It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are those flashing lights up there?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
My sis and I like to watch the sky for satellites, shooting stars, and whatever else shows up on weekends when the sky is clear. We have been doing this for a long time, so we are fairly familiar with the normal things that are in the night sky. Lately though, we have been seeing different lights that behave very differently than satellites and we don't know what they are. We are hoping some of you know.

These lights appear to be the same size as satellites appear from earth and although it's impossible to know for sure, they look to be outside of the atmosphere like satellites. Most of the time they are a little bit brighter than the average satellite and the light is very bright white. They also flash. Unlike satellites though, they move VERY fast and don't always go straight across the sky. A few we have seen have gone straight but most of them curve and circle around and a couple have came in from one direction and completely turned and gone back in the same direction they came from. Normally, when we see a satellite, we can watch it for a few minutes before it disappears from view. These lights only appear for about 10 seconds at a time and we've seen up to 3 at a time. One of the first ones we saw was going straight and went from horizon to horizon in 10 seconds or less. They're so fast that they're hard to keep up with. We know they aren't any kind of satellite we're familiar with. We know they aren't any kind of normal plane and we know they aren't meteorites.

Anyway, this is the first year that we've seen these things in the sky. In fact, we've only been seeing them for the past 3 or 4 months. I don't have video because my video camera wont even pick up the stars and on a still pic, one of these lights would only look like a star in the sky, but honestly, I think all you need to do is go out and watch the night sky for a while and you'll probably see them yourself. That's if you don't already know exactly what I'm talking about. We've seen them every single night we've watched for satellites lately. I don't think it's anything other-worldly... not that I have any way of knowing. Is there a type of satellite that can move mega-fast and and not in a set orbit? These things just fly all over the place. Anyone know what I'm talking about? I'd really like to know what they are.

[edit on 6/28/2009 by satgirl]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
where are you located?
what direction to look?

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
would also be helpful if you could get images of some sorts etc to help us help you

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by heyo

I'm in central Ky. There's really no particular direction to look. We've seen these all over the place.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ronishia

I've tried to do video, but even on night vision, I can't even get the stars to show up. I'll see what I can come up with though. May be able to make an animation of some sort, if nothing else.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
You know, last night I saw something odd, like that.

At first, it looked like a satellite, it moved at a steady pace, and was quite dim.

But after watching it for a few minutes, it got really bright, then dimmed out again, and I lost sight of it. (it wasn't a flash though, it stayed bright for about a minute.)

I just shrugged it off, and went inside.

By the way, I'm in jersey.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alexander the Great
You know, last night I saw something odd, like that.

At first, it looked like a satellite, it moved at a steady pace, and was quite dim.

But after watching it for a few minutes, it got really bright, then dimmed out again, and I lost sight of it. (it wasn't a flash though, it stayed bright for about a minute.)

I just shrugged it off, and went inside.

By the way, I'm in jersey.

You may have just saw some space junk reflecting the light from the moon. That's why it may have been so dim also. When it looks like they blink its sometimes because its and odd shaped peace of junk spinning...

PEACE!!!

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
While some of these sightings may have very mundane explanations, I'm convinced there's more to it. These are exactly what I've been seeing since 2003. I refrain from trying to identify the ones that appear to be in space, but I've seen them below the clouds, and even one up close.

I've explained my story before here on the boards, but if you guys are interested, I'll tell it again. I have a test to study for, so I don't have time to write it all out now, but I'll check back again later.

But for now, thanks for the post satgirl. If people are truly interested in contact, I think dealing with these lights is a great place to start. Next time you're out at night, try communicating your thoughts to them and see if you get a response. You might be surprised.

CX

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Interesting thread Satgirl.

I can't help you with any answers, but i wondered if you'd seen this thread here...

Do you survey the skys at night?

Lots of interesting posts with others that may be able to help you.

CX.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I am in P.A., allentown area.

I sometimes sit outside smoking a cig., and see these lights also, hard to spot at first,
Its like you can't look directly at them, pick them up with periphial vision.
I notice them dimming and britening at certain areas of the sky,
my thoughts on that , I believe its upper atmosphere thin clouds.

usually i notice them moving for me, south to north, or vice versa.

One nite a few weeks ago, I spotted 2 lights , like 1 was following the other.
went in to get the wife,about 5 seconds, till then they were gone.
really wierd.

1 nite I was watching 1,it was more west of where I am,
and it stopped, wierd.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Ive actually seen something similar in october last year.
Looked like sattelits, this was two pretty close to echother, I thought they were sattelites until one of them took an almost 90 degree turn East bound... Pretty wierd, the other kept its bearing south, the both come from the north..

Have no clue what they are..

I have seen iriduim flares a couple of times, so I know it is nothing like that .. Keep posting if you see more of them..

P.s. I saw mina at ca.05:30 am...

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by satgirl

Exactly the thought thats been on my mind recently. I would just like to offer my support to this thread and explain my own experience from a few nights ago on a clear summer evening.

Basically the same as what you've been saying. The lights would dart across in any direction, there werent limitations like a shooting star. They would go a certain distance and then stop. Shooting stars dont stop they fade out I think.
These didnt seem to have to go straight either, at least from what I saw it could be 45-90 degree maneuvers.

I find this topic really interesting as star gazing is an eternal issue and it seems no one even bothers to take in the beauty of the night sky in these times we live in.

I hope someone can clear this up, but I won't be surprised if there are no conclusions to this ATS discussion.

[edit on 28-6-2009 by unknown known]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by killuminati2012

And yes I would urge you to tell your story again.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

Thanks CX! I hadn't seen that thread but will go read it right away.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I'm glad to see that so many others are seeing these things. I really thought that would be the case because there are so many of them that I knew that it couldn't just be my sis and I wondering what they are. Looks like the sky will be clear tonight, if the humidity doesn't block too much out, so I may go out there and see what's going up there. There's some strange stuff, that's for sure. I really figured there would be a logical explanation for these things, lol! Maybe someone will come along who will explain it all for us.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Its just wrong for the Americans to be able to do whatever they want and put whatever they want in the skies, because as it most likely doesn't seem to be E.T.s, the Govt can have whatever they want going on above us and we wouldn't need to know. Just like in the other thread about Observing the skies, oh its just space junk, what does that even mean? Just ppl accepting they dont really know what is up there.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by unknown knownJust ppl accepting they dont really know what is up there.

I do...

They are "CRITTERS"

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Critters, huh? lol. They certainly act more like critters than anything else that is "supposed" to be up there, ha ha!

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by satgirl
Critters, huh? lol. They certainly act more like critters than anything else that is "supposed" to be up there, ha ha!

Yes they do don't they? Its also why we have only fuzzy pictures and no hard evidence

Its interesting you use that lightning bolt... it too is 'plasma energy'

But what do I know?

[edit on 28-6-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I have seen these myself, recently got a telescope and have counted about 10 or 12 in about a month or so, a couple have been more notable than the rest, all seem to disapeer... sometimes move in an orbital motion and tail off, the best one i saw blinked in and out of existence about 4 times before vanishing..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join