It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nixon backed abortion for interracial babies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Nixon backed abortion for interracial babies

www.presstv.ir

Tape recordings of former US President Richard Nixon have revealed that he believed abortion was "necessary" in mixed race pregnancies.
After the US Supreme Court had ruled abortion legal in 1973, Nixon tells aide Charles Colson: "I admit, there are times when abortions are necessary, I know that."
He gave "a black and a white" as an example. "Or rape," Colson offered. "Or rape," Nixon agreed.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
This is that "American freedom and democracy" that so many of my fellow americans on ATS strive to tell you about day and night.

That imaginary utopia free of racial hatred and full of tolerant people that all of a sudden welcome black folks with open arms after years of slavery and "separate but equal" nonsense.

YEAH RIGHT! Wake up ATS! America is impossibly hypocritical. When they say they're going to go and liberate some folks after they've worked it up in your head for long enough, don't buy it! It's garbage. When they show you protesters getting a beat down, don't go for it. They do the same thing here in America!

Don't listen to the disinfo crew, listen to the truth.

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU! America isnt how other people see it. America is better for the immigrants then for the actual born citizens. We arent actual that free either. It is an illusion.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
The Major is always amused when calls of hypocrisy comes from the propaganda arm of religious zealots planning the extremely late term abortion of it's citizenry.

The Major is perplexed; is there no quality Reagan or Bush material that can be tossed to the masses to deflect the current situation in Iran? Nixon? The ayatollah's had to bust out Nixon? The Major thought that Nixon had been reduced to the realm of Matt Groening.

Dismissed.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
First off, Nixon was a notorious bigot, does this comment really surprise anyone? And we already know the measure of his character, good old 'tricky dick'.

But to imply that the whole of the nation, and the ideals on which we are based on, are somehow nil and void because of the character of one individual, president or not, is just silly.

That said, we're far from perfect. To claim that we meet the high bar of those ideals would be just as silly. But to claim them for our own is saying that we believe in them, and strive for them as a whole, even if the individual doesn't make the mark.

We, the nation, might not always be right. Our leaders might stray. An open society will always have all sorts, it's the price paid for such. That's why it's every person's job to be critical, and vigilant, to keep in sight the lofty heights. It's a work in progress, but that work depends on each and every one of us, for evey one that fails, others will not.

edit:grammer edit

[edit on 28-6-2009 by Jadette]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
On a personal level. . . I would've been screwed.

-sigh- It's so damn tough to be patriotic for a country that doesn't recognize that any more. . .

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
So, Nixon had the same reasoning for abortion the founder of Planned Parenthood, the world's largest provider of abortions, had. And yet Margaret is held up as a hero to the people. Funny that.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Jadette

Agree. Plus, Nixon's generation was a generation where it was felt that there should be no "mixing of the races". This was the generation Obama referred to when he talked about his white grandmother. To have a "mixed race" child was either at worst, considered worth an abortion, or at best, worthy of sympathy.

The number of Americans who think like this is dwindling. Unfortunately, these ideas are still promoted by some religious groups and supremist groups (of any color I might add). Ignorant, outmoded ideas die hard.

Most of my great-nieces and nephews are "mixed race", no big deal to them or their parents. There is still hope that this vestige meant to divide people will die out.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaCurious

I'd like to ask how the opinions of a president from decades ago represents the current views of citizens today?

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by MegaCurious

I'd like to ask how the opinions of a president from decades ago represents the current views of citizens today?

Correct me if I am wrong.

President Ronald Regan is almost a Deity in conservative GOP circles and his opinions matter very much.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
On a side note, are there any credible sources reporting this? I personally don't take much the Iranian government funded and run Presstv.ir reports very seriously. Have a feeling they have a little political agenda to push, and what better way to do that than through their own 'nonpartisan' news site?

[edit on 6/28/09 by Ferris.Bueller.II]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I see the the Iranian media is still desperately trying to dig up dirt on the US, and our own resident morons are gobbling it up to prove what a horrible place the US is. Supposedly all because Richard Nixon made a racially insensitive statement over 30 years ago.

Perhaps the Iranian media should do a piece on a country that hangs 16 year old girls for having sex.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
This reminds of a KRS One lyric:

Every president we ever had lied/you know I'm kinda glad Nixon died!

[edit on 28-6-2009 by Tamahu]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Because Regan is widely accepted as a good president. Those that hate him agree he did some good, and those that love him think him as the last great man.

Nixon, in public at least, did what the people want: integration and liberal-conservative middle ground tactics.

It actually may make him look kind of better. Though a racist, he did not show this that much, doing many things to advance civil rights.

None the less, this would also be against you. because he was popular when he did this, meaning the people were not racist. He only became a bad person when Watergate was discovered.

In the end, this thread is trying to make a viewpoint that is simply untrue.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I don't believe anyone should force other people to do something unless it is to stop them from hurting an innocent person. I think that if someone doesn't support abortion unless the pregnancy is from rape or interracial coupling is ridiculous as those things cannot be compared...On an end note, I personally would not have an interracial baby with certain races. If I am an evil racist, so be it. But that is just something I wouldn't do. If someone else does it then I do not judge them at all though because that is their right.

[edit on 28-6-2009 by RetinoidReceptor]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

I think I know what you're talking about. BUt Abortion really should only be for rape and emergency situations. Not because some teen made the chose to get jigy at the prom and not have any self control.

As the old brute woman that my mother and grandmother were use to say, Children are the best birth control.

Besides that, If I love someone, their race doesn't matter. But there are some facial structures that I simply find disgusting for some reason and do not like. This does not make me racist. It simply means there are certain genetic algorithms I feel no attraction to. And anyway, these facial structures go across racial boundaries.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Here's the MP3 of Nixon saying that:

nixon.archives.gov...

And here's a msm article about the same:

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

I think I know what you're talking about. BUt Abortion really should only be for rape and emergency situations.

...surely you meant to add "for you" in your above statement... abortion is legal and it should have NEVER been made illegal in the first place... how a woman takes care of her body is simply no one else's biz...

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
this.....sounds like sometihng i already knew. maybe its one of those facts that isnt necessarily well known for some reason but its out there for people to find anyways.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

Science says that an entity with a different genetic code is it's own entity.

Before you make the tumor argument, a tumor will not have a brain.

Before you make the "but it has not brain at blah weeks", brain development levels are meaningless because the brain is not at human levels of functionality until at least 4ish, and don't finish being built on until 28.

and before you pull anything regarding choice, chose was made when one chosed to have sex in such a way to create a life.

Life liberty and the pursuit of happiness. freedom of choice to have sex is freedom. Once that freedom is used to create a life that will become a sentient entity, it must be defended. If freedom was violated to form it, such as with rape, then it has no right to life or the pursuit of happiness. Because life is more important, the pursuit of happiness in terms of the right not to give birth simply is gone because with soooo many forms of birth control, your inability to use your freedom responsibly invalidates your right to prevent the life of another.

[edit on 28-6-2009 by Gorman91]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join