It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Video Contest Entry) ATS 2012, The Final Days

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Hi all,

Here is my entry for the video contest. I'm sure some of you will spot some of the influences in this. It's a bit of a blend of a few things and I hope it comes across as I hope it will.

(click to open player in new window)

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Heyas there Extralien good job. I wonder whats goina happen to the last ATS poster hehe.

S&F for you!

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Well done!

Quite nice.

What came across to me was:

"CREEPY!"

Gave me the creeps. Hope that's what you were goin' for.

Indeed, star n flag.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by toraylin

Nobody knows .. yet

reply to post by lagnar

Yeah, 'creepy' is one way of describing it

This particular occurence has fascinated me for many years... makes you wonder what you'd do if it really happened.. I'd actually got a full sense of it years ago when I was stood on a train station platform. It was nice to be able to 'bring it alive' in this video.. unfortunately, at time of shooting, I couldn't get access to the train station.. It would have crowned this film if I had.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Very good effort....kinda like a 2012 blair witch film.

Maybe you should copyright the idea!

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by pharaohmoan
Very good effort....kinda like a 2012 blair witch film.

Maybe you should copyright the idea!

I was hoping on the end bit there'd be some kind of shock-moment in the complex with a bunch of NWO shock troops bursting in to carry him away, screaming 'I'm the last ATS poster release me!' or something like that!

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Great effort!

Unfortunately reminds me of Cloverfield though, especially the beginning. .

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by WatchRider

Fortunately, the local police were nowhere to be found

reply to post by amongus

Yes Cloverfield was one of the influences in this.. There are a few more too.
I'd be very surprised if anyone worked those ones out

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Good job! Suspenseful man.... I can't wait till part two! Been watching "Life after people" on the History channel or NatGeo recently?LOL.......Good job again, I was waiting for some Grey are or strange Cloverfield type creature to appear,lol.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Excellent job, Extralien

You accurately capture the surreal fear of something happening with no avenue of gathering information.

I like the way you set the tone with the dramatic music, and then cut it off for the rest of the futuremetary. Well done!

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Thank you.. I do have some ideas as to what I could do for a second part. Would take a bit longer to film due to the distance of some of the locations I think i will need... Won't let onto any of the ideas I am brewing for it..

reply to post by argentus

Thanks

I had to keep the music out of the video as much as possible, only giving the photos some music just to keep the sense of unknown things flowing outside of my view of the world along with combining it to the ats posts I was making..

Ensuring there was no music in the video segments helped me to capture the silence of an empty city.. all you hear is aircon units humming and birds singing... oh, and me

Had to be sure I was getting exactly what I planned for.

top topics

join