It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If as so many people seem to believe, why have we never captured a ghost ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

Hello, I'm glad you responded to this.
I always welcome all points of view in every manner, afterall all sides of the fence must be thouroghly examined by every angle when looking into the paranormal.

Unfortunately, you cannot prove it's false, just as I cannot prove it's true. What we have here, is a matter of perspective. Naturally, "skeptic.com" and "skeptico.blog.com" is going to have a different "skeptic" view on the matter and there is a large possibility that Wikipedias' defenition of "what the bleep!" is, was written by a "skeptic", which is AWESOME. However, it's all just a matter of perspective. You cannot disprove Mrs. Pert just on the basis that someone says its "Likely" the pilgrims just didn't figure the pilgrims as a threat as it's "likely" the person who analyzed that was a "skeptic". The *fact* is, that we most likely will never know unless we were to be able to actually interview the captain himself, which is extemely "un-likely".

What *is* "likely" however, is that we are back to square one.

[edit on 30-6-2009 by Wookiep]

[edit on 30-6-2009 by Wookiep]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by afoolbyanyothername

What if the spirits of the people who died are all going somewhere after they pass on? What if the ones who are still here are the minority who are either lost or didn't find their way to the proverbial light?

I don't know about you, but as soon as I kick it, I'm off for a couple of laps around the milky way.

Cheers!

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by peacejet
The thing is that ghosts stay on earth until their actual life time is completed(if they died earlier than they were supposed to) or they wished to stay on. But once they cross-over we dont see them. So, eventually over time, most of the spirits do cross over to the other side.

This statement makes absolutely no sense.

How does one die earlier than they are supposed to? As determined by who?

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by danielsil18
You have to wait for our science to progress because right now our technology is not capable of "catching" a ghost.

Ghosts are mostly energy, they are a soul.

How do you think we could catch it.

I also want to add that not everyone that dies becomes a ghost.
Only some stay here because they make their own prison here to complete something or because they don't even know they are dead.

Let's say a person gets killed and thrown into a river. The soul will then stay on Earth and try to find a way for some one to find his body and take it to his family.

You can try and go to an old house and take pictures. Maybe you will be lucky. But to catch the ghost... not right now.

Edit:
peacejet has it right too. Spirits also stay because they need to complete their actual life time.

[edit on 28-6-2009 by danielsil18]

Where did you acquire all of the information you have provided in this post? Science cannot even provide a measurement for any of these claims of "ghosts" yet people pretend to have all of the answers. Everything you have said here is merely things that I have seen in movies and I would not consider that real or authoritative in respect to science or knowledge of "ghosts".

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Originally posted by Whine Flu
reply to post by randyvs

That's if you even made it to the fire!

Thats if the fire exists....you should try catching it in a jar

And to the Op, there plenty of evidence out there. You're just looking in the wrong places...obviously. Maybe you should switch on your BS meter so you can determine the fraudulent stuff from the real evidence

And just because someone dies, it does not mean that they will turn into a ghostly entity. Your lack of paranormal knowledge is apparent

I love this, there is supposedly plenty of evidence out there but no one can ever point you to that evidence. Where are the right places to look for evidence of ghosts? You seem to have the answers can you please share instead of being vague and cryptic.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Originally posted by LiquidLight
[See, that's just it, it's all very unscientific.

I wouldnt say that. Considering my field of work I take a scientific approach to everything. I believe that most paranormal events should be investigated scientifically if we are to determine what the cause or reason they occur is.

You say you take a scientific approach to everything, yet you are willing to say that ghosts are real without any scientific proof that they exist.

I agree that science should be the mechanism used to determine the source of these claimed "ghosts".

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by GTORick

Originally posted by trace_the_truth
The answer is because Ghosts don't exist.

This is one of the most ignorant posts I have seen in a while. If you don't believe in ghosts that is fine however to dismiss the possibility out of hand is not right. I am a high school and college physics teacher and the more I learn the more I realize we (human civilization in general) don't know a heck of a lot.

Another thing to consider is electric and magnetic fields. We can manipulate them, calculate them, use them for work and watch their effects. We can not see them. Rarely can we feel them and often as in the case of cell phone signals, wireless lan cards and cordless phones the EM is completely invisible to us. However, it does exist. I know if I pick up my cell phone it will work.

Dismissing the possibility out of hand is wrong.

Edit: Typo

[edit on 29-6-2009 by GTORick]

His post has just as much validity as anyone elses post in this kind of thread.

"What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof." - Christopher Hitchens

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   

So in my opinion, if ghosts actually do exist, then they MUST be composed of "something" because they apparently interact with the world around them and with people ... which immediately implies that they MUST be capable of being examined and studied.

This is one your best points. I love how people who believe in ghosts will say that they cannot be measured by science. Or that they are outside the realm of measurement. But what are the most primitive scientific instruments? Our 5 senses, If we can use anyone of our 5 senses to experience a ghost, then scientific equipment should be able to do the same.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by GTORick

There you have it. That is the crux of what I was saying. We know really very little about our physical world. We have been lulled into believing in humanism and that science and our fellow man will save us or overcome with knowledge. Thisw subject is a perfect example.

However, with that said there is a lot of measurable effects. For example it is well known that around a 'true' ghostly/paranormal experience a metal compass will go wild and spin around like crazy. It is also well known that a room or area will get extremely cold when a paranormal experience happens which is why you always see the thermometers with 'ghost hunters'. Those are just two of the bigger examples I can think of right off the top of my head. Both are measurable and reproducible effects,

Galileo once told Price de Medici believe what your eyes tell you. People who have seen/experienced a true ghost do exactly that. The proof is they experienced it visually/audibly.

Can you show any actual evidence of these measurable effects that are not located on a television show made for entertainment purposes. Are there any scientists that have been able to measure and reproduce these effects and conclusively say that they are caused by ghosts or paranormal events.

Any scientist would find the actual thing that is causing the effect they would not just say its caused by something I cannot explain and leave it at that. You test and retest until you find out what is causing the effect. You dont just get a cold reading on a thermometer and say, "it must be ghosts"

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by iamcamouflage

Go "test" and "re-test"! No-one is disputing testing shouldn't be done! However, it sounds like you are not the one that wishes to do this, and just wants to argue and get mad because you cannot disprove the accounts of ghosts possibly being real. If you don't wish to participate, then please don't argue, just to argue. It's clear you don't think ghosts are real, but we need people who can go find evidence, not people who are frustrated because there isn't enough. Be frustrated that you can't find evidence. But if you've made up your mind, then why are you here? Is it because some people still want to believe there is more out there piss you off, or is it because a personal gripe you have with God?
Please do that venting elsewhere.

[edit on 2-7-2009 by Wookiep]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by iamcamouflage

"What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof." A great quote, except I'm sick of anyone who disagrees with anything out of their own reality posting quotes like this. Take that quote and turn it around. I ask you the same! Get your scientists together and have a party! Prove to me that ghosts don't exsist!

I have always welcomed all skeptics, since I myself am one on an array of topics. It is not a disscusion however, when it becomes, "you're wrong beacause you are a moron" with NO evidence on your claim to prove otherwise. POST your scientific evidence to "prove" your claim. You've posted 7 lovely posts in a row showing you disagree, now prove your claim!

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamcamouflage

Originally posted by peacejet
The thing is that ghosts stay on earth until their actual life time is completed(if they died earlier than they were supposed to) or they wished to stay on. But once they cross-over we dont see them. So, eventually over time, most of the spirits do cross over to the other side.

This statement makes absolutely no sense.

How does one die earlier than they are supposed to? As determined by who?

How does that not make sense? Please tell me you aren't completely gone. I don't necessarily agree with it but MAN, you don't get what the point of it was??
Let me break it down like you were 2 yrs old. It means that when someone dies when they werent supposed too and determined by GOD I assume, (like suicides I presume), or leaves this place, or gets buried with the bugs like I'm thinking you believe (again when they were not supposed to)...
Are you following so far or are you drooling now in a state of "uhhh what the hell??" Just making sure.. Anyway, what he is saying is that they get stuck here and they linger until they were "supposed" to go, some people call it crossing over whatever. So his point is they "eventually" cross-over. I can't even believe I just spent the time to explain that since you are prolly still sitting there like "huh wtf?"

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Ghosts are just angels that desobeyed God and came to have sex relations with women on earth. Genesis 6:1-4.
They bred an ofspring of giant bullies, the arth became full of violence and God brought the Flood to destroy their offspring and wicked mankind. But they survived the Flood because they dematerialized their bodies, enclosing their spirit bodies, and went back to the spirit realm. Later, they were finally expelled from heaven and were restricted to the vicinityt of the earth. (Revelation 12:7-9)

Since they were expelled from heaven, they keep harassing humans, and making them think they are aliens from outer space. They will soon be destroyed by God. Luke 8:31, Revelation 20:2, 3, 10.

The reason why we cannot capture them is because angels, as spirit entities are immaterial. They are beings frm the spiritual dimension. Only other spirits, like God and his faithful angels can take care of them.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Your assuming that every person who has ever died gets turned into a ghost. That is not necessarily true. Only those who get stuck or want to be here are here. Whether through unfinished business, trauma, what have you. That only accounts for a small portion of the population. Some are visiting relatives, who come once or twice and go home.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by spaceship100
Ghosts are just angels that desobeyed God and came to have sex relations with women on earth. Genesis 6:1-4.
They bred an ofspring of giant bullies, the arth became full of violence and God brought the Flood to destroy their offspring and wicked mankind. But they survived the Flood because they dematerialized their bodies, enclosing their spirit bodies, and went back to the spirit realm. Later, they were finally expelled from heaven and were restricted to the vicinityt of the earth. (Revelation 12:7-9)

Since they were expelled from heaven, they keep harassing humans, and making them think they are aliens from outer space. They will soon be destroyed by God. Luke 8:31, Revelation 20:2, 3, 10.

The reason why we cannot capture them is because angels, as spirit entities are immaterial. They are beings frm the spiritual dimension. Only other spirits, like God and his faithful angels can take care of them.

For those who might be wondering, a lot of this is in the lost book of Enoch.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Umm, physically capturing a spirit? Are you serious?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join