It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are those flashing lights up there?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by cassiopeia

Do they look different with a telescope? Can you see any detail at all?

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by satgirl

Not really. A telescope is not good, to hard to track them but night vision Generation 3

Yes, I do believe at least 50% or greater of these recent sightings (past 15 yrs perhaps) are life forms of some kind. I wish I could recall the paperwork on a case I had that involved an abduction where the individual never saw an entity such as the "Grays". He felt the whole works of the craft was a living, breathing entity in itself. Sightings now include so many balls of light that appear to be glass like on the outside with some sort of swirling living being on the inside. This "Shape Shifting" going on is perhaps the workings of the plasma or whatever these beings are made up of as they enter our earth.

Ron: You may quote me on the statement regarding my thoughts on the plasma, critters, etc. These are my thoughts and not those of MUFON.

Thanks so much for sharing the info. on the critter birth. I will take a look.

Denise M. Stoner
Chief Investigator, Florida
Mufon State Section Director

The case we were discussing...

Tallahassee UFO - Apr 1, 2007

video.google.com...

video.google.com...

Close up

www.youtube.com...

Motion Study bt ATS member

www.youtube.com...

There are many threads on it here

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
www.earthfiles.com...

I have something like this going above my house there is this one light that isn't a star nor satellite from my knowledge and it's just strange and has boggled my mind.
I've posted on here about it before but anyway it's a very bright sometimes blinking light and I've only seen this happen twice but another light comes often very much like a plane and will attach to the light move a distance stop and then the plane will start traveling on its own again and the light will become stationary again.
I have no idea, I shined a laser at it and it seems to be much much closer then it looks but I have constant plane traffic by my house and had to stop because a plane would be coming.

After I get my surgery I hope to take a video but I don't think it will show much.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by satgirl

I forgot.. Jack caught one when he had his scope on he Moon... it flew by his field of vision. Embedding not available click on the link. These are done with several repeats of the sequence

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 29-6-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Excellent vids, zorgon! Those are very interesting little... whatever they are's, lol!

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I would help search for these objects where I live, but we haven't had a clear night in quite a while. These reports that strange sightings are increasing is really interesting, either it's because more people are watching the skies now, or they really are increasing.

I think this has been going on for hundreds if not thousands or millions of years and it doesn't sound like comets or meteors or anything man-made to me. The way some can hover and suddenly disappear and make maneuvers that would kill a human occupant, it's probably not anything we made. Maybe there is a species that lives in the upper atmosphere that evolved here long before us, or it is extraterrestrial phenomenon. It could also be unmanned military drones, but these objects have been reported since antiquity. Either way, it's weird and it's a real occurance, and we deserve an answer to their true origin. Or maybe we can't handle the answer yet... but I know someday it will be clear to us if we can get beyond our self-destruction.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I live in SW Virginia and I have seen these exact same things. My daughter and I call them "floaty stars". Although we don't think they are stars at all.
The lights that we see almost every night when it is clear out look much like what you describing. Some of them stay lit very faintly and some of them blink. We have followed 2-3 of them at a time going across the sky together and 1 or two will disappear while the other keeps going. We have also witness them disappear and jump across the sky to show up in another part of the sky. On one occasion, one of them disappeared and showed up behind us in the sky to cross paths with a high altitude plane. These are strange little lights.
I have talked with investigators with Mufon and from what they say is satellites usually do not switch direction or stop suddenly. These may be UFOs above the earths atmosphere, just going by some of the NASA videos I've seen they are always up there going in and out of our atmosphere.
There is no particular direction to look in. Just look up and look closely at the night sky and they are usually very easy to spot. We normally see them around dusk and shortly after.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I did a search for these "satellite stars" and this thread came up. I've been observing these lights for about 2 mos now. I have managed to catch one on video about a week ago. I'll try and get the video up ASAP. The video turned out pretty good as you can see the object pass through the trees.

I've also witnessed the dimming and brightening of these objects. I have also witnessed them flash every 3-5 seconds. I can't explain it but these objects do seem to move with purpose and intelligence.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by peponastick

I'm so glad you got one on video! I've tried, but my camera refuses to cooperate, lol. Can't wait to see yours!

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Hi satgirl,

It' impossible to say for sure exactly what you're seeing without having also seen it, but you are probably seeing a mixture of satellites, junk, and meteors.

Certainly the fast moving objects that you describe are probably meteors. Meteors come in many different forms, and display a wide range of speeds, colors, plus many other characteristics that often confuse people. The slowest meteors can appear to move as fast as a swift satellite, and it's often hard (even for experienced observers) to tell the two apart. The fastest can cross the sky in ten seconds.

There are lots of people who observe the same sky (including myself), and they also see what you are seeing, but none of the experienced observes I know have been reporting anything out of the ordinary.

Unfortunately, just because you have some experience observing the sky, it does not mean you have seen everything that is "normal" - a common misconception. It takes many hundreds of hours observing, even a lifetime to become truly experienced, and even than you will not know it all. There are still phenomena that science has yet to explain, so anyone that says they know it all is not being straight with you.

It's great that you spend time watching the sky, and I hope you and your sister keep watching, because there is so much to see up there that the vast majority of people are completely unaware of. Keep questioning what you are seeing, and learning about it. Listen to those with real experience, and a level head, like Phage, NGChunter etc.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Ive been seeing for the past 2 months now, betwen 1 45 am and 4 30 am..just outside the constellation CEPHEUS, northeast form me( i live in southwest CT), a bright yellow star appears, and moves eat-southest for a few seconds, then fades away like a lightbulb going out. Its definetly upper atmosphere..and has made me wonder, wether its light reflectig off a stallite, space junk UFO? Its really breathtaking to see... the reason i give such a vast timeframe is cause im a late nght person, and go out time to time for a smoke. So looking up..thats when i see this yellow light. I usually see it 2- 3 times a week.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by C.H.U.D.

Thanks for the reply ziggy. I can PROMISE you though that these are definitely not meteors. Meteors don't spin around, go in circles, stop in the sky and then go backwards. These objects do. Neither to any satellites that I'm aware of, space junk or anything else known. I definitely don't claim to know about everything that is up there, but these things surprise me. I really do wish I could get video of these objects so I could put them on here. I know others have seen them, but for those who haven't, I really do wish you could see them because they're quite fascinating. I know what the typical irridium flare looks like as well as other bright flashes caused by satellites. I know the objects that move across the sky, get brighter and then fade away are probably just satellites, but these objects are very very different. I have taken astronomy and while this in no way makes me an expert on the subject, I'm knowledgeable enough to know that these things aren't any thing that is "supposed" to be there. Since starting this thread, I've found quite a few other threads where ATS'ers have posted about seeing the same things. Some have been seeing them longer than I have, but we all agree that more and more of them are being seen now. I can honestly say that I see them EVERY night that I'm out and the sky is clear. Sometimes I'll only see a few and other nights they will show up just every few minutes. I honestly have no idea what they are. I just know what they aren't.

Edited to add: Ziggy, I agree with you that this is probably just some kind of natural phenomenon that is yet to be explained. I just wish someone would hurry up and figure it out and explain it, LOL!

[edit on 7/11/2009 by satgirl]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by satgirl

Hi satgirl,

Agreed, anything that does not appear move more or less in a straight line, is probably not a meteor. It sounds like you would know a meteor when you see one, so I'm inclined to agree with you when you say they could not be meteors.

This subject has actually come up before (see the thread: Starlike objects that move strangely in the sky), but I'm at a loss to explain what people are seeing, since neither I nor others in the astronomical community around me are not seeing these objects... or at least not seeing them perform strange maneuvers.

From past experience, in most cases, the answer is usually "right under your nose", although it's not always obvious.

The first thing that springs to mind is, were you observing with your head supported/still? If not, try doing so in future to rule out body movement as the source of the apparent motion.

How about fire-flies, or sparks from a fire? Is there any chance it could have been either of those?

You said one of the ones you saw went from horizon to horizon in under 10 seconds... can you elaborate a bit? Did it also deviate from a straight path? Did the others all move this quickly? How many times have you seen them now, and what dates/times?

Might I also suggest, that if you and your sister are observing at the same time, and if you both know your way around the constellations, that you observe with some space between you, and then compare notes after, you might be able to rule out things that are close by (low altitude), which might seem obvious that they are not, but without that separation in distance, it's impossible to tell for sure. The further apart you are the better. 5-10 feet apart should rule out things very low down, like fireflies.

With careful notes, 50 km between you, and some math, you could probably get a fairly good estimation of altitude if you wanted to try taking it that far.

By the way, how dark/clear are your skies, and is the contrast between sky and object always good? If you have some light pollution, it might be interesting to find out what you can see from pollution free site.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: satgirl

Hi there. I came across this post while researching 'Moving Stars' after spending this past year seeing dozens of unidentified objects in the night sky. Not only have I seen a number of the same things you describe in your post, stars that appear to move in very unconventional ways, but have seen satellites that move faster or slower than those I've seen in the past, but that move in a curve or slow to almost a stop or bounce from side to side or move up the sky like a curious bug on a pane of glass or dim out to nothing before flashing multiple times on a single trajectory. I'm 50 now and in all the years I've been sky watching I've never seen this before. Iridium satellites supposedly flash when reflecting the sun's light but flashing multiple times? I've also purchased a military grade laser pointer and the satellites I flashed seemed to respond by flashing back. Any ideas? I, too, could come up with guesses like the satellite tumbles causing more than one flash, but last night I saw 3 separate ones all flash 5-8 times in response to me flashing from the ground...take care, thanks :-)!

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: zorgon

Strangely enough, I find myself agreeing with your 'critter' comment. They do appear to be alive and may, in fact, be undiscovered living creatures. I captured 6 morphing orbs in one video that are absolutely organic in nature...

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Im from South Africa, Pretoria and I was on my way home from work it was around 23:45 that I start noticing a bright blue whitish light flashing...seconds past when it happend again I looked to my left and by this time the light was now flashing 3 times in the sky with no clouds in a open sky. Now from where im staying at its all farms all around and the roads are dark and no street lights at all. It maybe lasted for about a minute or two and then it was gone. Just thought of sharing my experience with this occasion cause for me it was very abnormal. Coming accros a few blogs with these same events happening all over the world.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: satgirl

Seen them as well, not sure what to make of them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join