It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World exclusive: NASA Finds Missing Moon Landing Tapes : Update

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
(Oh gosh, Zorgon is gonna tear me up.) Shivers.

No your safe...
Because I don't think we will see them

And about the time travel, you need to spend some points at the ATS store... the list of options to purchase is secret though, you need a password

[edit on 3/15/1492 by zorgon]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by bakedbean
www.geschichteinchronologie.ch...

Nice link

Boss engineer of "SU" space vehicles Sergej Koroljow / Koroliov

More commonly known as
Sergey Pavlovich Korolyov or Sergej Pavlovič Korolëv
Сергей Павлович Королёв

Head of the Russian Space Program

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I was privileged today as Colin Mackellar from:honeysucklecreek.net called in home to drop off his DVDs"The Moonwalks as seen at Honeysuckle Creek Tracking station".More so blown away that he gave them to me
off course I'm watching them now that's why a short post.
Now No ufo stuff ok just real footage of this historical event,there are points I've noticed so far of course
Quick notes so far:
@5:00 you see a shadow flare just before ?look again? and @7:30
@8:00 Astronauts throw their PLSS back-packs being dumped down the ladder At the end of the walk

@1:50 Buzz on the ladder,see light flare(from 8mm camera) in back ground

@6:40 states"that white dot wright above the horision on the right is a "phosphorus Spot from the TV converter in the Parks Station in Australia"" which I think means it's in the Tube of the Monitor.

I haven't done any screen shots as I'm still watching.

Source:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7989c8e26a48.jpg[/atsimg]

Zelong.

EDIT: WE didn't even talk about this latest event with the moon tapes even though this is what has brought as together,go figure
we conversed a wide circle of interest and believe me Mr Mackellar does not have Blinkers on.

[edit on 3/7/09 by Zelong]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Hey WW, how did you go back in time to 909 AD to make your edit?

How do you think zorgon got his chain mail, sword and shield??? Still waiting for my finder's fee, though...
:

[edit on 7/3/0909 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I must say that of all topics discussed on ATS this is my favorite and what brought me here 2+ years ago.

On topic:

As a point of technological reference, I am posting this 1969 TV car commercial. It may lend some context as to era technology and culture around moon landing:
(Plus, I dig cars.)

Looking forward to Zelong's full review of DVD. I love that site.

Regards...KK

[edit on 3-7-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
As a point of technological reference, I am posting this 1969 TV car commercial. It may lend some context as to era technology and culture around moon landing:

Yeah BUT.... it don't count as comparison because....

The Apollo video cameras used fiber optics, a little fact they didn't mention back then

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Ok and thanks for being yourself kinda kurious.

Colin Mackellar narrates a good break down of the receiving stations rolls with video and first hand reports of the functions and at times explanations for dis-functions.As below screen shot explains also quote from audio.

"that white dot wright above the horizon on the right is a "phosphorus Spot" from the TV converter in the Parks Station in Australia""

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e0411ac8fb84.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7bf2cb6b3a2e.jpg[/atsimg]

On video you see three screens International TV:Goldstone, Australian TV: Honeysuckle and Honeysuckle Super 8 film:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b13a5bf969dc.jpg[/atsimg]

Parks did have a very clear reception:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4352f06c4bb8.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8fdcb966f116.jpg[/atsimg]

Some of dvd1 menu:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bb3a257b0a7a.gif[/atsimg]

This is my first good view of the DVDs(Sunday morning)

I've been stuck on this anomaly for some time
I couldn't help myself.
I think I've worked it out,looking further still.
Light reflection that seems to disappear when astronaut moves to the Left (between 9:00 and 10:00) of the moon camera twice.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/38c43f453756.gif[/atsimg]

Zelong.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
This is from the DVD2,to the point.
Here's 15 screen shots in animation .GIF for viewing about seeing formations or structures on the the Moon, for reference the shadow is Ed von Renourad filming Apollo 17 mission on the Honeysuckle Creek monitor. (AUS).

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/db0ed8a0faf6.gif[/atsimg]

I'm all over dvd2 I'll try not to bore anyone
but,but it's what I see.

Zelong.

[edit on 5/7/09 by Zelong]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
How can they lose such valuable tapes? Sounds strange to me!?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Yes, the least we can say is that it is strange.

And some people even wonder why there are conspiracy theories...

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Yeah BUT.... it don't count as comparison because....
The Apollo video cameras used fiber optics, a little fact they didn't mention back then

Is this what you are referring to?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   

kk,

You do know that YT user puts out dozens and dozens of garbage videos, correct?

I think his inference there is way off, he directly insinuates that because they covered a classified technology at the time, then the rest is obviously covered up, or "lied" about as well!

Quite a leap of "logic". Please, also note that 'LunaCognita' is shilling for Jose' Escamilla, and his film that-shall-not-be-named (talked about elsewhere on ATS).

More on fiber optics:

en.wikipedia.org...

History

Daniel Colladon first described this "light fountain" or "light pipe" in an 1842 article entitled On the reflections of a ray of light inside a parabolic liquid stream. This particular illustration comes from a later article by Colladon, in 1884.Fiber optics, though used extensively in the modern world, is a fairly simple and old technology. Guiding of light by refraction, the principle that makes fiber optics possible, was first demonstrated by Daniel Colladon and Jacques Babinet in Paris in the early 1840s. John Tyndall included a demonstration of it in his public lectures in London a dozen years later. [...]

Practical applications, such as close internal illumination during dentistry, appeared early in the twentieth century. Image transmission through tubes was demonstrated independently by the radio experimenter Clarence Hansell and the television pioneer John Logie Baird in the 1920s. The principle was first used for internal medical examinations by Heinrich Lamm in the following decade. In 1952, physicist Narinder Singh Kapany conducted experiments that led to the invention of optical fiber. Modern optical fibers, where the glass fiber is coated with a transparent cladding to offer a more suitable refractive index, appeared later in the decade. Development then focused on fiber bundles for image transmission. A variety of other image transmission applications soon followed.

Jun-ichi Nishizawa, a Japanese scientist at Tohoku University, was the first to propose the use of optical fibers for communications in 1963. Nishizawa invented other technologies that contributed to the development of optical fiber communications as well. Nishizawa invented the graded-index optical fiber in 1964 as a channel for transmitting light from semiconductor lasers over long distances with low loss.

[...]

There's more.

Perhaps it was classified because Westinghouse didn't want competition to encroach on its turf??

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
You do know that YT user puts out dozens and dozens of garbage videos, correct?

True but this isn't one of them. That document is now declassified and I already posted a copy... somewhere

I think his inference there is way off, he directly insinuates that because they covered a classified technology at the time, then the rest is obviously covered up, or "lied" about as well!

Sounds right to me... but I don't say 'lied' just covered up as in NOT made public.. as in THIS attached to Apollo transcripts

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/015b0aa55fbe.png[/atsimg]

Quite a leap of "logic". Please, also note that 'LunaCognita' is shilling for Jose' Escamilla, and his film that-shall-not-be-named (talked about elsewhere on ATS).

That is actually a lie... touching on liable there
Personal character attack are frowned on here you know... I expect better of you

And yes NOW we know about fiber optics but we didn't then. Read my signature

[edit on 7-7-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by chunder

I asked around at the Uni in Perth, WA and it was confirmed that tapes were found and that this was reported on ABC news at the time.

Further investigations are being made to try and confirm how many tapes, what age they were and where they came from etc.

However, it does mention in the cosmos report that the tapes were recordings of environmental data from sensors. Therefore, their discovery would have nothing at all to do with any video images.

If previous posts are correct and the images in the magazine article correct then it would confirm these were data only tapes also due to the shape of the canisters.

However, as the video cameras on the moon simply transmitted a signal to earth is it possible the signal was recorded on data type tapes ?

Wouldn't have thought it would have been put on film by any process. Therefore, the only "film" available is what was shot off of a tv monitor - the only difference in quality being the type of camera and the dilution of the broadcast that was being seen.

If it wasn't recorded direct at that point and just "re-broadcast" or "forwarded" then there wouldn't be a copy of the least diluted signal available anyway.

If it was recorded at that point then it may have been on data type tapes which were found 3 years ago in Perth and supposedly could be processed now to provide the highest definition video available.

Hopefully I'm not the only person confused.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by chunder
However, as the video cameras on the moon simply transmitted a signal to earth is it possible the signal was recorded on data type tapes ?........Hopefully I'm not the only person confused.

I believe the data was recorded according to this:

As the raw SSTV signals were received at the three tracking stations, they were recorded onto 1-inch magnetic data tapes. Following the EVA, procedures required that these tapes be shipped to the Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC).

www.honeysucklecreek.net...

I agree this is confusing......but interesting.

WW: I wasn't putting too much credence in the YouTube video itself but was simply trying to ascertain if that was what Zorgon was referring to. Thanks for attempting to keep me straight and the other background. Although the YouTube inference was a stretch, I had not seen that document before or aware of fiber-optic use in that era.

Zelong: Thanks-A-Million for the tasty morsels from the Honeysuckle DVD's. I realize that required time and effort to share. It is much appreciated

ArMap: You simply rock dude.

And Toto too.

Regards...KK

[edit on 7-7-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Originally posted by zorgon

That is actually a lie... touching on liable there
Personal character attack are frowned on here you know... I expect better of you..

Well, firstly I don't believe I libeled anyone at all, especially no one on ATS.

I have a particular opinion of a person's skill (or lack thereof) on a certain video hosting site. I feel this person's conclusions are grossly in error, and should be pointed out when their videos are cited here at ATS.

As to the reference to Jose' Escamilla's film? Perhaps "LunaCognita"s own description of the video about optic fibers and the cover-up will best explain what I meant:

Stay tuned for Jose Escamilla's new motion picture documentary "MOON RISING", where we will go into much further depth about what is, without exaggeration, the most monumental coverup in human history. [redacted]
[email protected][redacted]

I did not make that up, it's there for all to see....I boldly underlined the word 'we'....

As to fiber optics, what say you about the references I linked???

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by chunder
However, it does mention in the cosmos report that the tapes were recordings of environmental data from sensors. Therefore, their discovery would have nothing at all to do with any video images.

That's okay environmental data is good. That covers things like atmosphere, dust storms and such useful info

Wouldn't have thought it would have been put on film by any process. Therefore, the only "film" available is what was shot off of a tv monitor - the only difference in quality being the type of camera and the dilution of the broadcast that was being seen.

I think people and media use the word 'film' as generic. The old TV signals would have been on data tapes, not film. There were 8mm films shot though as well but have no details on those...

If it wasn't recorded direct at that point and just "re-broadcast" or "forwarded" then there wouldn't be a copy of the least diluted signal available anyway.

Story goes the signal was forwarded from Australia to Goldstone... then 'adjusted and rebroadcast to Houston... in a 'reduced' quality. In Houston it was displayed on the huge screen. Media were not given a copy but had to film it from the big screen which was then broadcast to our TV's

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Still confused !

So do we have three tracking stations that recorded the undiluted data of the first EVA or just the Australian station ?

And did Houston record the incoming signal or just put it up on a screen ?

Considering the history being made I can't believe they didn't record it or that they were relying on one copy, although I can believe they were relying on getting multiple copies of original data from three sources.

On another front and forgive me if this is a stupid question, but I have seen somewhere on TV very high quality footage of a lunar lander taking off from the moons surface. Not sure which mission (or even how many there were that actually touched down - I guess a simple search would show that) but two things struck me - quality of the images and the lack of dust !

So two questions really to no-one in particular and apologies for not providing the footage - was this the first landing and if so where did the high quality come from and either way, why the lack of dust ?

Edited to say that according to this in amongst the environmental data found at the Perth university was the original video feed tapes !!

[edit on 8-7-2009 by chunder]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by chunder

...but I have seen somewhere on TV very high quality footage of a lunar lander taking off from the moons surface. Not sure which mission...

That would be the Apollo 17 Ascent Module ('Challenger') lift-off. It used the camera mounted on the Rover, that was remote controlled from Houston. Took a lot of practice, for the camera operator because of the time delay to account for light speed of the signals...the signal sent TO the camera, to pan up and zoom in to follow, and the time back for the operator in Houston to see the result. 1.3 seconds, each way.

...or even how many there were that actually touched down...

Six. Apollo 11, 12, 14, 15, 16, 17

...two things struck me - quality of the images and the lack of dust !

Quality 'cause the camera was placed in best position. You would not expect to see dust from the Ascent Module's engine, as its thrust was mostly deflected by the Descent Module, used as a launch platform.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Thanks for the info and explanation, much appreciated.

Back to the tapes and do we have three tracking stations that recorded the undiluted data of the first EVA or just the Australian station and if so has that now been found amongst the environmental data found at the Perth university ?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join