It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth being hit with charged particles - what do *you* see?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by brokenheadphonez

I am in Sudbury.

Although rare, the Northern Lights do show up here time to time.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

Lol woot Sud-burr-uh! haha you might get lucky tonight.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Romanian

The 'pulse' is up from 7.8 to 12 cycles per sec.. Tikk tokk ..

it say 11 here, but the article is from 2000 I think, just to show you.

Source Link

Earth's background base frequency, or "heartbeat," (called Schumann resonance, or SR) is rising dramatically. Though it varies among geographical regions, for decades the overall measurement was 7.8 cycles per second. This was once thought to be a constant; global military communications developed on this frequency. Recent reports set the rate at over 11 cycles, and climbing. Science doesn't know why, or what to make of it.

Geophysical Condition: Earth's Diminishing Magnetic Field

While earth's "pulse" rate is rising, her magnetic field strength, on the other hand, is declining. According to Professor Bannerjee of the University of New Mexico, the field has lost up to half its intensity in the last 4,000 years. And because a forerunner of magnetic polar reversals is this field strength, Prof. Bannerjee believes that another reversal is due. Gregg Braden, who I have had on the show several times believes that because these cyclical Shifts are associated with reversals, Earth's geological record indicating magnetic reversals also marks previous Shifts in history. And, within the enormous time scale represented, there
were quite a few of them.

What is a Schumann Resonance?

Believe it or not, the Earth behaves like an enormous electric circuit. The atmosphere is actually a weak conductor and if there were no sources of charge, its existing electric charge would diffuse away in about 10 minutes. There is a 'cavity 'defined by the surface of the Earth and the inner edge of the ionosphere 55 kilometres up. At any moment, the total charge residing in this cavity is 500,000 Coulombs. There is a vertical current flow between the ground and the ionosphere of 1 - 3 x 10^-12 Amperes per square meter. The resistance of the atmosphere is 200 Ohms. The voltage potential is 200,000 Volts. There are about 1000 lightning storms at any given moment worldwide. Each produces 0.5 to 1 Ampere and these collectively account for the measured current flow in the Earth's 'electromagnetic' cavity.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Just tryed to look at this for seismic activity for today but there is nothing there at all hisz.rsoe.hu... is not working at mo.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
it is still worth looking for seismic activity , as the build-up could take several hours (48-78) .

Regarding the 12 hertz frequency it seems to happen when you are "engaged in thinking activities, anxious or stressed." ...

Well, good to have some cold beer then

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Other than my cats and dog acting like they're not fed, and always being starving raving hungry???? Oh wait, that's normal, nevermind. No Odd behavior!

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrVertigo
This is very interesting! I'm far from an expert on these matters but I'm a bit puzzled as to where all this pressure is coming from.

The sun has gone dead silent again so it woul appear to be something else.

My guess would be that we're moving into the center of the galactic plane and that the energy levels there are much higher, but this is pure speculation.

Any other guesses?

Scientist now have rescinded this claim about what the sun was supposed to do and now quite frankly declaring the exact opposite. The sun is scheduled to flip poles in 2012. And this magnetic energy has been building in the sun. Every 11 years it releases this energy starting the cycle over again. Its only going to get worse from here until 2013 then the suns magnetic field will be all most depleted for a while.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Thought: Is it possible THIS is causing global warming and not my SUV? Just sayin...

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

well, NASA expected extreme solar activity for this solar cycle, fueling my 2012 theories . But now , it looks like the predictions were wrong , and we will have an unusually weak solar maximum activity. Conclusion : we still do not fully understand the underlying causes of Solar Activity.

Concerning the idea that our Earth will pass trough the galactic center, well it is not the case as it seems like we already passed it several thousands years ago..

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Here is a gif of the sun sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov... its kicking in to life well compared to what its been like.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtinguish

I guess climate change had to come -with humans on Earth or not. We just gave it some extra spin , thats all

ps: still good to get rid of your SUV, think about the cash you spend on petrol and the war necessary to secure the petrol resources.. get a small car at least for the short daily journeys ! and keep the SUV for the longer journeys !

[edit on 28-6-2009 by Romanian]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romanian

I guess climate change had to come -with humans on Earth or not. We just gave it some extra spin , thats all

ps: still good to get rid of your SUV, think about the cash you spend on petrol and the war necessary to secure the petrol resources.. get a small car at least for the short daily journeys ! and keep the SUV for the longer journeys !

[edit on 28-6-2009 by Romanian]

Would if I could. I can't fit my tools in a Smart Car.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

I know global warming is happening but i do not believe we are responsible i believe its the sun all the planets are warming since there is no life out there who is responsible for it out there.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

can you get some smart tools?

The most efficient car in Europe is this one:

en.wikipedia.org...

The diesel version can run about 80-90 miles per gallon of Diesel! and it is way nicer than Smart !

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mars1

We do contribute to the climate change, however we do not contribute 100% to it. This is where scientists are debating - some see the human contribution and they assume all the climate change is done by humans, ans some scientists see the external factors and assume humans got nothing to do with the climate change. My belief is that we see both causes working together.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romanian

well, NASA expected extreme solar activity for this solar cycle, fueling my 2012 theories . But now , it looks like the predictions were wrong , and we will have an unusually weak solar maximum activity. Conclusion : we still do not fully understand the underlying causes of Solar Activity.

Concerning the idea that our Earth will pass trough the galactic center, well it is not the case as it seems like we already passed it several thousands years ago..

Think that would be that 26.000 year cyclic event it takes the sun to go from the center and up and the down again..Where are those ppl now ?

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Hey, nice to see all the information here about this recent strange earth behaviour. I am from Ireland and was talking to my friend who is in Czech Republic and she mentioned that there are giant storms causing suffering of people and flood also; but the peculiar thing she mentioned that she was also feeling headache today; her mother was also feeling the same thing; and she also told me that she got an sms from her friend and she had the same strange feeling!! may be coincidence and may not be!!

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Let us say this is tue, and the sun flips poles, why shouldnt the earth do the same ??

the theory is that planets orbit in solar equatorial plane with opposite magnetic polarities so that like poles repel causing the planets to stay flipped by repulsion

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/87294f358fe9.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRebel

i have had headaches for two days now, and peeping in the ears. Any of you encountered that ?? white flashes in the eyes, very tiny ones..

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join