It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World exclusive: NASA Finds Missing Moon Landing Tapes : Update

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
Are they the same tapes that Zorgon posted about last year? IIRC they were found in an closed-down Macdonalds at an Aussie USAFB...There's a thread about them somewhere...

Edit...whoops...my mistake...wrong tapes....Zorgon's thread was Missing Lunar Orbiter Tapes Found In an Abandoned McDonalds

Nope but you caught it

I do have one issue with this report...

The article says the recordings were originally at Parkes Observatory? That is incorrect. We already showed that it was Honeysuckle Creek and since then they had a reunion and created a website of the NASA station

www.honeysucklecreek.net...

That location was first reported here
The Saga Of the Lost Space Tapes
Wednesday, January 31, 2007; Page C01

www.washingtonpost.com...

So where are these tapes? I will be watching this one

[edit on 28-6-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Well, they've had 40 years to edit and enhance the footage, haven't they? If there was anything ET-ish on there, you can bet your bottom dollar it won't be when they release the tapes. Too bad too but to be expected.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Okay so I read more and see Zelong already on top of it

Now we have one report dated they were found in 2006, yet the Washington post says they are still lost in 2007

When we say 'Missing tapes' we are not talking a film, but like the Lunar Orbiter tapes that were 4800 POUNDS of tapes, we are talking boxes of tapes and the reels looked like this

More odd is that Sir Patrick Moore, famous British Astronomer was in charge of the BBC TV casts and THOSE tapes were also 'missing'

BBC Apollo 11 Missing Tapes
Sir Patrick Moore

During the Apollo programme, he was one of the presenters of BBC television's coverage of the moon landing missions. The tapes of these broadcasts no longer exist: conflicting stories have circulated as to what precisely happened to them, or whether the broadcasts were recorded at all.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
So some schmuck tucked them all away at a McDonalds OR a Storage closet.

Actually it was a garage and those were NOT the Apollo tapes.

They are duplicates and were recorded by the Australian receiver location IMO.

You can think what you like, and you may not be interested, but that doe not make you right

The tale of the missing Apollo 11 tapes is made all the more awkward because televised images of subsequent Apollo missions were greatly improved. It was only for Apollo 11 that an unusually configured video feed was used. It was transmitted from the moon to ground sites in Australia and then Mojave Desert in California, where technicians reformatted the video for broadcast and transmitted long-distance over analog lines to Houston. A lot of video quality was lost during that process, turning clear, bright images into gray blobs and oddly moving shapes -- what Lebar now calls a "bastardized" version of the actual footage.

On top of that we never saw a live feed. Houston put the images on their big screen and newsmen then recorded from that to broadcast to us

It may surprise some of you, but SOME people are actually interested in this stuff

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
Anyways yea the whole "NASA is going to nuke the Moon" thing is so ignorant and tiresome it is sad. Many, many members have tried to explain what they are doing to certain members BUT they will still not let it go.

The reason for that is because we are obligated here at ATS to ACCURATELY quote a headline when we post an article... if we don't the Mod Squad pounces

What is sad is that serious publications like Scientific American use such a headline

NASA's mission to bomb the Moon
www.scientificamerican.com...

Yahoo News with a wide reach
Why is Obama letting NASA bomb the Moon?
answers.yahoo.com...

Just google it ever reporting website is using the term 'Bombing'

How do you counter that?

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn

This seems to be somewhat convenient, tapes supposed to be lost were found in a Perth AU storage facility..

I swear that a while ago on ATS somebody said there were hidden moon landing tapes in Australia..

edit: oops that was Zorgon and it's talked about at the top of this page. my bad.

[edit on 28/6/09 by Nventual]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
The tapes would look like this...

The original film of the Apollo 11 moon landing is recorded on reels of specially formatted magnetic tape like this one. There is only one working machine at the Goddard Space Flight Center that can still read the magnetic tape.

Here is what the label would look like

These images were distributed to NASA employees in 2006 to help them identify any boxes of Apollo-era tapes they might come across. Goddard believes the missing tapes may still be somewhere at Goddard or sent off to other facilities for storage or research.

Over 2,600 boxes of magnetic tapes full of Apollo data like this one were shipped from the National Archives to the Goddard Space Center between 1970 and 1975. Only two boxes of tapes remain at the Archives. The rest are missing

The tapes include biomedical data on astronauts, telemetry and engineering data from the Apollo missions, as well as video footage of the Apollo 11 landing. As NASA begins thinking about future missions to the moon, these 13,000 reels of missing tape would be a critical source of information.

According to the National Archives we are talking 13,000 reels of data are nowhere to be found

13,000 in 2,500 Boxes

How do you 'lose' 13,000 tapes that size?

SOURCE NASA via Popular Science
Posted Sept 30, 2008
www.popsci.com...

So they were still missing Sept 2008

No conspiracy?

We haven't even started

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   

This seems to be somewhat convenient, tapes supposed to be lost were found in a Perth AU storage facility..

This would never have come to light if it wasn't for this

In 2002, one of the men who had worked at Australia's Honeysuckle Creek ground station in 1969 -- and who had seen the high-quality Apollo 11 video originals back then -- found a 14-inch reel of tape in his garage that seemed to be from that period. He brought it to a Honeysuckle Creek reunion and passed it around.

That piece of tape led to the creation of the Honeysucklecreek website

At the next year's reunion, several more Honeysuckle veterans brought in mementos from the Apollo era, and this time they included actual moonwalk photos they had taken as the video played on their special monitors. The photos were of the original images -- not the ones reformatted for television -- and they were clearly much better than what everyone else had seen. An American engineer had similar pictures taken at the Mojave site.

John Lear had said for years Australia got the good stuff before anyone else... seems he was right

John Lear and Bob Lazar at Goldstone. Bob's 'non-existent' ID Badge got them inside

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
wonder what CG House was hired to make this refound footage and what programs were used...

I'd laugh if you could make out a Maya or Lightwave shader preset in them....

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterE
I want them NOW!!

Ah come on what's a month or two? Heck we been waiting 40 years

this got to page four and no one rattled my chain

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
It does make you wonder how NASA could be that incompetent. Losing 13,000 tapes in 2,500 boxes?

Such a significant achievement by mankind and they are that careless? Give me a break.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Hey zorgon, that's a great flic of John and Bob - never seen it. What happened when they were at that facility? Since it's off-topic do you have a thread you could link me to?

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Hey Zorgon let me ask you a question?

What does it matter really? Now that they have been "rediscovered" and it is public knowledge now that clearer footage is available. Do you really think they will not let the public see the data?

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

this got to page four and no one rattled my chain

That's because you're being too informative, and gentle.

AND we have a few others who could stand a good rattlin'!

But....t'ain't hardly worth it, no more....they'll crawl away eventually.

I'm wondering how long it's gonna take, with only one operating machine, to read all of them? So much for the "convenient" anniversary theory. Maybe for the big five-O?

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Even more surprised that they did not back up all those 13000 tapes on DVDs or video cassettes.

I guess the government can get away with anything.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
CGI is really getting good these days

Ive said this before, i have an awful feeling NASA is setting up the next 911 and the proposed moon shot is just the bate to get the worlds attention.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
What does it matter really?

To most of the world it probably doesn't matter
To a few on ATS it matters

That NASA treats valuable historical records so shoddily?

What does it matter... Its old stuff 40 years ago nothing to see move along

Will it disprove the Moon Hoax?

Why would it? If the premise is the whole thing was faked in the first place, a better copy will not do anything, unless it will be clear enough to see the gaffer in the background

But I would rather watch those than deal with Micheal Jackson the next 6 months :0

Do you really think they will not let the public see the data?

Jury is out on that one

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   

You'd be surprised at the stuff we hide here in Perth.

Seriously. We've got a bell tower that looks like a yacht and everything.

Rewey

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Ok I was told to check out Bob Jacobs, NASA Dep Administrator for Public Affairs, has some comments on Twitter.
"In short, it must have been a slow news day in the UK!"
That Quote sounds Bad.
twitter.com...
I'm busy today being Monday,I'll get back to this later.

Zelong.

EDIT:G'day zorgon,I think this may of made your Sunday

[edit on 29/6/09 by Zelong]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zelong
"In short, it must have been a slow news day in the UK!"
That Quote sounds Bad.

EDIT:G'day zorgon,I think this may of made your Sunday

Hey how's it going? Yup that NASA comment made my day alright

Do you really think they will not let the public see the data?

Jury is out on that one

Revision...

Not Likely based on new evidence

[edit on 29-6-2009 by zorgon]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join