It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Richard Dawkins backs atheist camp to give children 'godless alternative'

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tank2/8
reply to post by DASFEX

This is the last time I am going to post about this particular topic because this thread is covering a much larger area.

You are the only one arguing with what I am saying DASFEX. So what If I did a sloppy job of cutting and pasting? The facts are still there.

The next thing that you reply about this subject. Give me some FACTS that proves me wrong and I will then take into consideration your point of veiw. But SHOW me the medical research (which is perfectly capable) that has determined that the morning after pill (a couple different types of treatment) acually TERMINATES an existing human life.

WTF? Dude if you would have USED THE CORRECT LABEL for this subject rather than using a known misnomer, one I might add, YOU painted yourself in a corner with by copy pasting the very problem I have with your argument and that is there would not BE one, if you had used the Correct term but YOU keep thinking I have to prove you wrong but YOU PROVED you are wrong in your own copy pasted quote which advises why the name "morning after pill is what again?

A MISNOMER!

Got IT?

MIS NOMER means what? I thought I left you a link to the definition but you are still asking me to prove a point that we have no argument over and already mentioned this once we got that straight and I said "water under the bridge" . In other words once I discovered the intellectual dishonesty you are using by INSISTING the misnomer YOU admit is a misnomer by inadvertantly telling us you did because it was cautioned in your own referance link NOT to use that word for it and why?

Because the "morning after pill, (you know, the word you keep using as a emergencey contraceptive measure) really means ABORTION PILL!

Had you just admitted it and said "I'm sorry' I meant (correct name here) and NOT used the wrong name of a pill that YOU proved should NOT be called a "morning after pill", there would be no arument. Yet you still fail to fathom the mistake you made caused the very argument we invariably agree on! Because it causes the very confusion YOU seem to insist on perpetuating as it is crystal clear you still have no idea YOU created a strawman for me to knock down and are totally unaware of it.

Quit Calling it the morning after pill and you will find you won't have anyone disagreeing with you.

It is really that simple

[edit on 2-7-2009 by DASFEX]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DASFEX

You are #ing halarious!
Calling it the 'morning after pill' was not a misnomer. The morning after pill is a generic name for different emergency contraceptives like Plan B. I am pro-life . I think that if someone becomes pregnant by force (rape) or the person was not responsible enough to use protection during intercourse when they are not ready or have no buisness raising a child, they should give the child to a family who is ready and willing.

The latest forms of emergency contraceptive Prevent pregnancy from even taking place. Prolife people, religious and non religious should be embracing this. What is ironic about this is that it is majorily religious anti abortion people who are fighting Plan B, when in fact by denying the public this option, you are accually pushing some to have an accual abortion.

I think you and the people like you just dont like the idea of somebody being able to run around having sex with less consiquences.

[edit on 2-7-2009 by Tank2/8]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
There is a pill called an abortion pill that does cause abortion. That is not the treatment I have ever refered to.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Any who.....
I completely support a summer camp for kids that offers an alternative to religion. It is not wrong or immoral. It is wrong and immoral for you religious nuts to pass judgement on it like some have

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   

You are #ing halarious!
Calling it the 'morning after pill' was not a misnomer. The morning after pill is a generic name for different emergency contraceptives like Plan B. I am pro-life .

I think you and the people like you just dont like the idea of somebody being able to run around having sex with less consiquences.

[edit on 2-7-2009 by Tank2/8]

I could care less about your particular sexual bent or prescribed depravity, all I have been saying is you keep equivocating your arguments. Look, Ill make this REAL simple and explain it as if I was talking to a six year old.

Ready?

This is what you said.

I think that if someone becomes pregnant by force (rape) or the person was not responsible enough to use protection during intercourse when they are not ready or have no buisness raising a child

I used this very scenario to get you to be more specific about what you were calling the morning after pill in my very first post to you and if you care to check you'll see that.

The morning after pill is what they give to rape victims because they don't want to carry the rapists child. - Dasefex
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now, I never said I had any problem with a rape victim wanting an abortion, in fact I think it is understandable they would moreover I think they should be given the option but rather than try to understand a persons post, you assume things I never said while forgetting what attack it looking for holes you can exploit how stupid you think they are.

Now rather than listen, , YOU got presumptuous and started accusing me of being ignorant telling me to get the facts on the morning after pill.

Having read them, you will recall I said " How long do you think sperm stays alive, in my attempt again, find out what you are talking about.

Had you read your own links trying to educate me, you would have read where it says many people think the morning after pill means they only have twenty four hour window of opportunity to take the pill which WE BOTH know is not true, hence the reason I asked you how long you think sperm stays alive, hence the reason it is a misnomer.

Get it now?

I won't get my hopes up

To continue, rather than thinking someone else may be just as well informed as you think YOU are, you chose to give me another reprisal and a link to how long sperm stays alive which was 3-4 days again missing the point of my question entirely as you continue to do.

Exhibit A, YOU said:

Calling it the 'morning after pill' was not a misnomer. - Tank2/8

Exhibit B your very own quote the one I googled a portion of your post which showed me links to where you "borrowed" it and lo-n-Behold, what does it say, see screenshot: NOTE The word, M-I-S-N-O-M-E-R.

Then you said and again I am quoting the very post I am responding to or your last one.

The morning after pill is a generic name for different emergency contraceptives like Plan B. - Tank2/8

Exhibit C, again in your own words using the referance YOU sent me to be as educated as you are, you notice it doesn't use the phrase as a generic term does it.

NOPE and I will furnish the link to it for your edification.

Read Carefully the bolded type:

On Aug. 24, 2006, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved a form of emergency contraception to be sold over the counter to women ages 18 and older. The generic name for this contraceptive is levonorgestrel. It's also known by the brand name Plan B. - Tank2/8
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now what were you saying about someone being hilarious? You know what they say about he who has the last laugh, well I'd say I was laughing but what I feel for you, is sympathy. Your argumentative nature and willingness to argue does not mean you have the ability to argue.

[edit on 2-7-2009 by DASFEX]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I am generally against religious camps and now this new anti-religious summer camp.

Summer camp should be about having fun in the outdoors and stuff, why must it be used at a tool of indoctrination?

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DASFEX

Ok dasfex, I am giving this one to you......I was not catching that your arguement was not about the overall point I was trying to make. STOP!!! (I know what you are thinking......dont do it.)

Just admit or disprove this.......there are forms of emergency contraceptive available to the US consumer that will prevent pregnancy WHILE NOT ABORTING ANY HUMAN LIFE IN THE PROCESS.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Did i miss the connection between summer camps and the 'morning after pill'?

I guess it is a logical connection though

I'm all for this kind of camp. I went to religious camps when I was younger and found them incredibly dreary. so much so in fact that mates and I bunked the bible sessions to go swimming with (shock horror!) girls and smoke manuka bark.

Any camp without bible sessions is better than a camp with them (generalising statement, but you get my drift).

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Ok dasfex, I am giving this one to you......I was not catching that your arguement was not about the overall point I was trying to make. STOP!!! (I know what you are thinking......dont do it.)

Just admit or disprove this.......there are forms of emergency contraceptive available to the US consumer that will prevent pregnancy WHILE NOT ABORTING ANY HUMAN LIFE IN THE PROCESS.

Just admit or disprove this

lol as I have tried to convey several times now, once I figured out what you were refering to but yeah we both agree on that score in fact I have no problem with an atheist summer camp. It isn't something I would send my own kids to nor would I recomend it but it is certainly within a persons right to see that their own can attend something like that if they so choose.

*Whew*

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DASFEX

Fantastic. It has been fun sparing with you. see you in another thread!

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matteo
I'm sorry to say this, but not really so much, shame on those who those who organize those camps, and not because they should be ashamed not to have faith but because they will teach them ho to enclose their minds...

Mind should be very open, don't let your mind to be shut down by atheism...Really

That this world has a creator is the most obvious thing in the universe

Why atheists should publicize and make public their loss of faith ( I am sure all of the atheists are people who lost faith, no one never had faith in such a thing like a creator )?
Atheists want to fight against the faith of religions because they actually recognize there is something more, a creator...And they want to fight this thing like adolescents want to fight against rules...

Do you wanna know the consequences of those camps on young people?

. They will think life has no meaning and they will be weak in difficult period
. They will become arrogant and harsh when discussing with people who have faith in a creator. They will teach them to avoid people who believe.
. Atheism is an escaping from simple rules of life, so they will think they can do whatever they want, and they will be less respectful

Do you want to know a thing ? It's like some very conservative religious people who could say " Aliens are not present in the Bible, than they don't exist " right in front of an alien...Atheist say" Creator is in the Bible, so it doesn't exist "

Don't you notice?

I would like to add that faith should be very personal and should bring someone to think deeply about things.

Non believers ( That's what I noticed ) are always telling people " African children are dying in thousands, so the creator should not exist "
They tell people " What God did for your life? "
They should think " What I have done to bring something good to African people ? " The Good spreads if it is helped to...Many many people ( Me included in many things ) don't do anything to bring something good

[edit on 28-6-2009 by Matteo]

[edit on 28-6-2009 by Matteo]

Not all atheists are people who have "lost faith".. I have been a atheist my entire life and I just don't believe in god, always have, always well.. Its simple as that. I however DO NOT go around telling people god doesnt exist or anything, thats just rude and wrong. And I think religious people should do the same thing, they shouldn't go around preaching about god. But alas, that would be a perfect world, and the world will be perfect.

And who are you to say atheists are arrogant? Its actually the opposite in my experience, religious people are some of the most arrogant and stuck up people I have ever met. Atleast all the ones I have met and know. They think they are bettter than others and they think they have some knowledge that other people don't have. A lot of them also think they are going to heaven and people who don't believe are going to hell.

These same people i know who call themselves religious and think they are going to heaven are some of the most corrupt people I know... they have drug problems, they have sex addictions... all kind of problems. Not saying it has anything to do with religion or all religious people are like that, but a good portion of the ones I know are. I just find that strange that the people I know with the worst problems in life just happen to be religious. And these people I'm talking about are hardcore religous, they go to church, they go confession... a couple of them even go to lourdes a couple times a year... but yet they are the most corrupt people I know!!!

And yet they STILL preach to me but yet they have much worst problems than any I've ever had. And it doesnt appear god has helped with any problems whatsoever

Also you talk about people having open minds, but in my experience (and I'm sure a lot of other peoples) religious people are the most closed minded bigoted people on the entire planet.

People use religion as a cop out

[edit on 4-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join