It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adolph or Adolf Hitler

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I was brought up in an English education system and Hitler's forename was spelt Adolf, as it has been spelt by the man himself and as is seen on Nazi documentation, but for some reason I see that the name Adolph is often used by American educated peoples, why this difference in the spelling of the mans name?

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I understand your question and am sure I've also seen those different spellings used at various times.

As to why Americans seem to spell it differently occasionaly, I have no good answer. Possibly for the same reason that they removed the "u" from numerous words such as "neighbo(u)r", "colo(u)r", "tumo(u)r", etc ... changed the calendar dating format from day/month/year to month/day/year ... and changed the pronunciation of many words e.g tumour that was pronounced tyoomor into toomor.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   
More like Ad'oh Hitler amirite guyz?

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Sorry, last name was really Schicklgruber.
The spelling of his first name is almost irrelevant after that.

He probably changed the last name to Hitler so he could "fulfill" prophecys of Nostradamus. He was heavily into that.

[edit on 28-6-2009 by Cyberbian]

posted on Mar, 9 2023 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cyberbian
Sorry, last name was really Schicklgruber.
The spelling of his first name is almost irrelevant after that.

He probably changed the last name to Hitler so he could "fulfill" prophecys of Nostradamus. He was heavily into that.

[edit on 28-6-2009 by Cyberbian]

Alois Schicklgruber changed his last name to Hitler because his father was Johann Georg Hiedler and he had married Klara Hitler.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Never ye mind

Cheers
edit on 10-3-2023 by F2d5thCavv2 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join