about money.

Paris Hilton would have had the same benefits.

And Steve Jobs...I don't consider him great. I consider him the same as all the other corrupt corporatists. He just makes it harder for all us normal folk to make a living.

Well unless you have proof otherwise we do not know that it was about money, being a great leader, or being a visionary... maybe it was just his turn.

Also, it is people like you that think people are bad or corrupt just because they spend their lives creating products that most people want that live in some sort of jealous fantasy world where we would all live in huts and share pieces of whatever nuts we shook from the trees. You are probably one of those venus project people that think robots are going to do all the work and you can get everything handed to you.

How does someone like Steve Jobs make it hard for you to make a living? It is people like him that create mass amounts of jobs around the world.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

First, I am against corporatism. And I am fairly anti-consumerism.

I am a computer programmer.

Apple threatens jobs, by shipping them overseas.

Steve makes a lot of money. More then I think anyone should make.

Also, Apple is just as, if not worse then, Microsoft for monopolizing. Often, if you buy their hardware, you need to use their peripherals. Pre-intel Macs basically required you to use their OS. They have cornered the mp3 market. You buy an iPod, you use iTunes.

They take away the ability for someone like me to create software. Apple has a long history of destroying other peoples innovation.

And now with the iPhone, developers have to pay to make software. Great. Oh, and you need a Mac to develop for it.

...huge corporations make it hard for the little guy to start a competing business without being crushed. Or take away their ability completely.

Use your head. Is Stevey a better person to you then someone who volunteers their time to help mentally challenged people?

[edit on 29-6-2009 by Nickmare]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nickmare
reply to post by grapesofraft

Also, Apple is just as, if not worse then, Microsoft for monopolizing. Often, if you buy their hardware, you need to use their peripherals. Pre-intel Macs basically required you to use their OS. They have cornered the mp3 market. You buy an iPod, you use iTunes.

yes i agree with some of your points but there is always an alternative to everything in the world. for instance when i got my ipod i did not like itunes, i searched the net for an itunes like proogram that works with the ipod and i found a program called podx. works the same way as itunes but without all the frills.

there are alternatives to everything man. this wasnt a thread about the monopilization of a company against consumers. this was a thread about someone "buying" themselvs a new lease on life.

stay on topic

[edit on 29-6-2009 by ghostryder21]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ghostryder21

No offense...but you are being a little rude. What is with people responding to a post, and then ending them with a comment like "stay on topic". Talk about hypocritical. You stay on topic!

And it was half on topic, considering we were discussing whether rich people deserve to buy their donor organs. I am under the opinion that he shouldn't have preference. To be very on topic...I think he did buy his donor liver.

BTW, I never said iTunes was the only option, and I'm aware of other options. But that isn't the point and does not point any less to Apple purposefully making an atmosphere where it becomes harder for others to compete with them (and I doubt this 'podx' is making any money). They have a long past of doing this, just like Microsoft, which I won't get into on this thread (as I don't want to further derail it).

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Perhaps he can't trust his local doctors.
Don't know his story but did prescribed medicine cause the liver damage.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nickmare
reply to post by ghostryder21

No offense...but you are being a little rude. What is with people responding to a post, and then ending them with a comment like "stay on topic". Talk about hypocritical. You stay on topic!

And it was half on topic, considering we were discussing whether rich people deserve to buy their donor organs. I am under the opinion that he shouldn't have preference. To be very on topic...I think he did buy his donor liver.

BTW, I never said iTunes was the only option, and I'm aware of other options. But that isn't the point and does not point any less to Apple purposefully making an atmosphere where it becomes harder for others to compete with them (and I doubt this 'podx' is making any money). They have a long past of doing this, just like Microsoft, which I won't get into on this thread (as I don't want to further derail it).

lol well to derail this further, podx is freeware. so no money is being made.

I’m sorry to say and ill be up front and honest here. Yes he did get that liver because he ahs all this money. With his resources he was able to put himself on almost every single donor list in the country. Most families cannot do that because it would require at a moments notice packing bags and maybe flying cross country, and 99% of the people living in the USA cannot do that.

He can and he did. That’s why he got a liver and that’s why he is alive today. Is it right? Well that’s for someone else to decided. Would you or myself do the same thing for an immediate family member or self, given the unlimited resources that Jobs has, yes you and I would.

So in a sense I will say again no he did not out right buy a new liver but he sure paid for one and will pay for one.

Before you condemn the man for doing what he did, reverse the situation and answer it yourself. If you say no you wouldn’t do the same as he did, your lying to yourself.

~G~

top topics

<< 1   >>

join