It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do The People Want To Get Involved?--Iran Election Fallout

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Quickvote
Do you think Iran should be left alone to deal with the election fallout?
Yes 57% 3478
No 43% 2650
Total Votes: 6128

This is not a scientific poll

This is a poll found on CNN today, mind you it's just people who have visited the website, and counts only six thousand votes.

But why, do the American people, if not the majority but a good part, in this example 43% feel the need to intervene in Iran?

Six months ago people were saying Iran was a terrorist nation, bent on destroying the US and democracy, yet now, people are up in arms.

I can understand that most people are reffering to the government in these instances, and now the people want justice. But it is NOT our place to go about doing so, just like Iraq.

This seems like it's leading into the same scenario we were in 5 years ago in April. It is the Iranian people who must decide their fate, and they have to help themselves. Relying on International aid in these times won't do them any good.

This is a matter of the people, not nations. We should allow them to make their own decisions and carry out whatever will they want. They are being opressed, yes, killed, yes and charged with crimes they should not.

But there are more Iranians then there are security forces, or government officials. If they want a new government, they will take it.

So I ask my fellow ATS members, what are your thoughts? What would you answer in regards to the poll above? Do you think that any other nation should intervene and help, or let them make the choice that is rightfully theirs?

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I don't think we should get involved in Iran's election. It would just be more fuel on the fire of claims of US interference. How is it our business? I heard it put best earlier today when somebody said something along the lines that the people who are making the most noise about this are people who stir up emotions for a living and people who are up for election. We should be much more concerned about North Korea as they are actually planning to attack us in the near future.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by gwynnhwyfar

I agree, there are many more urgent matters that need attention in the media and the government than Iranian Elections.

Mind you those people standing up for their rights is wonderful, and I applaud their efforts. But it is THEIR efforts, not ours.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Yea, its one of those things in which you have to let them do it. We can't protect them or help them, its their revolt, their revolution. If they are serious about it they will succeed. But if we help, it would then be our doing. Time to let the kids grow up.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I'm guessing because they are generally told they should.

The situation reminds me of when someone is in the workplace that the bosses don't really like. They will wait for that one person to do anything and use it as an excuse to fire them, because they can't really fire them for the reasons they want(prejudice or whatever). Meanwhile, someone else can do the exact same things and nothing will be said or done. Because it's not the "public" reason/excuse that really matters.

Talk to a black man at any point before say 1990, and probably a good bit even after that and they will know what I'm talking about. If you were a black person and you were late at all, then you would be fired. The real reason they were fired is because their bosses were prejudice, but as they couldn't use that reason to just fire them outright, they sit and wait for any "valid" excuse they can find.

Obviously if the "excuses" and reasons were the real reason for the action, then they would be against those actions no matter who did it. But they aren't. Which only goes to prove that there reasons are just a bunch of crap.

Kind of like people who are against gay people because "it's in the bible". Again, just a lame excuse to cover up their own biases. Because if it was a matter of keeping the laws of the bible, then they would be killing children who were disobedient and so forth. But they do not, because they are just using the bible as an excuse to cover up their own biases and hatred.

And this stuff is not even new. The above paragraph is something Jesus pointed out to the pharisees who said they "cared about god's laws". And Jesus points out the same thing. If your reason was really about god's law, then you would also kill the children. That you don't keep all those laws and you pick and choose which ones to follow, only goes to prove you are just using it as excuse to cover up your own bias and hatred.

Mark 7 if anyone wants to see that part.

Fact of the matter is, many people could care less what excuse. Go bomb some Arabs? Sign them up. The excuse is purely cosmetic, and simply an enabler.

Such is the "real" world. The "excuses" is just to look good in front of "men".

As it's been known for 2000+ years atleast, then good luck finding any real change. All you can really do is not take part in such hypocrisy yourself.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
well, to quote alex jones quoting someone else: 'screw them.. i like being an empire'

new topics

top topics

join