It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World exclusive: NASA Finds Missing Moon Landing Tapes : Update

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Can't wait to see them, I don't believe in the moon landing hoax, so this will be amazing to see. I'm sure conspiracy theorists will find something in the videos that doesn't make sense to them

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
2 possibilities sing to me here

1) the tapes are new tapes that have been carefully edited to make sure no deeper conspiracys take place...covering up the oddities from before, and once and for all ending any talk about anomolious material found...it will of course be well done so it will be hard to figure out if its a fraud

2) they will show the tapes that were supposedly lost, with a few clips here and there of things extremely strange which they have "overlooked"...aka, a proper ufo in the backround...this will allow them to say they had no idea there was anything on the moon because these tapes are new to them also...and suddenly, plausable deniability verses complete 40 year lie to the public, which the public will buy and a sudden new desire to give NASA piles of money to return to the moon and view these things

of course, theres more possibilities, but those two stick out as likely conspiracys taking place.

one more thing that hasnt eluded me...this is a prediction on ATS of something happening in the future...which means it wont happen.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Zelong

I sure hope you can get some news from your contact, it would be pretty deflating if these are the tapes that ommadawn linked article are referring to...

Are they the same tapes?

That article is from 2006... So that makes me think this could be a guise to increase awareness of the celebration next month... :shk:

Thanks for the updates

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

i agree, by the way
even though the entire world is for Disclosure, and it is official i think that NASA will never admit that they " knew "

by the way how can NASA aka " Never A Straight Awnser" just loose somthing sooooo inportant as this
make me go " hmmmmmm"

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Well reading the article again it does sound promising NASA said this and that

The strangest thing is I was going around Colins place today to get some Moon footage,now this will put a smile on his face

Source:
The low grade, dark and grainy television pictures that were beamed around the world on July 21 1969 were intended to give Americans just a glimpse of their country’s greatest exploratory achievement.......

But Nasa confirmed to the Sunday Express that they also contain the video data of the Apollo 11 landing.

“We’re talking about the same tapes,” a Nasa spokesman said when challenged.

I don't think their referring to these this time:
Apollo TV Tapes: The Search Continues 03 November 2006
And
Lost Moon landing tapes discovered 1 November 2006

Zelong.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Now they have the technology to clean the footage from all sorts of unwanted things and artefacts.

I personally can't wait to see LROC images.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
If NASA does not come up with a very clear explanation on how footage from the most important event in recent History could go "lost" and wind up in some facility on the other side of the world, Im not buying this.

Does anyone know the official explanation for why and how this footage was supposed to have gone "lost"?

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

To answer that question, Sf, we may need zorgon.

I'm wondering if these are simply copies...well, not copies...duplicates.

I thought because of the orientation of the Moon at the time (July 1969) in relation to Earth, Australia was a good location to act as signal acquire and relay to Houston. Hence, they made recordings, whilst passing the signal feed to the US, where more recordings were made. Hence, duplicates.

Could be full of goose feathers, though....

PS....anniversary? Seems like the 30-year anniversary would have been more timely...."turn of the century", and all. (I know, I know....but everyone thought the new century began in 2000).

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
how convienent!! 40th aniversery comming up...........well with our advanced editing and effects tech they are probably new vids made to look old......CG graffics are incredible now!! they can blow up new york and make it look real.............how would we know if they are genuine??

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

yeah, fortunate timing all right...
I dont understand this, maybe someone can help me out...
The cameras these guys had recording (the ones attached to their chests) were not high quality cameras... they 'supposedly' recorded the footage we all know and love... so where the hell would they get high quality tapes from???

Did they just enhance the footage through digital tech?
If so, why don't they enhance the old footage?
also, that would just ad to more tampering with.

If you ask me, they just went back to the studio and recorded some knew material with the old set. Don't worry, I'm sure there will be plenty to talk about when these tapes come out, NASA never seems to be able to cover up EVERYTHING...

Star and Flag for you though, will def be watching this!

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
They have had 40 years to remake it too, with todays CGi it could be pretty exciting to wath, after 'cutting' if it is the real deal.

A dumb question, I dont belive him , this guy at work say his mother was a pen pal of the mother of one of the astronauts, and he further cliams she got a recording sent from this mother..

Any chance that could have happend ?

i realy doubt it, and chances would be like 0% right ?!

[edit on 28-6-2009 by ChemBreather]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

The problem has always been the fact that they were supposed to be shipped back to NASA Goddard Space flight center Greeenbelt Maryland.
Read more here.....

Check paper work:
reply to post by Zelong

Zelong.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

These tapes, according to the article, are supposed to end the conspiracy theories surrounding the moon landing in 69...

so NASA is trying to persuade people of a conspiracy not existing?
I would think NASA would think moon hoax ideas would be so silly as to totally ignore them and scoff at the fact that people even would think of them.

But , if they are intentionally bringing out these 'new' photos of the first lunar touchdown, hoping to bring an end to the conspiracy theory, it seems like they are trying a little 'too hard' to cover their butts.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

If you ask me, they just went back to the studio and recorded some knew material with the old set.

Major
:
:
for that!

Cameras mounted on suits took still photos. Look it up.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odessy

yeah, fortunate timing all right...
I dont understand this, maybe someone can help me out...
The cameras these guys had recording (the ones attached to their chests) were not high quality cameras... they 'supposedly' recorded the footage we all know and love... so where the hell would they get high quality tapes from???

Did they just enhance the footage through digital tech?
If so, why don't they enhance the old footage?
also, that would just ad to more tampering with.

This footage is not from the chest cameras it's from the main cameras and was sent back to earth at 72,000 bits per second but never decrypted after the world saw the ladder footage they(NASA) didn't think it was needed.When they launched back home the footage I think still rolled for 2.5 hours after take off. About 5-6 years ago it was realized that they could get good footage from these tapes but couldn't be found.

Zelong.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Great find. Recently The History Channel began playing a preview for a new special called Moonshot set to air in July. I wonder if that's what they'll be showing or if it's just a special for the anniversary? I'm looking on their site for more info but being distracted by all the other videos (

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
There was a movie called the dish which dramatised this period in history

www.imdb.com...

And here is the thread that Zorgon created a good while ago about the missing tapes being discovered in a disused McDonalds.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Cheers

Berth

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn

This seems to be somewhat convenient, tapes supposed to be lost were found in a Perth AU storage facility..

Just in time for the upcoming 40th anniversary celebration planned for July?

These tapes, according to the article, are supposed to end the conspiracy theories surrounding the moon landing in 69...

I think it will cause more, not the least being the fortunate timing of the tapes findings...

We shall see.

That was exactly what came into my mind after reading this news

What an incredible coïncedence they find these films NOW!

Did I mention before that I don't believe in coïncedences?

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Ha ha..that was good. I agree in totality with your statement. Especially your last line. A prediction on ATS won't happen! ..Ha ha..
However, your logic is so sound that we may actually have a first.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
to say that this footage will clear up the conspiracy theories is absolute rubbish! No matter what it is it will not stop the fake footage from looking any more genuine.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join