It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If as so many people seem to believe, why have we never captured a ghost ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
It's a true statement to make that a large percentage of the human race seems to believe in some form of spirituality or occultism for many thousands of years.

My question is this:

You'd think that with the countless number of people that had died over the millenia, that you'd be expecting to trip over ghosts every time you turned around.

If untold billions of humans have lived and died over the millenia, and with an almost universal belief in spirits/ghosts, then why is it that NOT ONE ghost has EVER been "captured", analysed and displayed to the world as proof of the existance of such entities and confirming this widespread "belief" ?

I won't accept "foggy" images seen on photos or recordings or "voices" heard on tape as evidence of such entites ... I want to know why there's NO absolute and undisputable proof of a ghostly existance ? They either exist ... or they don't. If they do, then why no proof ?

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Ever tried catching a tornado in a jar before?

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whine Flu

We can see the effects of a tornado ... we can study it's physical properties ... we can model it mathematically ... we can record it on various media with no resulting doubts that it's a tornado.

So again, why have we NEVER "captured" a ghost ... if as alleged by many that they exist ?

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by afoolbyanyothername

Originally posted by Whine Flu

We can see the effects of a tornado ... we can study it's physical properties ... we can model it mathematically ... we can record it on various media with no resulting doubts that it's a tornado.

So again, why have we NEVER "captured" a ghost ... if as alleged by many that they exist ?

We can see the effects of poltergeist activity. We can't really study the physical properties of a ghost, but they do appear on thermal sensors. I'm sure quantum physics could explain it a bit better, but we're not that advanced yet. A haunting can be recorded on various media, too, but people like to make hoaxes.

So again, have you EVER tried to "capture" a tornado if you know that they exist?

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
This is because they dont sell these at Wallmart

and also ghosts kick around at night, so you would need to sleep with the proton pack on and a trap set.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Whine Flu

Even though tornedoes do exist, no I haven't tried to capture one.

You're still missing the point ... if each person that dies is a potential ghost source, we should be neck deep in the little buggers by now ... then why aren't ghosts EVERYWHERE and visible and scientifically studiable ? Even if for some unknown reason they're not containable in a "jar", we should still expect to see enormous amounts of direct, tangible & reproducable evidence of their existance ... but so far ... NOTHING ... ZIP ... ZERO ... NADA ...

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by afoolbyanyothername

So, WhineFlu ... if a "ghost" can be detected on thermal camera, doesn't that imply it's giving of heat ? Then physics demands that there be a source and mechanism for this heat energy that is being radiated ... and that explanation would be .... what ?

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Unfortunately there are no professionals out there wanting to study this phenomena.

I don't think it's true that ghosts are everywhere. Apparently they're trapped between densities and they mainly only show up if they've got unfinished business or had suffered significant trauma, and just can't go to a higher place until they're set free. Well, something like that, I don't know.

Anyway, yeah. The only people that will deal with this are unpaid people that are taking guesses like you and me. That and TV crews. Just need some pros, but they're too good for anything that can dismiss their teachings against the paranormal in an instant.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   

i'd rather drink turpentine n take a whiz on a brush fire.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

That's if you even made it to the fire!

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
How do you know that they can be captured on thermal imaging devices? A television program or show on the internet?

That is where everyone on this forum goes wrong, because they see something on TV or the Internet they think that it must be real. "Oh they're professional they must be right..."

WRONG!

Why on programs such as most haunted do the ghosts or "Spirits" convieniently appear before the host? (Its good TV and its exiting to watch)

There are unexplained happenings on this world, but you won't understand until your try something for yourself!

Don't rely on Media and word of mouth!

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Well, I wouldn't mind finding out for myself or something, but it's pretty damned hard assembling a team of mates that already think I'm weird to go to haunted places and stuff to see what we can find.

Plus, I'm lazy.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   

You've got me there, slice!

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Then its not up to you to debate about whether ghosts can be "Captured"

Some threads on here are shockingly bad!

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by The Shade

Well, someone has to give it a go. What's your opinion on the matter?

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   

I think I provided you with that information on my first post!

Good luck with your findings...

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Damnit, this is why I never participate in debates. I make myself look dumb and stuff.

I should just go back to one liners. Seriously, they give me dignity.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I don't for one moment give any credence whatsoever to "reality shows" like GhostHunters, etc who try to convince us that a noise or a perceived whisper is evidence of a ghost.
If "ghosts" do exist (and the evidence is sadly lacking), then they should be open to scientific study and the results reproducible by other researchers.

It's still just a very simple question I'm asking ... where are all the ghosts ?

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
The thing is that ghosts stay on earth until their actual life time is completed(if they died earlier than they were supposed to) or they wished to stay on. But once they cross-over we dont see them. So, eventually over time, most of the spirits do cross over to the other side.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
You have to wait for our science to progress because right now our technology is not capable of "catching" a ghost.

Ghosts are mostly energy, they are a soul.

How do you think we could catch it.

I also want to add that not everyone that dies becomes a ghost.
Only some stay here because they make their own prison here to complete something or because they don't even know they are dead.

Let's say a person gets killed and thrown into a river. The soul will then stay on Earth and try to find a way for some one to find his body and take it to his family.

You can try and go to an old house and take pictures. Maybe you will be lucky. But to catch the ghost... not right now.

Edit:
peacejet has it right too. Spirits also stay because they need to complete their actual life time.

[edit on 28-6-2009 by danielsil18]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join